FU--Virginia

Its a fairly telling event when a a pol's advance team can't even manage to get their candidate the necessary number of qualified voters to sign their petition to get on the ballot.

It either says tht POL doesn't have a serious campaign committee supporting him or he isn't serious about being on the ballot.

Now I am informed that Newt can't seem to keep a team together. I am informed that the man is so damned hard to work with that people keep leaving his campaign team.

Basically the word is that Newt is a jerk that can't work well with others.

no idea if its true, but that seems to be the word in GOP circles.

In a huge blow to the Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, Santorum and Huntsman campaigns, all of them have failed to meet the required 10,000 registered voter signature petition requirement to appear on the Virginia primary ballot taking place March 6, 2011. Mitt Romney and Ron Paul have qualified for the primary. Republican presidential candidates Michele Bachmann, Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum failed to qualify for the Virginia ballot, according to state GOP officials.
Five GOP candidates fail to qualify for Virginia primary ballot « 2012 Election Central

Four candidates — former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, former House speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) — turned in thousands of signatures by the deadline.

Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum not on Va. primary ballot | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Your state is CRAP--when you can eliminate 6 out of 8 GOP candidates--my final word--is FU--& it's no wonder you live next door to Washington D.C.

TYPICAL CON!!! The rules are just for the other guy! :eusa_boohoo:

Its a fairly telling event when a a pol's advance team can't even manage to get their candidate the necessary number of qualified voters to sign their petition to get on the ballot.

It either says tht POL doesn't have a serious campaign committee supporting him or he isn't serious about being on the ballot.

Now I am informed that Newt can't seem to keep a team together. I am informed that the man is so damned hard to work with that people keep leaving his campaign team.

Basically the word is that Newt is a jerk that can't work well with others.

no idea if its true, but that seems to be the word in GOP circles.
Most people that actually know Newt, hate him.

It's well known. Then there is this: 395-28.

Look at that number. That was the vote against him for ethics violations in a republican controlled House.

Just that number alone - 395-28 - should tell you gobs and gobs.

As far as the public sentiment...Let's go back to when he was in power, say...1996.
Lot's either don't remember, some were too young, or if it is remembered, it is layered int he warm comforter of time. Try this to jar a few memories:

Burning Down the House

Intent on making history, Newt Gingrich may become its victim

"As Washington digs out from the great blizzard of '96, there is one battle that Newt Gingrich, that noted student of military history, would probably not like to be reminded of: Stalingrad. As his tanks sink into the budgetary mud, his elite troops turn on him, his ethical supply lines stretch to the breaking point and his own behavior grows increasingly erratic, those glorious days when the Republican blitzkrieg carried all before it must seem like a distant memory."

SALON Features: Burning Down the House

In the above 15 year old story, I found this poll result at the time of Gingrichs' height rather amusing:

"A Time/CNN poll taken in December 1995 found that only 24% had a favorable impression of the Speaker of the House (compared with 61% for President Clinton) and just 9% would like to see him become president.
A remarkable 49% found him "scary."

That was when he was in our faces everyday. "Scary."

It's true. Time wounds all heels.

You have 4 CANDIDATES that delivered the required signatures--and the 2 biggest threats--Perry and Gingrich were somehow eliminated from this ballot--stinks worse than a skunk living in your bedroom.

Sorry, simply submitting signatures is not the requirement. Submitting qualified signatures is the requirement.

Under Virginia Code § 24.2-101, a "Qualified Voter" is defined as and has been for years:

1. Someone 18 years old by the date of the vote,

2. A resident of the Commonwealth and of the precinct in which they will vote, and

3. Registered to vote.​

LIS > Code of Virginia > 24.2-101

Virginia didn't keep anyone off the ballot, the candidates did by not following the law.

>>>>

Never mind the head of the VA GOP was telling them and putting it out in the press well over a month ago : better get your shit together guys.

Deadline is coming up. They were given major warning signs well over a month ago. Did they listen? Nope.

Talk about a FREAKING rigged primary state. Again FU VIRGINIA you SUCK.

Don't you mean that the Virginia Republican Party sucks...since they are the ones that determine how their primary is run.

Primary ballot signature requriements are not determined by the Republican Party, they are a function of Virginia State Law.

>>>>

None of them were serious contenders anyway, so no big loss.

The presidency doesn't just walk into your arms. There are steps, procedures.

Last edited:
Seems like you need to prove that there was wrong doing. I'm not saying there wasn't just this tin foil hat shit does not sell here bud.

The Virginia ballot is a MITT ROMNEY ballot--it's as simple as that. No one could possibly consider themselves credible by kicking off 6 GOP candidates out of 8 and then putting up the weakest most certain loser--Ron Paul and still refer to their primary as credible.

As it has been pointed out to you most didn't even try to get on the ballot. Secondly Paul is doing the best in NH and Iowa to Mitt...

You sir have a bias and it has blinded you... You sound like a crazy Newtie-bot to be honest.

Or a rabid "anybody but Romney"-er...

You have 4 CANDIDATES that delivered the required signatures--and the 2 biggest threats--Perry and Gingrich were somehow eliminated from this ballot--stinks worse than a skunk living in your bedroom.

Sorry, simply submitting signatures is not the requirement. Submitting qualified signatures is the requirement.

Under Virginia Code § 24.2-101, a "Qualified Voter" is defined as and has been for years:

2. A resident of the Commonwealth and of the precinct in which they will vote, and

3. Registered to vote.​

Virginia didn't keep anyone off the ballot, the candidates did by not following the law.

>>>>

And don't they usually have to be members of the party for which they are nominating a candidate...unless they are an Open Primary state?

3. Registered to vote.​

>>>>

And don't they usually have to be members of the party for which they are nominating a candidate...unless they are an Open Primary state?
To my understanding, no.

They just have to be a registered voter.

The Virginia ballot is a MITT ROMNEY ballot--it's as simple as that. No one could possibly consider themselves credible by kicking off 6 GOP candidates out of 8 and then putting up the weakest most certain loser--Ron Paul and still refer to their primary as credible.

As it has been pointed out to you most didn't even try to get on the ballot. Secondly Paul is doing the best in NH and Iowa to Mitt...

You sir have a bias and it has blinded you... You sound like a crazy Newtie-bot to be honest.

Somehow?

SOMEHOW?

It wouldn't be because those are the rules, would it?

i'm kind of amused that the very same people who scream bloody murder if you make some stew-bum registered by ACORN show an ID are the ones who are defending this kind of back-room shennanigans by the GOP. Or defending the GOP at all, for that matter.

If VA required proof that Obama was born in this country before he got on the ballot, and then let a bunch of crazy birthers set the standard of proof, would you guys be defending the rules as much?

This was a political fix. Nothing more, nothing less.

Your state is CRAP--when you can eliminate 6 out of 8 GOP candidates--my final word--is FU--& it's no wonder you live next door to Washington D.C.

So much for he conservative mantra of ‘personal responsibility.’

I think it's more an issue of the GOP trying to rig the game to get a pre-determined result.

no one is rigging anything.

rigging the game would be if they allowed newtie to slide with regard to rules everyone else complied with.

3. Registered to vote.​

>>>>

Short Answer: No you don't have to be a registered Republican to sign a ballot petition for a member of the Republican Party.

Long Answer: Virginia is not an open primary state, however there is a factor of time-line that comes into play under Virginia Law (§ 24.2-545. Presidential primary, § 24.2-544 Time presidential primaries to be held and completion of duties by officers of election; age qualifications for participation, and § 24.2-416. Closing registration records before elections. ).

§ 24.2-545 requires that a person be a "qualified voter" as described in other state law as already listed. This section also says signers: "who attest that they intend to participate in the primary of the same political party as the candidate for whom the petitions are filed". What it does not say is that a person must be registered with that party when they sign the ballot petition, it only defines an intent at the time of signing to participate in that parties primary ballot. Depending on the campaign, people can still change their mind after signing the petition.

I say that time-line is important for this law because of different dates involved. This year the cutoff date for submission was December 22nd. However registration, and change of party affiliation, does not close until until 28-days prior to the primary election. Super Tuesday is March 6th, which means registration will not close until ~ February 8th.

LIS > Code of Virginia > 24.2-545
LIS > Code of Virginia > 24.2-544
LIS > Code of Virginia > 24.2-416

>>>>

Last edited:

i'm kind of amused that the very same people who scream bloody murder if you make some stew-bum registered by ACORN show an ID are the ones who are defending this kind of back-room shennanigans by the GOP. Or defending the GOP at all, for that matter.

If VA required proof that Obama was born in this country before he got on the ballot, and then let a bunch of crazy birthers set the standard of proof, would you guys be defending the rules as much?

This was a political fix. Nothing more, nothing less.

A political fix? It was incompetence by incompetent candidates.

How the fuck is it a political fix? Did the big bad other guys bully them and prevent them from getting the required signatures?

So much for he conservative mantra of ‘personal responsibility.’

I think it's more an issue of the GOP trying to rig the game to get a pre-determined result.

rigging the game would be if they allowed newtie to slide with regard to rules everyone else complied with.

11 people sought to get on the ballot, only two did...

I'm actually kind of shocked they let Dr. Paul on the ballot. I guess they had to kind of pretend this was going to be a competitive race.

Again, I find it amusing that the very people who want to let stew-bums registered for cigarettes by ACORN vote are the ones who are now defending the sanctity of a registration process.

11 people sought to get on the ballot, only two did...

I'm actually kind of shocked they let Dr. Paul on the ballot. I guess they had to kind of pretend this was going to be a competitive race.

Again, I find it amusing that the very people who want to let stew-bums registered for cigarettes by ACORN vote are the ones who are now defending the sanctity of a registration process.

I'd laugh at incompetence like this from democratic candidates too. It's fucking hilarious!

Forum List

Back