Ft Hood: What did Obama Know and When did he Know it?

hey frank , you can't have it both ways, the man was in the military for 10 years, late Clinton, all the way through Bush and flags were going up, why didn't the blowhard cowboy catch this wacko, he missed a lot of signs , LOL

He's Obama's wacko now

hey frank , you can't have it both ways, the man was in the military for 10 years, late Clinton, all the way through Bush and flags were going up, why didn't the blowhard cowboy catch this wacko, he missed a lot of signs , LOL

He's Obama's wacko now

Bush was warned that Al Queda determined to attack in the US and the report even warned that planes might be used as weapons.

The FBI didn't try to tell Bush about anything. And what info their was -basically the gleanings of the NSA was that there was some sort of plan involving airplane highjackings. Nothing about them being used as weapons.

To be sure Obama's job isn't to micro mange army personnel. But the fact of the matter is security at military bases in the US has declined on Obama's watch.

The FBI didn't try to tell Bush about anything. And what info their was -basically the gleanings of the NSA was that there was some sort of plan involving airplane highjackings. Nothing about them being used as weapons.

To be sure Obama's job isn't to micro mange army personnel. But the fact of the matter is security at military bases in the US has declined on Obama's watch.

On Bush's watch, and under his massive growth of Government thru the Department of Homeland Security, this guy was actually red flagged, and nothing was done. On BUSH's watch.

Funny people say Obama's doing too much and then out of the other side of their face they say he isn't doing enough. Or they want to blame him for stuff like this? Lame argument.

Remember we told them Bush's terror watch list was too big to be a useful tool? Don't remember that? That is how this guy slipped thru the cracks. There were over 1 million names on that list. If we weren't throwing people like the Dixie Chicks on that list, maybe they would have noticed this guy.

So if you want to make the argument, something should have been done about this guy at least a year ago, on BUSH's watch.

But I'm not stupid enough to blame the Commander and Chief for something small like this. That would be Harry Dresden and Willow and all the other right wing nutbags.

Congressional Committee asking Obama to come clean with the American people on this. It seems "the Obama administration has been withholding “critical information” on the Fort Hood murders allegedly committed by Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan"

Not good.

Intel Committee Republican Says Administration is Withholding Information on Fort Hood Attack, Demands Preservation of Documents for Possible Congressional Probe
Monday, November 09, 2009
By Christopher Neefus

Spc. Ryan Howard of Niles, Mich., right and Spc. David Straub of Ardmore, Okla. wait for news of fellow soldiers while waiting at the gate of the Army base after a shooting at Fort Hood, Texas, Thursday, Nov. 5, 2009. (AP Photo)
(CNSNews.com) – Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-Mich.), the ranking Republican on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said Monday that the Obama administration has been withholding “critical information” on the Fort Hood murders allegedly committed by Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan.

CNSNews.com - Intel Committee Republican Says Administration is Withholding Information on Fort Hood Attack, Demands Preservation of Documents for Possible Congressional Probe

What a fair and objective piece!!! I wanted to know exactly what CNS is so I found out.

"The Cybercast News Service was launched on June 16, 1998 as a news source for individuals, news organizations and broadcasters who put a higher premium on balance than spin and seek news that’s ignored or under-reported as a result of media bias by omission."

So CNS is just a rag that promotes the conservative point of view under the guise of "reporting news that's ignored".

:eusa_boohoo:

So basically it's an oufit that leftist tools are going to hate because they refuse to let shit get swept under the carpet when ever it is convenient for leftist asshats to seep it under the carpet.

Oh and someone please explain to me why two investigations concerning very different aspects of a given case cannot be conducted concurrently?

Congressional Committee asking Obama to come clean with the American people on this. It seems "the Obama administration has been withholding “critical information” on the Fort Hood murders allegedly committed by Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan"

Not good.

Intel Committee Republican Says Administration is Withholding Information on Fort Hood Attack, Demands Preservation of Documents for Possible Congressional Probe
Monday, November 09, 2009
By Christopher Neefus

Spc. Ryan Howard of Niles, Mich., right and Spc. David Straub of Ardmore, Okla. wait for news of fellow soldiers while waiting at the gate of the Army base after a shooting at Fort Hood, Texas, Thursday, Nov. 5, 2009. (AP Photo)
(CNSNews.com) – Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-Mich.), the ranking Republican on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said Monday that the Obama administration has been withholding “critical information” on the Fort Hood murders allegedly committed by Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan.

CNSNews.com - Intel Committee Republican Says Administration is Withholding Information on Fort Hood Attack, Demands Preservation of Documents for Possible Congressional Probe

What a fair and objective piece!!! I wanted to know exactly what CNS is so I found out.

"The Cybercast News Service was launched on June 16, 1998 as a news source for individuals, news organizations and broadcasters who put a higher premium on balance than spin and seek news that’s ignored or under-reported as a result of media bias by omission."

So CNS is just a rag that promotes the conservative point of view under the guise of "reporting news that's ignored".

:eusa_boohoo:

You're missing one word there, liberal bias...

Don't liberals cry about Fox News being nothing more than right wing mouthpiece?

The only reason to entertain this topic is because it makes right wingers look really dumb.

This coming from a buffoon who's name means "stupid" in many Asian languages.

Well think about it. Back when Bush was giving tax breaks for rich people when they took their money overseas. Not enough people cared about that to cost him the 2004 election. Then they screwed up the economy. Then they mismanaged the war and the spending. So on and so one. You didnt care about any of that. Their whole phylosophy was flawed, and you still voted GOP. So don't expect one little stupid thing to get us to stop voting DEM when you let the entire country fall apart and you are still a right winger.

None of these things changed your vote. So don't say "coming from me", because if the Dems suck as bad as the GOP did, you won't catch me voting for them. No I won't vote GOP, but I won't support GOP just because the Dems suck. That would be insane, seeing as how the GOP are in favor of lower wages, outsourcing, hiring illegals, tax breaks to the rich for nothing, breaking unions/labor, etc.

How can you say you are pro labor or middle class or pro American with your attitiude?

Tell me, what do you do for a living? Who do you work for? Chances are, you are one of those people who votes GOP but shouldn't.

Sigh.

Fine, I'll talk about it, for one post.

What the FUCK makes any of you partisan hacks think that it's the duty of the President of the United States to micromanage personel on an individual military base??? Obviously, judging by the OP of this thread and the posts here, that is what you are getting at.

If the man raised red flags, and they were not addressed, the problem was, in all probability, a local command issue.

It is very common in the military to assume that certain people are "slacking", or trying to get out of the military through extroadinary means. If you've been in the military, you'll know exactly what I mean, it's a widespread mindset.

In this particular case, the person in question had previously stated that he would like to get out of the military.

His commanders probably assumed that his entire behavior was just one elaborate act to further this end, and most probably dismissed reports on his behavior, assuring those interested that they should not worry.

However, even if this likely scenario were not the case, the president does not micro-manage the FBI either. If they didn't think the man was a credible threat, then word would certainly not been handed up the line.

Since one must assume the man's behavior had been ongoing since before February, the proclivities of this psychotic asshole would not only have had to have been communicted between branches of intel, but also between appointees of two different administrations.

So it's very, very likely that this situation is just a sad series of events where nobody noticed that this person had clearly gone insane, and he was overlooked.

But of course, some assholes want to make this into some sort of government conspiracy, just like the 9/11 conspiracy theorists wanted to make 9/11 into a government conspiracy.

Meanwhile, a bunch of people are simply trying to mourn the deaths of their loved ones, and their mourning, on this Veteran's Day, is getting overshadowed by a bunch of nasty partisan CRAP.

That is the last thing I am going to say about this. Frankly I am sickened, and I'm going to go have a drink to help me calm down.

It was on his watch. A terror attack. so much for being safe. it's his sworn duty to keep the citizens of the USA safe. He didn't. It has nothing to do with partisanship. He failed. Bush failed. Clinton failed.

How about the black guy who just got executed. He and his younger accomplice were driving around shooting people out of a peep hole in the back of their car.

Yea, that was Bush's fault. How stupid would I sound blaming Bush for their actions? Oh yea, just as dumb as you are now trying to put this one nut on Obama.

The only reason to entertain this topic is because it makes right wingers look really dumb.

Well think about it. Back when Bush was giving tax breaks for rich people when they took their money overseas. Not enough people cared about that to cost him the 2004 election. Then they screwed up the economy. Then they mismanaged the war and the spending. So on and so one. You didnt care about any of that. Their whole phylosophy was flawed, and you still voted GOP. So don't expect one little stupid thing to get us to stop voting DEM when you let the entire country fall apart and you are still a right winger.

None of these things changed your vote. So don't say "coming from me", because if the Dems suck as bad as the GOP did, you won't catch me voting for them. No I won't vote GOP, but I won't support GOP just because the Dems suck. That would be insane, seeing as how the GOP are in favor of lower wages, outsourcing, hiring illegals, tax breaks to the rich for nothing, breaking unions/labor, etc.

How can you say you are pro labor or middle class or pro American with your attitiude?

Tell me, what do you do for a living? Who do you work for? Chances are, you are one of those people who votes GOP but shouldn't.

First of all...history didn't start on January 21, 2001...get that through your thick skull.
Secondly the country was and still is at war.
Third, it's none of your business what I do for a living but suffice it to say that people like me protect your right to spew lies and mistruths via the 1st Amendment.

You seem to be a fricken genius...what's your plan to fix everything?

First of all...history didn't start on January 21, 2001...get that through your thick skull.
Third, it's none of your business what I do for a living but suffice it to say that people like me protect your right to spew lies and mistruths via the 1st Amendment.

Same thing that was done during and after FDR. Do you know FDR was rich and rich people called him a traitor to his class? Don't pretend class warfare isn't going on in this country. In a capitalistic society, there will always be a struggle between poor/middle class and the rich.

Do you know that FDR put bums to work in the CCC during the New Deal? Long story short, every state they went to, people called them communist. Worried about them lowering wages, etc. It worked. We improved infrastructure, etc.

The solution sure isn't capitalism. Its re regulating corporations, fixing trade agreements, strenthening labor laws, etc. In other words, democracy made this country great, not capitalism. Not free trade.

So what do I want to do? Focus on labor/wages/the middle class. Fix NAFTA so it is fair to American workers. Make unions stronger, not weaker. Tariff imports. Start imprisoning illegal employers so they stop hiring illegal employees. Illegals will continue to come as long as they continue to get hired.

Unions brought wages up, but it wasn't unions that brought wages up in the 90's. It was jobs. There were more jobs than there were people. So unions aren't absolutely necessary, but if you notice, as unions do, so do the rest of us.

But ok fine, Toyota workers aren't union, and they are bringing wages up in the states they are in. GREAT! So those people don't need unions. Wages are going up with supply and demand.

But we have shipped too many jobs out of the country, so wages are down because employers aren't hiring. Fix that.

And even though jobs are scarce, Bill Gates is still pushing for more F1 Worker visas. Long story short, they want more foreign labor, not less. We want less, not more. What do you want smarty pants?

You protect my rights? So you are like my cop friend. He's in a union, but doesn't have the same worries as regular union workers like in the Big 3, so he can afford to be arrogant.

If you are military, consider that the GOP don't really support the troops. When you are out of the service, they don't give a fuck about you.

Although it will cost our government more money, I/us liberals believe that service men and women deserve everything we can give them. Pensions, insurance, healthcare, decent wages, etc. Whatever we can give them. I truly support the people who defend our country.

If you had half a brian, you'd realize that not even John McCain gave a rats ass about retired service men and women. They only care when you are in the service, because they want to use you. They don't want to take care of you afterward. I do.

Forum List

Back