Ft Hood: What did Obama Know and When did he Know it?

Why do Islamists feel so free to attack us here at home since the Obama election

Army Recruiter Killed In Attack On Arkansas Office : NPR

Army Recruiter Killed In Attack On Arkansas Office

by The Associated Press

June 1, 2009

A man who "probably had political and religious motives" killed a soldier just out of basic training and wounded another Monday in a targeted attack on a military recruiting center, police said. The shootings were not believed to be part of a broader scheme.

So long as it doesn't involve excusing the killer and the people who saw the signs and ignored them.

No, really, seriously.

"the people who saw the signs and ignored them"??

Shut up.

That would be the ones who were aware of his outspoken support of the enemy, and his glorifying of suicide bombers.

Now you shut the fuck up.

Allie's right,
There wasn't one or two 'hints', Hasan was full bore broadcasting his positions to all who would listen and to many who wouldn't.
That's fact.

You can continue to spout your ridiculous talking points all you want, you're not going to draw me into a discussion about this.

You all need to step back and take a good hard look at the Bullshit that is coming out of your mouths.

Remember how pissed you were at the 9/11 conspiracy theorists? You're doing the EXACT same thing.

You can continue to spout your ridiculous talking points all you want, you're not going to draw me into a discussion about this.

You all need to step back and take a good hard look at the Bullshit that is coming out of your mouths.

Remember how pissed you were at the 9/11 conspiracy theorists? You're doing the EXACT same thing.

we need us a little of that "congressional oversight" you demoncwats are so famous for wanting..... excepting for when it's you we are oversighting.. lordy lordy payback can be hell can't she?

Quite a difference:

Anwar Awlaki's Terrror Ties - ABC News

From Yemen, Anwar Awlaki Helped Inspire Fort Dix, Toronto Plots
Despite Terror Connections, E-mails with Major Hasan Did Not Raise Red Flags

By RICHARD ESPOSITO, REHAB EL-BURI and BRIAN ROSS
Nov. 11, 2009 —

In addition to his contacts with Major Nidal Hasan, the radical American cleric, Anwar al Awlaki, served as an inspiration for men convicted in terror plots in Toronto and Fort Dix, New Jersey, according to government officials and court records reviewed by ABCNews.com.

Despite his ties to other plots, including the one against the Army post at Fort Dix, some 20 e-mails between Awlaki and Major Hasan were dismissed as "innocent" by a military investigator working on the FBI's Joint Terror Task Force in Washington, D.C.

Awlaki left the United States and moved to Yemen in 2002 after questions were raised about his ties to two of the 9/11 hijackers. He established an English-language web site that appears to have thousands of followers around the world. In a post this week on his blog, Awlaki praised Major Hasan as a "hero" and "a man of conscience." He asked, "How can there be any dispute about the virtue of what he has done?"...

Official: Nidal Hasan Had "Unexplained Connections" - ABC News

Senior Official: More Hasan Ties to People Under Investigation by FBI
Alleged Shooter Had "Unexplained Connections" to Others Besides Jihadist Cleric Awlaki

By MARTHA RADDATZ, BRIAN ROSS, MARY-ROSE ABRAHAM, and REHAB EL-BURI
Nov. 10, 2009 —

A senior government official tells ABC News that investigators have found that alleged Fort Hood shooter Nidal Malik Hasan had "more unexplained connections to people being tracked by the FBI" than just radical cleric Anwar al Awlaki. The official declined to name the individuals but Congressional sources said their names and countries of origin were likely to emerge soon.

Questions already surround Major Hasan's contact with Awlaki, a radical cleric based in Yemen whom authorities consider a recruiter for al Qaeda. U.S. officials now confirm Hasan sent as many as 20 e-mails to Awlaki. Authorities intercepted the e-mails but later deemed them innocent or protected by the first amendment.

The FBI said it turned over the information to the Army, but Defense Department officials today denied that. One military investigator on a joint terror task force with the FBI was shown the e-mails, but they were never forwarded in a formal way to more senior officials at the Pentagon, and the Army did not learn of the contacts until after the shootings.

In Texas, an hour before a memorial service for the Fort Hood victims, four FBI agents showed up at the Killeen mosque where Hasan prayed and searched a trash bin outside. The mosque president was clearly upset when he had to return from traveling to the service to sign a document handed to him by agents, apparently authorizing the search.

The FBI would not comment on what the agents were looking for at the mosque a full five days after the shooting, but motivation remains the focus....

we need us a little of that "congressional oversight" you demoncwats are so famous for wanting..... excepting for when it's you we are oversighting.. lordy lordy payback can be hell can't she?

I welcome Congressional oversight ... just as soon as the ongoing investigation is over and Hassan is found guilty and sentenced to death.

Quite a difference:

From Yemen, Anwar Awlaki Helped Inspire Fort Dix, Toronto Plots
Despite Terror Connections, E-mails with Major Hasan Did Not Raise Red Flags

By RICHARD ESPOSITO, REHAB EL-BURI and BRIAN ROSS
Nov. 11, 2009 —

In addition to his contacts with Major Nidal Hasan, the radical American cleric, Anwar al Awlaki, served as an inspiration for men convicted in terror plots in Toronto and Fort Dix, New Jersey, according to government officials and court records reviewed by ABCNews.com.

Despite his ties to other plots, including the one against the Army post at Fort Dix, some 20 e-mails between Awlaki and Major Hasan were dismissed as "innocent" by a military investigator working on the FBI's Joint Terror Task Force in Washington, D.C.

Awlaki left the United States and moved to Yemen in 2002 after questions were raised about his ties to two of the 9/11 hijackers. He established an English-language web site that appears to have thousands of followers around the world. In a post this week on his blog, Awlaki praised Major Hasan as a "hero" and "a man of conscience." He asked, "How can there be any dispute about the virtue of what he has done?"...

Alleged Shooter Had "Unexplained Connections" to Others Besides Jihadist Cleric Awlaki

Nov. 10, 2009 —

A senior government official tells ABC News that investigators have found that alleged Fort Hood shooter Nidal Malik Hasan had "more unexplained connections to people being tracked by the FBI" than just radical cleric Anwar al Awlaki. The official declined to name the individuals but Congressional sources said their names and countries of origin were likely to emerge soon.

Questions already surround Major Hasan's contact with Awlaki, a radical cleric based in Yemen whom authorities consider a recruiter for al Qaeda. U.S. officials now confirm Hasan sent as many as 20 e-mails to Awlaki. Authorities intercepted the e-mails but later deemed them innocent or protected by the first amendment.

The FBI said it turned over the information to the Army, but Defense Department officials today denied that. One military investigator on a joint terror task force with the FBI was shown the e-mails, but they were never forwarded in a formal way to more senior officials at the Pentagon, and the Army did not learn of the contacts until after the shootings.

In Texas, an hour before a memorial service for the Fort Hood victims, four FBI agents showed up at the Killeen mosque where Hasan prayed and searched a trash bin outside. The mosque president was clearly upset when he had to return from traveling to the service to sign a document handed to him by agents, apparently authorizing the search.

The FBI would not comment on what the agents were looking for at the mosque a full five days after the shooting, but motivation remains the focus....

And how is that different from all of the stuff about Bush intentionally not paying attention to leads on 9/11? Hmm?

You are doing exactly the same thing as Michael Moore did. And he is also a fucking asshole.

So, I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Quite a difference:

Nov. 10, 2009 —

And how is that different from all of the stuff about Bush intentionally not paying attention to leads on 9/11? Hmm?

You are doing exactly the same thing as Michael Moore did. And he is also a fucking asshole.

So, I hope you're proud of yourselves.
To say that it's ok that the communication between departments of the government are still dysfunctional 8 years later, is wrong. That is what you seem to be saying.

I welcome Congressional oversight ... just as soon as the ongoing investigation is over and Hassan is found guilty and sentenced to death.

I'm not sure he should die. Having given it some thought I think that super max in colorado would be way more appropriate.. tiny little cell, underground,, I'd keep it extra special dark, isolated,, feed him once a day, shower him once a month,, just the bare necessities..

Sigh.

Fine, I'll talk about it, for one post.

What the FUCK makes any of you partisan hacks think that it's the duty of the President of the United States to micromanage personel on an individual military base??? Obviously, judging by the OP of this thread and the posts here, that is what you are getting at.

If the man raised red flags, and they were not addressed, the problem was, in all probability, a local command issue.

It is very common in the military to assume that certain people are "slacking", or trying to get out of the military through extroadinary means. If you've been in the military, you'll know exactly what I mean, it's a widespread mindset.

In this particular case, the person in question had previously stated that he would like to get out of the military.

His commanders probably assumed that his entire behavior was just one elaborate act to further this end, and most probably dismissed reports on his behavior, assuring those interested that they should not worry.

However, even if this likely scenario were not the case, the president does not micro-manage the FBI either. If they didn't think the man was a credible threat, then word would certainly not been handed up the line.

Since one must assume the man's behavior had been ongoing since before February, the proclivities of this psychotic asshole would not only have had to have been communicted between branches of intel, but also between appointees of two different administrations.

So it's very, very likely that this situation is just a sad series of events where nobody noticed that this person had clearly gone insane, and he was overlooked.

But of course, some assholes want to make this into some sort of government conspiracy, just like the 9/11 conspiracy theorists wanted to make 9/11 into a government conspiracy.

Meanwhile, a bunch of people are simply trying to mourn the deaths of their loved ones, and their mourning, on this Veteran's Day, is getting overshadowed by a bunch of nasty partisan CRAP.

That is the last thing I am going to say about this. Frankly I am sickened, and I'm going to go have a drink to help me calm down.

Last edited:
Sigh.

What the FUCK makes any of you partisan hacks think that it's the duty of the President of the United States to micromanage personel on an individual military base??? Obviously, judging by the OP of this thread and the posts here, that is what you are getting at.

If the man raised red flags, and they were not addressed, the problem was, in all probability, a local command issue.

It is very common in the military to assume that certain people are "slacking", or trying to get out of the military through extroadinary means. If you've been in the military, you'll know exactly what I mean, it's a widespread mindset.

In this particular case, the person in question had previously stated that he would like to get out of the military.

His commanders probably assumed that his entire behavior was just one elaborate act to further this end, and most probably dismissed reports on his behavior, assuring those interested that they should not worry.

However, even if this likely scenario were not the case, the president does not micro-manage the FBI either. If they didn't think the man was a credible threat, then word would certainly not been handed up the line.

Since one must assume the man's behavior had been ongoing since before February, the proclivities of this psychotic asshole would not only have had to have been communicted between branches of intel, but also between appointees of two different administrations.

So it's very, very likely that this situation is just a sad series of events where nobody noticed that this person had clearly gone insane, and he was overlooked.

But of course, some assholes want to make this into some sort of government conspiracy, just like the 9/11 conspiracy theorists wanted to make 9/11 into a government conspiracy.

Meanwhile, a bunch of people are simply trying to mourn the deaths of their loved ones, and their mourning, on this Veteran's Day, is getting overshadowed by a bunch of nasty partisan CRAP.

That is the last thing I am going to say about this. Frankly I am sickened, and I'm going to go have a drink to help me calm down.

It was on his watch. A terror attack. so much for being safe. it's his sworn duty to keep the citizens of the USA safe. He didn't. It has nothing to do with partisanship. He failed. Bush failed. Clinton failed.

Sigh.

I for one do not think it was Obama's call. However as the President he does 'set the tone'. So far from all public pronouncements his tone is like that of GW, "Islam is a religion of peace." Which may certainly be the case with 95% of even more, but there is a serious problem with the literal koran, orthodox believers. It's those small numbers that the executive branch folks need to focus on. Seems they did pick up his communications, yet they failed to actually execute the information gleaned. That is failure of the executive branch.

yea yea, they knew about this wACKO 2 YEARS AGO, WHY DID'NT BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH TORTURE SOMEONE INTO SPILLING THE BEANS ?

yea yea, they knew about this wACKO 2 YEARS AGO, WHY DID'NT BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH TORTURE SOMEONE INTO SPILLING THE BEANS ?

If Al Qaeda isn't free to commit mass murder, are any of us truly free?

hey frank , you can't have it both ways, the man was in the military for 10 years, late Clinton, all the way through Bush and flags were going up, why didn't the blowhard cowboy catch this wacko, he missed a lot of signs , LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back