Frostbite: The Dragon

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a modernism-parable inspired by the film Reign of Fire.

Cheers,

====

The world was driven my mobility, traffic, and transit. People cared about eTrade, the Eurorail, Speed Racer, and the symbolic legacy of the Pony Express. However, mass industry and industrialization had created all kinds of manmade eco-pollution, which led to the ecosystem degradation on Earth and climate-system fluctuations (i.e., global warming). Winters were colder, summers were hotter, spring and autumn were more unpredictable. Scientists now worried about the onset of a new 'manmade Ice Age.'

Out of this 'cauldron' of man's bubbling vanities emerged the Dragon, a terrible beast of pure vertigo and fear. the Dragon was comprised entirely of ice and could freeze anyone who gazed upon its awesome presence. The Dragon was flying invisibly across the Earth and looking down upon civilization and evaluating humanity's 'moral frostbite.' The Dragon believed that global warming would yield unbearably cold winters for animals and the homeless. Creatures/men across the Earth would endure the agony of unending frostbite!

There was a knight who wanted to challenge the authority of the great Dragon. This knight was appointed by God. The knight's name was Alas, and God visited him in a dream and told him about the Dragon. Alas was equally great with the sword and with his own wits, which is why he was 'recruited.' Alas was charged with the special/sacred mission of shutting the Dragon's poisonous influence once-and-for-all. Alas knew he could not wrestle with such an elusive and mighty (and large!) creature. He'd have to find a way to swing 'upon' its symbolic head and dismember its 'conspirator's tongue.' Alas wanted to defend humanity's faith in the future (and hopefully conclude that such idealism was indeed justified).

ALAS: Earth should be defended...
DRAGON: Really? Man is ruining the Earth.
ALAS: We need creative solutions, not more devastation!
DRAGON: Punishment is the best education-tool.
ALAS: There's a difference between sternness and cruelty.
DRAGON: What you call cruelty I call simple 'medicine.'
ALAS: If you freeze men's hearts, creativity is forgotten.
DRAGON: Does not God wish to rule with authority (and might)?
ALAS: God also seeks reconciliation and favors charity...
DRAGON: Man will bring an unnatural Ice Age; frostbite will be the rule!
ALAS: To 'cure' the problem of mass-frostbite, we must cater to teamwork.
DRAGON: I have decided to change my name to Frostbite, for industry is not warm.
ALAS: We must light the lamp of humility.
DRAGON: Where is the humility in deformed ice-lakes in Alaska?
ALAS: Since you can not 'cure' apathy, you must disappear.
DRAGON: Farewell then good knight (and good luck!).

====

ice-dragon.jpg

Forum List

Back