From the ROP in Australia

Larkinn, to assume that only a.001% muslims are terrorists is absurd. This hatred of america is taugh in madrassas all over the world including the u.s., while i would agree its not all of them, it is just as silly to say virtually none of them. In wwII, when we spoke of nazi's , did we ever say, not all germans were nazi's, no because we didnt need to be politically correct, and youre wrong sir, and attack on our ally, is an attack on us, because hazbollah wants to kill americans, any islamo-nazi group, has the same ideology, kill non muslims, including america. The problem with your thinking is, before 9/11 the u.s. did nothing to help our allies like israel, and other nations deal with terrorism, and look what happened. We cannot afford to ignore even one terrorist group any longer, now, i dont know if you believe hezbollah killed 241 americans, but if you dont , you are wrong, and while maybe hezbollah should be 2nd on our list, and splinter groups, possibly not ahead of al queda, they all must be taken out. Every last one of them, and we must never end the war on terrorism, because terrorism doesnt end, its like cancer, once you become complacent, and believe its gone, it comes back, and kills you.

It does not imply that at all. I was talking about Muslims, not "militant Islamic jihadists". Please don't conflate the two, as they are very very different.

Did you miss the part where I said I was willing to give, for the sake of argument, that Muslims were responsible for all acts of terrorism? But again...please don't conflate militant Islamic fundamentalists with Muslims.

I will post my main point for you again Gunny.

That all terrorists are Muslims does NOT mean that all Muslims are terrorists. Hence my point in saying the number of Muslims there are in this world when someone says that we should suspect all Muslims based on the actions of less than .001%

Larkinn, to assume that only a.001% muslims are terrorists is absurd. This hatred of america is taugh in madrassas all over the world including the u.s., while i would agree its not all of them, it is just as silly to say virtually none of them. In wwII, when we spoke of nazi's , did we ever say, not all germans were nazi's, no because we didnt need to be politically correct, and youre wrong sir, and attack on our ally, is an attack on us, because hazbollah wants to kill americans, any islamo-nazi group, has the same ideology, kill non muslims, including america. The problem with your thinking is, before 9/11 the u.s. did nothing to help our allies like israel, and other nations deal with terrorism, and look what happened. We cannot afford to ignore even one terrorist group any longer, now, i dont know if you believe hezbollah killed 241 americans, but if you dont , you are wrong, and while maybe hezbollah should be 2nd on our list, and splinter groups, possibly not ahead of al queda, they all must be taken out. Every last one of them, and we must never end the war on terrorism, because terrorism doesnt end, its like cancer, once you become complacent, and believe its gone, it comes back, and kills you.

Larkinn, to assume that only a.001% muslims are terrorists is absurd. This hatred of america is taugh in madrassas all over the world including the u.s., while i would agree its not all of them, it is just as silly to say virtually none of them.

Hatred of america, and becoming a terrorist are two different things.

I would guess a substantial plurality of the arab world hates america's foreign policy, and our support for autocratic arab regimes in egypt, the arabian peninsula and elsewhere. One can certainly hate a foreign power's policies, without taking the additional step of wanting to blow them up.

I would say that there are a lot of arabs who agree with the goals of al qaeda, if not neccessarily their methods.

Our own military and intelligence agencies estimate there are only a few thousand foreign fighters in Iraq. I would think that if more than a tiny, tiny, fraction of arabs and muslims wanted to kill americans, there would be more of them in iraq.

are you joking larkinn?, what did you expect hezbollah to say, we demand are day in court. Im sorry, but how in the world, with all the evidence out there can you NOT be sure, or think hezbollah did not kill 241 marines?

It was a civil case, with only one side presented. It is quite easy to tar Hezbollah with a negative brush, this just is a foolish way to attempt to do it.

Larkinn, to assume that only a.001% muslims are terrorists is absurd. This hatred of america is taugh in madrassas all over the world including the u.s., while i would agree its not all of them, it is just as silly to say virtually none of them.

Hatred of america, and becoming a terrorist are two different things.

I would guess a substantial plurality of the arab world hates america's foreign policy, and our support for autocratic arab regimes in egypt, the arabian peninsula and elsewhere. One can certainly hate a foreign power's policies, without taking the additional step of wanting to blow them up.

I would say that there are a lot of arabs who agree with the goals of al qaeda, if not neccessarily their methods.

Our own military and intelligence agencies estimate there are only a few thousand foreign fighters in Iraq. I would think that if more than a tiny, tiny, fraction of arabs and muslims wanted to kill americans, there would be more of them in iraq.

I agree with most of what you said except, im not so sure the foreign fighters are in other countries, remember al queda is global, and wont put all their eggs in one basket.

I agree with most of what you said except, im not so sure the foreign fighters are in other countries, remember al queda is global, and wont put all their eggs in one basket.

I seriously doubt the al qaeda and affiliated international jihaddist groups have more than a few thousand people willing to blow themselves up, or attack civilian targets.

But, I don't doubt that there are millions of muslims who agree with the goals of al qaeda, if not neccessarily with their methods...like I said before. I mean, even the leader of Hezbollah condemned the attack on the world trade center, and the beheading of Nick Berg.

May i have a link on that please?

I seriously doubt the al qaeda and affiliated international jihaddist groups have more than a few thousand people willing to blow themselves up, or attack civilian targets.

But, I don't doubt that there are millions of muslims who agree with the goals of al qaeda, if not neccessarily with their methods...like I said before. I mean, even the leader of Hezbollah condemned the attack on the world trade center, and the beheading of Nick Berg.

It's a simple statement of fact, that the shia militia in lebanon were pissed that we were on their soil. Gotta problem with facts? Do you think that truck bomber of the marine barracks was coming over for a friendly game of tiddly winks?

Please, we need to calm down, and stop looking for imaginary monsters under the bed. Hezbollah hasn't been a threat to the united states since the marines left in 1985. Hezbollah is a problem for israel. Their goals are regional. There's not a shred of evidence that hezbollah ever has intended to attack cities in the united states. They haven't killed an american in twenty years.

We need to stop running around like chickens with our heads cut off, and seeing enemies everywhere. If we want to be smart, we'll focus on the muslims that really do intend to do us harm. Its a waste of resource to go chasing after groups that pose no direct threat to the american homeland.
Your assertion that Hezbollah is not a threat to Americans is false. Hezbollah killed Americans five months ago in Karbala, Iraq.

Hezbollah Said to Help Shiite Army in Iraq

complete article: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/28/w...d3cce73159f213&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

WASHINGTON, Nov. 27 — A senior American intelligence official said Monday that the Iranian-backed group Hezbollah had been training members of the Mahdi Army, the Iraqi Shiite militia led by Moktada al-Sadr.

The official said that 1,000 to 2,000 fighters from the Mahdi Army and other Shiite militias had been trained by Hezbollah in Lebanon. A small number of Hezbollah operatives have also visited Iraq to help with training, the official said.

Iran has facilitated the link between Hezbollah and the Shiite militias in Iraq, the official said. Syrian officials have also cooperated, though there is debate about whether it has the blessing of the senior leaders in Syria.

Hezbollah found in Iraq

complete article: http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2007/07/02/report_hezbollah_found_in_iraq/8321/

BAGHDAD, July 2 (UPI) -- A special operations officer from the Iranian-backed Hezbollah in Lebanon has been linked to a January attack that killed five Americans in Iraq, CNN said.

Ali Mussa Daqduq -- an explosives expert who U.S. officials say played a key role in the Jan. 20 attack in Karbala -- was captured in March in the southern Iraqi city of Basra, CNN reported. U.S. intelligence officials told CNN Daqduq was helping train and lead Shiite militias fighting coalition troops.

Daqduq feigned deafness when he was caught, and it took weeks to establish his identity, officials told CNN. However, once his identity was known, he began to talk.

Forum List

Back