From the outside looking in the response to Sandy doesn't look any different than

The response to Katrina. Just watching the news makes me so thankful I don't live along the coasts.

Obama seems as absent as Bush was. Determining if that's a bad thing or not is up to the eye of the beholder.

Grampa

Why don't you just admit that Obama did an outstanding job during the crisis?

Most Americans already have

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2012/10/Sandy-response.jpg

78% Positive
16% Negative

Even Republicans are saying he did a good job

LMFAO, The Republicans can actually tell the truth.What a refreshing change!

Yeah the video of the gas lines is insane. Not to mention the violence that forced police to now have to sit at the functioning stations.

A few points:

1- Obama should follow the Constitution, and not aid the state. The federal govt only has authority to have a military, not to aid local public safety. At least that what TP'ers have said in the past when it was brought up that the Feds should aid cities that are hurting financially.

2- Cops shouldn't be at those gas stations. The people of America can survive and thrive on their own, without gubermint help. All the far right wingers have said "I can protect myself" and thus stated no need for government. Cops should let those in the gas lines be self sufficient and take care of themselves, not waste my tax dollar babysitting.

Correct?

Wow.....Total misunderstanding of Constitutional powers and the role of Government

Where would we be without TeaTards?

getting high.

The response to Katrina. Just watching the news makes me so thankful I don't live along the coasts.

Obama seems as absent as Bush was. Determining if that's a bad thing or not is up to the eye of the beholder.

that doesn't even begin to be rational....

the spin coming from your side of the aisle...and the wishful thinking that we're not doing ok...is kind of wicked. if you want to know the truth.

I only know what I see on tv. I don't live there. As far as spin, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I've always believed you have no idea what you're 'talking' about. You start with a bias and somehow spew out comments unrelated to reality. You must know most of us posting on this message board were alive and alert during Katrina, so your effort to rewrite history is ridiculous when it conflicts with what we saw as a current event.

As I said on another board dealing with the aftermath of a major disaster is a slow and painful process it does not matter if the President is a Democrat or Republican.

Grampa

78% Positive
16% Negative

Because the REAL work has now begun and what is Obama doing?

Of course it doesn't - it ISN'T any different; complete with Staten Island claiming Obama is letting them die.

{Across storm-ravaged Staten Island, frustrations are mounting. One resident there told CBS station WCBS, "We're gonna die! We're gonna freeze! We've got 90-year-old people!"

Residents are outraged, claiming their community has been ignored in the days following Sandy while aid pours into other parts of New York and New Jersey. Natvel Pritchard, of Staten Island, said, "Though people don't talk about Staten Island much, people are here, a lot of people are hurting, so it's upsetting."}

Staten Island Sandy victims: We're being ignored - CBS News

And just like Katrina, this is utter bullshit. Obama is doing what he's supposed to do, as did Bush.

The difference is simply the party press, who engaged in shameful demagoguery during Katrina.

I do not recall military transports flying in utility trucks and crews during Katrina?

That's because you're a mindless, partisan hack.

Katrina.jpg

Of course it doesn't - it ISN'T any different; complete with Staten Island claiming Obama is letting them die.

{Across storm-ravaged Staten Island, frustrations are mounting. One resident there told CBS station WCBS, "We're gonna die! We're gonna freeze! We've got 90-year-old people!"

Residents are outraged, claiming their community has been ignored in the days following Sandy while aid pours into other parts of New York and New Jersey. Natvel Pritchard, of Staten Island, said, "Though people don't talk about Staten Island much, people are here, a lot of people are hurting, so it's upsetting."}

Staten Island Sandy victims: We're being ignored - CBS News

And just like Katrina, this is utter bullshit. Obama is doing what he's supposed to do, as did Bush.

The difference is simply the party press, who engaged in shameful demagoguery during Katrina.

That was basically my point. As I said the perception is in the eye of the onlooker.

Grampa

78% Positive
16% Negative

Why not just admit that Obama did a great job. It will give you some personal credibility to admit that the President does some things right. I was able to congratulate Bush once and a while. You don't have to be Rush Limbaugh with all hate...all the time

Grampa

78% Positive
16% Negative

Why not just admit that Obama did a great job. It will give you some personal credibility to admit that the President does some things right. I was able to congratulate Bush once and a while. You don't have to be Rush Limbaugh with all hate...all the time

Oh fuck off with your fake bullshit. I have a thread floating around where I gave both Obama and Romney credit for handling the first couple days properly.

Why not just admit that the only difference in response to Katrina and Sandy is the response by the party press?

And the phrase is "once IN AWHILE."

Oh fuck off with your fake bullshit. I have a thread floating around where I gave both Obama and Romney credit for handling the first couple days properly.

On record I will state that Obama handled Sandy just fine.

But the fact is that Bush handled Katrina just fine as well. The demagogues of the party press are the only real difference.

Funny how I'm accused of being a Rushbot all the time. I maybe hear 2 or 3 hours a month of his program. I bet many lefties here listen to him FAR MORE than I

On record I will state that Obama handled Sandy just fine.

But the fact is that Bush handled Katrina just fine as well. The demagogues of the party press are the only real difference.

I'm just giving these hacks back what they've been dishing out for years now. Give and you shall receive

that doesn't even begin to be rational....

the spin coming from your side of the aisle...and the wishful thinking that we're not doing ok...is kind of wicked. if you want to know the truth.

Why don't you educate us by doing a timeline of the response after Katrina and the response now. we might learn something.

Grampa

78% Positive
16% Negative

Strange, most Americans said the same thing about Bush until someone spread the lie that the Superbowl was a lawless area that even police wouldn't go into. The simple fact that all any president can do is posture after a disaster, his job is to let people that actually know what they are doing run the relief efforts. I would give Obama, and Bush, a lot more credit if they didn't pretend they know what they are doing. I thought Obama's promise to use C-130s to fly in trucks was particularly moronic, whoever is actually in charge is using C-5s.

As I said on another board dealing with the aftermath of a major disaster is a slow and painful process it does not matter if the President is a Democrat or Republican.

One of the few honest statements in this thread.

Forum List

Back