Fresh Asparagus!

When I used to work at TGI Fridays we had either deep fried or sauteed artichoke hearts....that was a first for me too, not bad at all! (ya dipped them in the melted butter)

I like fried okra..the canned kind. You take a can of sliced (crossways, not lengthways) of okra, drain off most of the liquid, dump in a bowl, dump some flour/cornmeal/parmesan cheese on top, mix it up, dump into med high skillet with a lot of hot oil in it...

Mmmm..

It seems all my fave veggies serve as a vehicle for various combinations of breading and/or fat.

I must ponder this.

When I used to work at TGI Fridays we had either deep fried or sauteed artichoke hearts....that was a first for me too, not bad at all! (ya dipped them in the melted butter)

Doesn't 'deep fried' kill the benefits of veggies? :eek: But certainly improves the taste!

Doesn't 'deep fried' kill the benefits of veggies? :eek: But certainly improves the taste!

LOL!

Yeah, but here in Indiana we even deep fry snickers bars and twinkies at the State Fair!

Yee Haw!

ya know, I like pretty much every vegetable... but asparagus don't rock me... unless they're really thin baby asparagus, then they're ok.

i love brussels sprouts, though. :)

You are the odd one. :lol:

steamed asparagus makes a great add to a grilled cheese sandwich.
especially if you use muenster cheese and some white pepper.

Yum, except take away the muenster cheese, add provolone, and spicy mustard!

Forum List

Back