French Give Arafat as born in Jerusalem

ajwps

Nov 7, 2003
Houston, TX
Arafat born in Egypt has his death certificate in France changed to Jerusalem. The French government is unbiased.

Israeli ambassador criticises France over Arafat death certificate
Fri Nov 26, 6:43 AM ET Mideast - AFP

MONTPELLIER, France (AFP) - The Israeli ambassador has criticised the French government for issuing a death certificate for Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) stating his place of birth as Jerusalem.

"I cannot understand how the French government agreed to issue a death certificate based on false information," ambassador Nissim Zvili told a press conference in Montpellier.

Municipal officials at Clamart, the suburb of Paris where Arafat died on November 11, said they issued the document on the basis of a family record book itself issued by the French foreign ministry in 1996.

The issue is symbolically important because Israel considers Jerusalem as its eternal capital, while Palestinians want to make east Jerusalem, occupied by the Jewish state since 1967, the capital of their promised state.

Arafat was born Mohammed Abdel-Rawf Arafat al-Qudwa al-Hussaini, on August 4, 1929.

The official version of his life history records he was born in Jerusalem. However numerous biographers agree that he was born in Cairo, where his Gaza-born father owned a business.

Egypt hosted Arafat's funeral with full military honours.

The 75-year-old veteran of the Palestinian drive for statehood died after nearly two weeks of treatment in a French military hospital at Clamart.

He was airlifted there from his Ramallah, West Bank base on October 29.

French officials, citing privacy laws, still refuse to reveal the precise cause of death or the nature of his condition, leading to rumours -- strongly denied by Palestinian officials -- of poisoning.

Zvili said the affair was "very badly perceived in Israel", adding that those responsible for issuing the "false document" could be subject to a legal process.

"I don't understand how when Arafat arrived in France he had been born in Cairo and when he left France he had been born in Jerusalem," he said.

He also dismissed speculation that Arafat had been poisoned.

"There was a poisoning, but it wasn't of Arafat, but of public opinion in France, in Arab countries and among the Palestinian people," he said.

Finally he said that Washington's involvement in the Middle East peace process was "indispensable", while Europe's was "important, welcome but not indispensable".

Zvili was taking part in a round table discussion on Israel in Montpellier.

Earlier this month he said that a growing number of members of the Jewish community in France are questioning their whole future in the country amid a rise in anti-Semitism.

"The phenomenon of anti-Semitism in France has reached worrying proportions. There have been lots of attacks against Jews, against people and their possessions, and fear is becoming deep-rooted in the Jewish community," he said.

Between 2,000-2,500 Jews were now leaving France each year for Israel, the ambassador added.

The Jewish community in France numbers around 700,000, the largest within the European Union.

dilloduck said:
It's good they have a safe place to go to !

Yep if France is ever overrun by Mulims, the French people can always be safe in French Indochina. Their place of origin.

ajwps said:
Yep if France is ever overrun by Mulims, the French people can always be safe in French Indochina. Their place of origin.
:rotflmao:
So true. I forgot the jews own France too!

dilloduck said:
:rotflmao:
So true. I forgot the jews own France too!

Actually the Jewish people own the entire Milky Way Galaxy. As said so eloquently by the recently deposed Malasian leader, the Jews rule the universe by proxy.

As such, you and the rest of humanity will be charged an equitable fee for your continued existence on OUR possession level of the non-material holographic paradigm in which we allow you to fester.

Ergo, you and the rest of the non-Jewish homosapiens will be receiving a bill in the near future which is proportional to the space, time and physical material you use in our galaxy.

AJ Posted:
"Palestinians want to make east Jerusalem, occupied by the Jewish state since 1967, the capital of their promised state."

The Palestinians consider Israel their promissed land ?! Is this more so that Islam considers the entire planet to be it's promissed land ?! I know when the Jews where promissed Israel by God (weather you choose to believe it or not, is another matter), but when where the palestinians promissed East Jerusalem ?

Dilloduck posted :
"So true. I forgot the jews own France too!"

How ironic this statement is for 3 reasons:

1) I could say the same about Islam and make the argument a hundred times more convincing. Not too many mosques being burned and desecrated in France as far as I know. This "Jews own this and that" is ridiculous. Where's my cut ?! But I do understand why you made the comment. Regarding France or Germany, my statement regarding Islam is far more appropriate and factual.

2) Sharon just finished telling French Jews to run for their lives ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3904943.stm ) .. and he is right. Between the Dreyfus affair and the Vichy goverment, the French have a ton to answer for regarding their views and actions towards Jews. More importantly, their equal protection of Jews, which they have not at all focused on. So the Jews don't want France, or Cairo Amman and Damascus, all of which they could have had and probably still could. It would be interesting to see a merkava rolling down the Champs Eelise.

3) You live in the US, the land that coined the phrase "manifest destiny". How can you live in Texas of all places and imply that Israel is in any way a land hog ?! Remember the Alamo ?!

Just my opinion. Peace

Forum List

Back