Zone1 Freedoms and Liberties

Free people are not serfs and you aren't their lord. You don't get to tell free people what they can read or not. They will read whatever they want to read whether you like it or not.
Common sense tells your fanaticismto take a hike.You have no freedom in the US.
You live in a surveillnce society where neighbours are paid to spy on those people next door.
You have no privacy either as the state owns your medical records.
These are measures that hitler could only dream of.

These things are more important than your "right" to make a bomb and blow up people.

It never fails that people who either support fascism or oppose civil liberties will invoke some variation of "common sense".

----------------------------------------------------------

I guess you were just posting random gibberish??
Or people who dont like the idea of a bomb factory next door.

Our military needs to drop bombs on objectionable foreigners, so bombs do have to be built somewhere.

Zoning regulations typically prevent industry from being located in residential areas.
Mate that is a pathetic response to a serious point. Your army are not using any bombs made in a kitchen.

Given shoplifting a Twinkie is a Class A misdemeanor in the most stringent of locales, it is highly doubtful someone will get life in prison.
Believe it or not a crime that would get you 2 years or less pre 3 strikes could and did get people 25 to life.

Why do you need to learn how to build a bomb ?
Doesnt this enable the crazy guy to kill a lot of people ?
This is the perfect example.

you people say you are free and have liberties.

But you can be arrested for simply reading a book
You can be arrested because you don;t have an acceptable reason for carrying a 2 in pocket knife with a locking blade

You are so brainwashed you do not realize that you are not free.

This is the perfect example.

you people say you are free and have liberties.

But you can be arrested for simply reading a book
You can be arrested because you don;t have an acceptable reason for carrying a 2 in pocket knife with a locking blade

You are so brainwashed you do not realize that you are not free.
You can be arrested on the word of a neighbour and your medical records are the property of the state who will arrest you for getting the wrong drugs.

No in the US. You have lost the right to privacy and to decide for your own body. Its on all the news.
You don't seem to understand that abortion is not banned and that it will still be legal in at least half of the states.

You can't read certain books without going to jail anywhere on your little overcrowded island

You don't seem to understand that abortion is not banned and that it will still be legal in at least half of the states.

You can't read certain books without going to jail anywhere on your little overcrowded island
You have no right to privacy and you can do whet you want with your body. That is intolerable. Not being able to buy a make your own bomb book is trivial in comparison.

But rights are under threat across the world. We can agree on that.

In fact the more I think about it. This recent decision means that Americans have less rights than any other Western country.

How have you let it get to this ?

Blues Man was this the guy that was jailed for reading a book?

Almost jailed for reading a book in the park​

renderTimingPixel.png

r/entitledparents

Posted by
u/someenglishguy111
3 years ago

Almost jailed for reading a book in the park​

M
renderTimingPixel.png

Be warned, this is wordy. No idea why I have to warn people about this but folk here seem to get upset if there's a third paragraph.
As always, a little preface to set the scene.
While the city I live in is a little ... um ... rammed to the gills with peasants, students, chavs and other NPC's there are some really nice little parks in the city (Nottingham for anyone as cares).
On this particular bright and sunny spring day (late May) I had decided to go and sit under a tree, read my book and enjoy some sunshine, a sadly lacking commodity in the UK).
The Cast
EM, Entitled Mother. BP, Baffled Policeman. Me, Almost certainly not a pirate badger looking for Salamandastron.
(This is all paraphrased as it was a couple of years ago)
EM: What the fuck are you doing?
Me: wait, what? (witty, right)
EM: you can't fucking be here. (the EM's in this city lack a certain ... class)
Me: In the park?
EM: this is the children's play area, you HAVE to leave!
Me: huh? (I was enjoying my book so my usual rapier wit was somewhat absent)
I look over and sure enough there was a children's play area about twenty feet away, railed off and full of the usual kit with a couple of knob-goblins charging around yelling at each other.
Me - goes back to my book
EM starts screeching, but, unusually for the breed, doesn't attempt to steal my kindle.
(Thinking back it may be because I'm a shaven headed adult with a forked beard and upper body muscles that can be seen through my clothes; Physio got me bulked)
Em wanders off.
I figure all is done and I try to get back in to my book.
I think everyone on this sub knows that NO EM just wanders off when thwarted.
Sure enough this psycho comes back with an actual fucking police officer!
BP: excuse me sir, I need to speak with you about some very serious accusations this lady has made
Me: huh? (It was a really good book and I was distracted)
BP: This lady says that you were talking to her children and taking photos of them and asking them to go with you
Me: Wait, fucking what????
Allow me to elucidate, I work in film and tv. An accusation like this, even just a charge sheet could end my career and everything I've spent years working for.
I am ice cold with panic.
My heart is, despite the odds, somehow not beating AND beating like that of a hummingbird on crack.
Then my brain kicks in.
And I start laughing.
EM: Screeches gibberish
BP: Sir, this isn't a laughing matter, it's very serious.
Me: um, exactly how was I taking these pictures?
EM: He was following them around with his phone!!
And this is why I was laughing, my phone was in for repairs, the only phone I had with me was a £15 pebble flip phone that litteraly didn't have a camera. It called, texted and that was it.
Me: Here you go officer (handed over the phone) feel free to check out my phone. That has no camera.
EM: WAIT!! I meant his tablet, he was using his tablet-thingy!!!!
Now I'm laughing harder because this was a few months after the first gen Kindle Fire had dropped. For them of you as don't know, also no fucking camera.
Me: Please officer, feel free to check this also. Note lack of camera.
Bp: So, you don't have a camera?
Me: nope, I was just sitting here reading a book when this nutter started screeching at me about her kids. Um, Which she's left by themselves for the last forty minutes, just FYI.
So, cop drags screeching EM away, I tried to go back to my book but the day was ruined.
I wish there was a better conclusion for y'all but she wasn't ever punished as far as I know (caution for wasting police time but that's nothing) and I no longer go to that park because I don't feel comfortable there.

TL:DR - EM tries to end my career and get me arrested for being a pedo and photographing her children on a day I could prove I literally wasn't carrying any device that could do that.
Edit: Holy crap guys, 2k votes?? Guess I'll keep posting.

Forum List

Back