"Freedom Watch" calls the President a criminal for killing Bin Laden

So have a variety of international law professors around the world. So?

I really could care less how he died. He deserved death and got it. A trial would have been a farce. Fuck anyone that whines about it.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I think everyone will be more-than-happy to let you go first.....but, The DICK; Armey does seem to have his limits....

2009-10-21-mjg-armey1jpg-f97dfa14805a7b00_large.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

This man needs to be fired.

Why? Because he dared question the legality of the hit? He's not the only one.

It wasn't a "hit" or an execution or an assassination.

Our military is not full of hitmen, executioners, or assassins.

Bin Laden was the ultimate combatant in an asymmetric war. As such, he was killed in his living room in front of his family by covert operations. That doesn't change the fact that he was a combatant.

I am so glad to see Obama, Clinton, and the left come around to the notion that Al Qaeda is a military threat and not a law enforcement problem. I am so glad that our President correctly eliminated Bin Laden as a combatant instead of arresting him and serving justice through a criminal trial.

:clap2:

He is an ass, but he's also a brilliant legal mind. If he says it was an illegal act, it more than likely was. But who cares? Is Interpol going to come arrest a sitting US President and serve him up to the World Court?

And of course you are correct that what he said is protected by the First Amendment. I don't personally think people should be voicing the opinion that our President acted illegally, no matter which party they are from, but I fully recognize their right to do so.

He is in fact protected by the first amendment, from prosecution. However, nothing in the Constitution prevents people from complaining, loudly, to the person's employer, and nothing in the Constitution prevents said employer from firing said employee.

I also have a right to free speech, and I'm using it to express my opinion that this jackass should be fired.

And I would not advocate taking your right away. But then it logically follows that we have the right to make fun of you for thinking a guy should be fired for expressing his views.

Personally, I think we should make allowances for you though in light of the fact that MSNBC has trained you to believe that dissenting voices should be culled.

:rolleyes:

So have a variety of international law professors around the world. So?

I really could care less how he died. He deserved death and got it. A trial would have been a farce. Fuck anyone that whines about it.

I agree. I support the President 100% on this. We did the right thing, absolutely. But... was it legal under international law? Probably not.

Try, again, Bubblehead.​

Bin Laden was the ultimate combatant in an asymmetric war. As such, he was killed in his living room in front of his family by covert operations. That doesn't change the fact that he was a combatant.

I am so glad to see Obama, Clinton, and the left come around to the notion that Al Qaeda is a military threat and not a law enforcement problem. I am so glad that our President correctly eliminated Bin Laden as a combatant instead of arresting him and serving justice through a criminal trial.

He was killed because that was the decision of the guys on the ground, not because he was ordered to be killed. If they had captured him alive there would be trial and you guys would be whining about that.

You see how goofy this is? It's basically a catch-22. Once those guys got on the ground, the mission was on and command and control left the White House and went to the guys going room to room. That's how it works.

People are simultaneously whining about Obama acting like he pulled the trigger and that Obama was so involved that he actually was dictating orders to the guys going from room to room.

That's how fucking retarded this is. Even the President didn't have control of the situation when the battle was on. Just like a General is no longer really in charge of a platoon when they are in the middle of an ambush. The situation on the ground develops as it develops and the military reacts to it as best as they can.

This man needs to be fired.

What you say is true, however if rumors that they had him in custody and then shot him are true, that certainly would seem to be an illegal execution.

But I reiterate, who cares. We tortured people for the information leading to him , then we whacked him. Who is going to do anything about it?

He was killed because that was the decision of the guys on the ground, not because he was ordered to be killed. If they had captured him alive there would be trial and you guys would be whining about that.

You see how goofy this is? It's basically a catch-22. Once those guys got on the ground, the mission was on and command and control left the White House and went to the guys going room to room. That's how it works.

People are simultaneously whining about Obama acting like he pulled the trigger and that Obama was so involved that he actually was dictating orders to the guys going from room to room.

That's how fucking retarded this is. Even the President didn't have control of the situation when the battle was on. Just like a General is no longer really in charge of a platoon when they are in the middle of an ambush. The situation on the ground develops as it develops and the military reacts to it as best as they can.

Well said, and exactly the point I made last night. Beyond telling some Admiral that the mission was a go Obama had no more idea of what was going on during the mission than we did. It's not like he was in real time communication with the SEAL team commander as the mission unfolded.

I am however sure that they were told by the White House "dead or alive and we prefer dead"

Why? If the action was, indeed, illegal under international law, why should anyone be fired for saying so?

Surely, you are not so afraid of international law that you want to silence those who raise the legality of it?

Isn't the left the ones who kept shrieking about the illegality of the Iraq war etc etc etc? So, international law was fine and dandy then.... but now that it's your guy, it's suddenly not ok?

Fucking hypocrites.

Once again I do not give one good rats ass how, who or why Osama Bin Lade4n was killed. I don't care about any claims of illegality. He declared war on us. he got killed in his war.

There is no such thing as International law. There are treaties between Countries and even those can be ignored if a Country so wishes. The only "foreign" law enforceable on a Sovereign nation is that law that is agreed to by said Country or enforced after losing a war.

There certainly is such a thing as international law. They govern the interaction between countries. And, what we (and I say we because Obama, as President, acts on behalf of We, the People) did was, possibly, illegal under international law.
Gee....a Teabagger all-of-a-sudden sanctioning....

"....curiouser, and curiouser..."

:eusa_whistle:

He didn't "Question the legality".

He didn't ask "Was the assassination of Bin Laden legal?"

He made a statement.

That statement was that the "assassination of Osama Bin Laden was an illegal killing on the whim of the president".

Why should he not say that?

Hate free speech?

because he's a hack. and he's a liar because their is nothing illegal about the operation. theoretically, based on our agreements and the vast sum of money we've dumped into pakistan, they should have told us where he was and LET us do it. and napolitano is claiming some sort of legal expertise. he has no right to use that to put forth a FALSE opinion. it is irresponsible.

napolitano, he has the freedom to be as much of an imbecile as he wants to be. and fauxnews should fire him. because that's THEIR right.

and i'm betting if a leftie said what he did, chica, you'd be calling them unamerican idiots who should be publicly humiliated.

Hacks and liars have rights in this country, moron.

This is truly hilarious. Suddenly the Left has become Dirty Harry gunning down opposition and fuck the rules.
I dont have any problem with Osama's killing. But anyone who suggests that we abided by international law is a moron.
We invaded a sovereign country. We killed an unarmed man. We killed women and children in the process. We stole the body. We mutilated it. Etc.
And for what? Was Osama a direct threat to the U.S? No. Sen. Obama would have called for investigation and punishment of the soldiers involved.

What you say is true, however if rumors that they had him in custody and then shot him are true, that certainly would seem to be an illegal execution.

But I reiterate, who cares. We tortured people for the information leading to him , then we whacked him. Who is going to do anything about it?

I highly doubt that any unit, specifically one of the best units in the military, would do that. I refuse to believe the "ISI version" of the story as told by OBLs daughter and released by Pakistan. I find anyone that does to be a sucker.

And I would not advocate taking your right away. But then it logically follows that we have the right to make fun of you for thinking a guy should be fired for expressing his views.

Personally, I think we should make allowances for you though in light of the fact that MSNBC has trained you to believe that dissenting voices should be culled.

Ahh, yes, MSNBC. I think half those guys shouldn't be on the air either. When they spout outrageous BullShit, which they do often, I complain loudly then too.

But really, FoxNews NEVER advocates that people should be fired for things they said.

Right?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Because if they did, that would make them massive hypocrites. Now wouldn't it?

Well said, and exactly the point I made last night. Beyond telling some Admiral that the mission was a go Obama had no more idea of what was going on during the mission than we did. It's not like he was in real time communication with the SEAL team commander as the mission unfolded.

I am however sure that they were told by the White House "dead or alive and we prefer dead"

Maybe it's an adverse effect of the video game culture we live in. Some people seem to believe that Obama was maneuvering these guys from room to room with a controller.

I am not sure of what they were told. I suspect, as said by the President in his speech, that it was to "kill or capture". Either way, we got OBL. It's a "W". I can't believe people can't simply accept that. However, go to the drudge report if you want a glimpse of how the right wing noise machine works.

They (the punditry) will slowing erode the public's confidence in this action simply for the politics of the ordeal. And we wonder why we are a fucking cynical nation.

I highly doubt that any unit, specifically one of the best units in the military, would do that. I refuse to believe the "ISI version" of the story as told by OBLs daughter and released by Pakistan. I find anyone that does to be a sucker.

I to find it highly doubtful that a Navy Seal violated the UCMJ by shooting an unarmed man who was in custody.

I am just saying that I can definitely see how some could see this as an illegal act. I disagree with it, but I can see how some come to that conclusion. and even if it was I personally am okay with that.

I to find it highly doubtful that a Navy Seal violated the UCMJ by shooting an unarmed man who was in custody.

I am just saying that I can definitely see how some could see this as an illegal act. I disagree with it, but I can see how some come to that conclusion. and even if it was I personally am okay with that.

It would be an illegal act. That's why I don't believe it happened. I believe he was killed in a CQB raid.

It happens a lot. To the innocent, the guilty, and even our own soldiers.

Why should he not say that?

Hate free speech?

because he's a hack. and he's a liar because their is nothing illegal about the operation. theoretically, based on our agreements and the vast sum of money we've dumped into pakistan, they should have told us where he was and LET us do it. and napolitano is claiming some sort of legal expertise. he has no right to use that to put forth a FALSE opinion. it is irresponsible.

napolitano, he has the freedom to be as much of an imbecile as he wants to be. and fauxnews should fire him. because that's THEIR right.

and i'm betting if a leftie said what he did, chica, you'd be calling them unamerican idiots who should be publicly humiliated.

Then you would lose that bet, mo chara.
BZZZZZT!!!!

Could you please mask your ignorance, and use the proper-term, for a Change??

mon chéri

:eusa_eh:

(Stupid, fuckin' Bubblehead.)​

Maybe it's an adverse effect of the video game culture we live in. Some people seem to believe that Obama was maneuvering these guys from room to room with a controller.

I am not sure of what they were told. I suspect, as said by the President in his speech, that it was to "kill or capture". Either way, we got OBL. It's a "W". I can't believe people can't simply accept that. However, go to the drudge report if you want a glimpse of how the right wing noise machine works.

They (the punditry) will slowing erode the public's confidence in this action simply for the politics of the ordeal. And we wonder why we are a fucking cynical nation.

I suspect it's a mixture of too many video games and too many Mitch Rapp novels. People actually believe that we have government assassins that the President unleashes when he's mad at someone and that the President personally oversees a squad sized group of men on ANY mission.

Then you would lose that bet, mo chara.
BZZZZZT!!!!

Could you please mask your ignorance, and use the proper-term, for a Change??

mon chéri

:eusa_eh:

(Stupid, fuckin' Bubblehead.)​

hey stupid, mo chara is gallic for my friend, mon cheri is french for the same. The gallic version is non sex specific, while the french version is.

Talk about ignorance.........

There certainly is such a thing as international law. They govern the interaction between countries. And, what we (and I say we because Obama, as President, acts on behalf of We, the People) did was, possibly, illegal under international law. Do I care that we may have broken international law? Nope. But commentators are perfectly entitled to call it illegal, just like they did when the US invaded Iraq.

Napalitano is an ass. But I see no reason why he should be fired for this.

That's cool, everyone has the right to their opinion, and your opinion, that people should be saying bullshit like this on national TV is your opinion.

I didn't say that they CAN'T say things like this on national television. A law like that would clearly be unconsitutional.

I'm saying they shouldn't say things like this on national television, and if they do, their employer should do the proper thing, and fire their ass.
They do.....like Lil' Dumbya fired Scooter Libby.

:rolleyes:

Hacks and liars have rights in this country, moron.

This is truly hilarious. Suddenly the Left has become Dirty Harry gunning down opposition and fuck the rules.
I dont have any problem with Osama's killing. But anyone who suggests that we abided by international law is a moron.
We invaded a sovereign country. We killed an unarmed man. We killed women and children in the process. We stole the body. We mutilated it. Etc.
And for what? Was Osama a direct threat to the U.S? No. Sen. Obama would have called for investigation and punishment of the soldiers involved.

We went into a heavily barricaded compound filled with armed criminals who were shooting at our men, and then killed the person who had been giving the orders to shoot. If a couple of civilians got killed in the process, well that is an unfortunate thing that sometimes happens in operations of this nature.

The picture you just tried to paint is offensive and ridiculous.

There is apparently no depth that you hacks won't sink to.

You're literally defending Osama Fucking Bin Laden now just to try and score points against Obama?

Wow. Just wow.

Forum List

Back