"Freedom Watch" calls the President a criminal for killing Bin Laden

Why? If the action was, indeed, illegal under international law, why should anyone be fired for saying so?

Surely, you are not so afraid of international law that you want to silence those who raise the legality of it?

Isn't the left the ones who kept shrieking about the illegality of the Iraq war etc etc etc? So, international law was fine and dandy then.... but now that it's your guy, it's suddenly not ok?

Fucking hypocrites.

Once again I do not give one good rats ass how, who or why Osama Bin Lade4n was killed. I don't care about any claims of illegality. He declared war on us. he got killed in his war.

There is no such thing as International law. There are treaties between Countries and even those can be ignored if a Country so wishes. The only "foreign" law enforceable on a Sovereign nation is that law that is agreed to by said Country or enforced after losing a war.

There certainly is such a thing as international law. They govern the interaction between countries. And, what we (and I say we because Obama, as President, acts on behalf of We, the People) did was, possibly, illegal under international law. Do I care that we may have broken international law? Nope. But commentators are perfectly entitled to call it illegal, just like they did when the US invaded Iraq.

Napalitano is an ass. But I see no reason why he should be fired for this.

I agree with this. Where the hell was "International Law" when those planes were flown into the WTC? If we violated "Internation Law" by killing OBL then so be it.

Once again I do not give one good rats ass how, who or why Osama Bin Lade4n was killed. I don't care about any claims of illegality. He declared war on us. he got killed in his war.

There is no such thing as International law. There are treaties between Countries and even those can be ignored if a Country so wishes. The only "foreign" law enforceable on a Sovereign nation is that law that is agreed to by said Country or enforced after losing a war.

There certainly is such a thing as international law. They govern the interaction between countries. And, what we (and I say we because Obama, as President, acts on behalf of We, the People) did was, possibly, illegal under international law. Do I care that we may have broken international law? Nope. But commentators are perfectly entitled to call it illegal, just like they did when the US invaded Iraq.

I agree with this. Where the hell was "International Law" when those planes were flown into the WTC? If we violated "Internation Law" by killing OBL then so be it.

As per our Constitution only Treaties and formal agreements reached between Our nation and another AND ratified by the Senate have any force of Law. There is no such thing as International Law.

I could give a rats ass if we broke every international law in the book as long as that dirtbag is dead.

That's cool, everyone has the right to their opinion, and your opinion, that people should be saying bullshit like this on national TV is your opinion.

I didn't say that they CAN'T say things like this on national television. A law like that would clearly be unconsitutional.

I'm saying they shouldn't say things like this on national television, and if they do, their employer should do the proper thing, and fire their ass.

And FoxNews should fire his ass, unless they want to have it thought that they support Bin Laden's right to a be protected by "international law".

But hey, I won't be the only judge of it, I'm going to push it out to everyone I know, and ask them to push it out to everyone they know, and of course I won't be the only one, and we'll see what everyone else thinks about FoxNews taking Bin Laden's side.

The really Ironic thing is FoxNews went into a hissy fit for days on end when some guy from PBS said something about the Tea Party at a private dinner, but then they sit back and say NOTHING when one of their hosts says this on national fucking television.

Then you would lose that bet, mo chara. I would never call for any commentator to be fired because I don't like what they say. I don't like what Napalitano said but he has the right to say it.

And, technically speaking, sending US troops into kill or capture someone on foreign soil, without notifying that government of our intention is - potentially - illegal. A whole bunch of international law experts around the world have said so.

Did we break international law? Maybe.

Do I care? Nope.

Again, I absolutely support Obama in making this call, international law be damned.

I have every right to call for a commentator to be fired for saying stupid offensive shit, just like commentators have the right to say that shit in the first place.

I'm not saying a law be made concerning said commentator, I'm saying the media outlet should have the common decency to fire people when they say outrageously offensive things.

This man needs to be fired.

Why? Because he dared question the legality of the hit? He's not the only one.

He didn't "Question the legality".

He didn't ask "Was the assassination of Bin Laden legal?"

He made a statement.

That statement was that the "assassination of Osama Bin Laden was an illegal killing on the whim of the president".

He's obviously incorrect because, as we've all heard, Obama had nothing to do with it. He was merely along for the ride. ;)

I saw Napolitano the other night and he didn't mention international law but our own law.
And he made a good case that we violated those laws. He went to far in suggesting Obama could kill anyone he wanted and justify it in the same way.
Personally I like what we did. But for those that claim we didn't violate international law, would you be ok if China, or Russia came into our country in a similar manner and killed a criminal?

HAHAH, he did start ANOTHER thread just for this.

and now calling for SOMEONE to be fired..

man oh man, grow up.

That statement was that the "assassination of Osama Bin Laden was an illegal killing on the whim of the president".

That statement is so ridiculous to call his killing the "whim" of Obama. It makes it sound like Obama just right now decided that we needed to find this guy and kill him...as opposed to the reality that we have all been looking for him for a decade and have spent trillions of dollars and lost thousands of lives doing so.

That's one hell of a long term, expensive whim!

Osama is dead. I don't care about the "nuances". He was a mass murderer and he was shot in the face like a filthy dog. He earned it. Forgive me if I don't cry for him.

PS - Judge Napolitano has the most screwed up hairline...he looks like a freakin' ape!
Judge%20Andrew%20Napolitano.jpg

Why? If the action was, indeed, illegal under international law, why should anyone be fired for saying so?

Surely, you are not so afraid of international law that you want to silence those who raise the legality of it?

Isn't the left the ones who kept shrieking about the illegality of the Iraq war etc etc etc? So, international law was fine and dandy then.... but now that it's your guy, it's suddenly not ok?

Fucking hypocrites.

He is an ass, but he's also a brilliant legal mind. If he says it was an illegal act, it more than likely was. But who cares? Is Interpol going to come arrest a sitting US President and serve him up to the World Court?

And of course you are correct that what he said is protected by the First Amendment. I don't personally think people should be voicing the opinion that our President acted illegally, no matter which party they are from, but I fully recognize their right to do so.

HAHAH, he did start ANOTHER thread just for this.

and now calling for SOMEONE to be fired..

man oh man, grow up.

Of course I did. This is a completely different subject, so it needed it's own thread. What's your point?

Osama is dead. I don't care about the "nuances". He was a mass murderer and he was shot in the face like a filthy dog. He earned it. Forgive me if I don't cry for him.

PS - Judge Napolitano has the most screwed up hairline...he looks like a freakin' ape!

I hate it when people say that people of ANY color look like an ape. Just tasteless.

I hate it when people say that people of ANY color look like an ape. Just tasteless.

Me too. Except in this case, because he looks like an ape. :lol:

He is an ass, but he's also a brilliant legal mind. If he says it was an illegal act, it more than likely was. But who cares? Is Interpol going to come arrest a sitting US President and serve him up to the World Court?

And of course you are correct that what he said is protected by the First Amendment. I don't personally think people should be voicing the opinion that our President acted illegally, no matter which party they are from, but I fully recognize their right to do so.

He is in fact protected by the first amendment, from prosecution. However, nothing in the Constitution prevents people from complaining, loudly, to the person's employer, and nothing in the Constitution prevents said employer from firing said employee.

I also have a right to free speech, and I'm using it to express my opinion that this jackass should be fired.

Then every drone attack has been illegal, and every al qaeda member we targeted and killed in Iraq for the last 8 years was an illegal act.

In fact, by this 'logic', the entire action in Afghanistan is illegal.

And while we're at it, soldiers have an obligation to disobey illegal orders. Does Napolitano want to imprison our Navy Seals? Give them the Lynndie England treatment??

Here's the specific clip, for people who don't don't have much time:

Fox Business' Napolitano: Bin Laden "Killed On The Illegal Whim Of The President" | Media Matters for America

(And yes, its from "Media Matters", but it's just video of the intro of the show).

and here's the full show:

YouTube - Freedom Watch - Killing The Rule Of Law 5/2/2011

"Freedom Watch" starts about 50 Seconds into the video.

Judge Napolitano specifically states that Osama Bin Laden was assassinated "on the illegal whim of the president".

Freedom of speech is a good thing. I rather like it that traitors can expose themselves.

Fuck Napalitano. I am certainly no Obama suporter, but he made the right choice. I would like to know what any one opposed to UBL's killing would have done in the same situation.

This man needs to be fired.

Why? Because he dared question the legality of the hit? He's not the only one.

It wasn't a "hit" or an execution or an assassination.

Our military is not full of hitmen, executioners, or assassins.

Bin Laden was the ultimate combatant in an asymmetric war. As such, he was killed in his living room in front of his family by covert operations. That doesn't change the fact that he was a combatant.

New Topics

Forum List

Back