"Freedom Watch" calls the President a criminal for killing Bin Laden

Why? Because he dared question the legality of the hit? He's not the only one.

It wasn't a "hit" or an execution or an assassination.

Our military is not full of hitmen, executioners, or assassins.

Bin Laden was the ultimate combatant in an asymmetric war. As such, he was killed in his living room in front of his family by covert operations. That doesn't change the fact that he was a combatant.

I am so glad to see Obama, Clinton, and the left come around to the notion that Al Qaeda is a military threat and not a law enforcement problem. I am so glad that our President correctly eliminated Bin Laden as a combatant instead of arresting him and serving justice through a criminal trial.

:clap2:

You're wrong. Al Qaeda is both.

Well said, and exactly the point I made last night. Beyond telling some Admiral that the mission was a go Obama had no more idea of what was going on during the mission than we did. It's not like he was in real time communication with the SEAL team commander as the mission unfolded.

I am however sure that they were told by the White House "dead or alive and we prefer dead"

Maybe it's an adverse effect of the video game culture we live in. Some people seem to believe that Obama was maneuvering these guys from room to room with a controller.

I am not sure of what they were told. I suspect, as said by the President in his speech, that it was to "kill or capture". Either way, we got OBL. It's a "W". I can't believe people can't simply accept that. However, go to the drudge report if you want a glimpse of how the right wing noise machine works.

They (the punditry) will slowing erode the public's confidence in this action simply for the politics of the ordeal. And we wonder why we are a fucking cynical nation.

I suspect it's a mixture of too many video games and too many Mitch Rapp novels. People actually believe that we have government assassins that the President unleashes when he's mad at someone and that the President personally oversees a squad sized group of men on ANY mission.

Don't forget Tom Clancy. I did CQB as an Infantry Officer with my unit. It's frigging hard. No matter how good the unit, four guys stack and go into clear a room with their weapons drawn. The decision to shoot or not to shoot is split second.

It's obvious that this shot was made on the move, as the bullet was off target and went through his left eye and not his forehead.

(That last part was a joke)

This man needs to be fired.

Why? Because he dared question the legality of the hit? He's not the only one.

He didn't "Question the legality".

He didn't ask "Was the assassination of Bin Laden legal?"

He made a statement.

That statement was that the "assassination of Osama Bin Laden was an illegal killing on the whim of the president".
So? He may be right.

In 1981 Ronald Reagan signed Executive Order 12333, which disallows the US from pursuing targeted assassinations.

Maybe it's an adverse effect of the video game culture we live in. Some people seem to believe that Obama was maneuvering these guys from room to room with a controller.

I am not sure of what they were told. I suspect, as said by the President in his speech, that it was to "kill or capture". Either way, we got OBL. It's a "W". I can't believe people can't simply accept that. However, go to the drudge report if you want a glimpse of how the right wing noise machine works.

They (the punditry) will slowing erode the public's confidence in this action simply for the politics of the ordeal. And we wonder why we are a fucking cynical nation.

Exactly, and apparently nothing is off the table in their effort to slime the president. Even defending Osama Bin Laden, and pretending he's "the victim".

Here's the specific clip, for people who don't don't have much time:

Fox Business' Napolitano: Bin Laden "Killed On The Illegal Whim Of The President" | Media Matters for America

(And yes, its from "Media Matters", but it's just video of the intro of the show).

and here's the full show:

YouTube - Freedom Watch - Killing The Rule Of Law 5/2/2011

"Freedom Watch" starts about 50 Seconds into the video.

Judge Napolitano specifically states that Osama Bin Laden was assassinated "on the illegal whim of the president".

What a joke. So who is going to enforce it? And do they enforce the hundreds of other violation going on in the world. Until organiztions like this and the UN get some teeth, why do we even have them?

Hacks and liars have rights in this country, moron.

This is truly hilarious. Suddenly the Left has become Dirty Harry gunning down opposition and fuck the rules.
I dont have any problem with Osama's killing. But anyone who suggests that we abided by international law is a moron.
We invaded a sovereign country. We killed an unarmed man. We killed women and children in the process. We stole the body. We mutilated it. Etc.
And for what? Was Osama a direct threat to the U.S? No. Sen. Obama would have called for investigation and punishment of the soldiers involved.

We went into a heavily barricaded compound filled with armed criminals who were shooting at our men, and then killed the person who had been giving the orders to shoot. If a couple of civilians got killed in the process, well that is an unfortunate thing that sometimes happens in operations of this nature.

The picture you just tried to paint is offensive and ridiculous.

There is apparently no depth that you hacks won't sink to.

You're literally defending Osama Fucking Bin Laden now just to try and score points against Obama?

Wow. Just wow.

I'm sorry , but at THIS point I must point and laugh at your hypocrisy. For eight years we listened to the left bitch and moan about illegal wars and cry that Bush was a killer every time a civilian was killed in an unfortunate incident. I have ZERO doubt that chastised NONE of them for doing so.

Exactly, and apparently nothing is off the table in their effort to slime the president. Even defending Osama Bin Laden, and pretending he's "the victim".

If it works, the American people are really stupid.

I predict that the right wing punditry will push it until they get backlash and then drop it. Either way, go look at the Drudge Report if you can stomach it. The way he titles the links is fucking hilarious and an obvious glimpse of what is going on here. The best one is a typo:

"Scepticism over raid" (that links to a Yahoo article about Obama not releasing the pictures).

He should have titled it:

"Septicism over raid"

The moans and groans on this place are just the whines of the brainwashed few who are exactly the morons that the right wing noise machine targets.

The left has their own equivalents, but in this instance, it's an excellent opportunity to watch how the right attempts to craft their message.

Hacks and liars have rights in this country, moron.

This is truly hilarious. Suddenly the Left has become Dirty Harry gunning down opposition and fuck the rules.
I dont have any problem with Osama's killing. But anyone who suggests that we abided by international law is a moron.
We invaded a sovereign country. We killed an unarmed man. We killed women and children in the process. We stole the body. We mutilated it. Etc.
And for what? Was Osama a direct threat to the U.S? No. Sen. Obama would have called for investigation and punishment of the soldiers involved.

We went into a heavily barricaded compound filled with armed criminals who were shooting at our men, and then killed the person who had been giving the orders to shoot. If a couple of civilians got killed in the process, well that is an unfortunate thing that sometimes happens in operations of this nature.

You're literally defending Osama Fucking Bin Laden now just to try and score points against Obama?

Wow. Just wow.

I'm sorry , but at THIS point I must point and laugh at your hypocrisy. For eight years we listened to the left bitch and moan about illegal wars and cry that Bush was a killer every time a civilian was killed in an unfortunate incident. I have ZERO doubt that chastised NONE of them for doing so.

Yes. And we still refuse to buy into the notion that we have to support Bush's actions in Iraq to support the war on terror.

No one on the left has ever objected to bringing Bin Laden down. In fact, most of us on the left objected to Iraq because it was a diversion away from Bin Laden.

Nice try, though.

I saw Napolitano the other night and he didn't mention international law but our own law.
And he made a good case that we violated those laws. He went to far in suggesting Obama could kill anyone he wanted and justify it in the same way.
Personally I like what we did. But for those that claim we didn't violate international law, would you be ok if China, or Russia came into our country in a similar manner and killed a criminal?
bin Laden was NOT considered a representative....

That's the difference.​

Wow. Just wow.

Yes. And we still refuse to buy into the notion that we have to support Bush's actions in Iraq to support the war on terror.

No one on the left has ever objected to bringing Bin Laden down. In fact, most of us on the left objected to Iraq because it was a diversion away from Bin Laden.

Nice try, though.

Sir , as you well know, no war is illegal. Well, as you SHOULD know since you're ex? military. The POTUS is the CiC of the US military and as such he can order them into battle for any reason, or no reason at all, without violating ANY law. With respect to the War Powers Act of course.

Also, I was referring to the cry from the left when civilians were killed as a result of a fire fight, I was not referring to them being against the war in Iraq in general. That is a separate argument altogether.

He is the victim. Haven't you seen the clippings coming out of Pakistan?

We killed that poor man in front of his daughter! We are such an awful nation! I mean, except for the 3000 innocent men, women, and children he slaughtered and the Sailors on the Cole, he was just minding his own business.

You know what upset me the most about 9/11? The videos of people jumping out of the twin towers when faced with that or being incinerated.

Fuck them all.

And fuck Pakistan and their shady intelligence agency that was shielding this fucking monster next door to the Paki equivalent of West Point.

Here's the specific clip, for people who don't don't have much time:

Fox Business' Napolitano: Bin Laden "Killed On The Illegal Whim Of The President" | Media Matters for America

(And yes, its from "Media Matters", but it's just video of the intro of the show).

and here's the full show:

YouTube - Freedom Watch - Killing The Rule Of Law 5/2/2011

"Freedom Watch" starts about 50 Seconds into the video.

Judge Napolitano specifically states that Osama Bin Laden was assassinated "on the illegal whim of the president".

Napolitano is an idiot.

no surprises.

Funny enoug he seemed to be right to me... I was not even looking for some way to take a jab at Obama on this issue. But of course we have 4 wars and Obama has made it clear we have 1, because that what some of his base wants to hear.

I saw Napolitano the other night and he didn't mention international law but our own law.
And he made a good case that we violated those laws. He went to far in suggesting Obama could kill anyone he wanted and justify it in the same way.
Personally I like what we did. But for those that claim we didn't violate international law, would you be ok if China, or Russia came into our country in a similar manner and killed a criminal?
bin Laden was NOT considered a representative....

That's the difference.​

sir you are now suggesting that it is illegal to assassinate representatives of another nation, but if you are not an official representative of another country your ass is fair game?

You would be FAR better served by just denying that this was an assassination to begin with.

Nice try, though.

Sir , as you well know, no war is illegal. Well, as you SHOULD know since you're ex? military. The POTUS is the CiC of the US military and as such he can order them into battle for any reason, or no reason at all, without violating ANY law. With respect to the War Powers Act of course.

Also, I was referring to the cry from the left when civilians were killed as a result of a fire fight, I was not referring to them being against the war in Iraq in general. That is a separate argument altogether.

he never said anything about the war being illegal, so why bring it up?.

the decision to invade iraq was the biggest foreign policy mistake in the history of the united states, bar none, but it was legal.

Nice try, though.

War can certainly be "illegal". The CINC doesn't hold a trump card with the War Powers act. That being said, I don't think Iraq was "illegal" and if it is, then congress is an accomplice.

I do think Iraq was stupid and incompetent. I also think the President harnesses the responsibility for the innocent civilians that are killed as a result of a military action he orders.

In a more concrete example, no one disputes that Harry Truman's decision to use the bomb killed Japanese civilians. Most people just don't care.

So? He may be right.

In 1981 Ronald Reagan signed Executive Order 12333, which disallows the US from pursuing targeted assassinations.

Interesting, except that Executive Order was countermanded by Clinton and Bush, specifically for use against terrorists:

washingtonpost.com: CIA Weighs 'Targeted Killing' Missions

Drawing on two classified legal memoranda, one written for President Bill Clinton in 1998 and one since the attacks of Sept. 11, the Bush administration has concluded that executive orders banning assassination do not prevent the president from lawfully singling out a terrorist for death by covert action. The CIA is reluctant to accept a broad grant of authority to hunt and kill U.S. enemies at its discretion, knowledgeable sources said. But the agency is willing and believes itself able to take the lives of terrorists designated by the president.

Clinton authorized covert lethal force against al Qaeda beginning in 1998, and The Washington Post reported last Sunday that Bush has signed a more encompassing intelligence "finding" that calls for attacks on newly identified weaknesses in Osama bin Laden's communications, security apparatus and infrastructure.

Bush's directive broadens the class of potential targets beyond bin Laden and his immediate circle of operational planners, and also beyond the present boundaries of the fight in Afghanistan, officials said.But it also holds the potential to target violence more narrowly than its precedents of the past 25 years because previous findings did not permit explicit planning for the death of an individual.

He is the victim. Haven't you seen the clippings coming out of Pakistan?

We killed that poor man in front of his daughter! We are such an awful nation! I mean, except for the 3000 innocent men, women, and children he slaughtered and the Sailors on the Cole, he was just minding his own business.

You know what upset me the most about 9/11? The videos of people jumping out of the twin towers when faced with that or being incinerated.

Fuck them all.

And fuck Pakistan and their shady intelligence agency that was shielding this fucking monster next door to the Paki equivalent of West Point.

Why isn't THIS a bigger story? I mean seriously. Did you see last night on Fox where the former ruler of Pakistan admitted that it was complete incompetence?

I didn't hear anyone bitching and moaning about Afghanistan.

And what did Iraq have to do with terrorism?

And I never said either war was illegal. Bush shucked and jived his way into legality with Iraq, and Afghanistan was always legal as far as I know.

So? He may be right.

Interesting, except that Executive Order was countermanded by Clinton and Bush, specifically for use against terrorists:

I know. I'm good with the order and any president would have made it I'm sure.

But facts are facts. You point out FOX but exclude the many other sources making the same points. Many left leaning. Why?

Now if these idiots call Obama a criminal, what did they call Bin Laden....a saint...a martyr.....or a good one that usually comes from the far left...."A misunderstood victim of circumstances"....:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Forum List

Back