Freedom for the States

Aurelian

Rookie
Sep 5, 2012
Freedom for the States
In the beginning the United States was just that the UNITED states. A alliance of the states that allowed them all to interact with each other in a way that benefited all the states mutually but didn’t try to be overbearing and control what the individual states did. The first separation from this way came with the civil war. When the southern states decided that they no longer wanted to be a part of this alliance with the election of president Lincoln(something that was technically within their rights), This isn’t to say that the Civil War didn’t have any good points. The abolishment of slavery for one was definitely a good thing. Besides the obvious humanitarian advantages of this there is the added fact that this was one of the first great and well noted facts of America becoming civilized in the eyes of the European world.
If they had stopped there then there would be no harm done and I’d have nothing to say but they didn‘t stop there.
No, they didn’t stop there they kept taking and taking without giving back. The freedom of the states keeps being bit by bit removed by our beloved sovereign state. They keep forcing themselves on us. beating us down, and forcing us under their thumb. If you need an example take the crackdown by the federal government in California. Even though the law there meant the people in possession of marijuana(keep in mind this is about rights not beliefs on the legality of marijuana) were completely within their rights according to the state our beloved government had no problem prosecuting them under federal law. In fact we no longer think to define ourselves by what state were in unless were writing down our address or talking about college football. What has happened to us that we accept this. That we are so willing to accept what were told by politicians that we never even consider that there are other possibilities. That we as states have rights that the federal government has no right to impede or in any way limit the power of, or at least we used to. Do we any more? Who knows? Maybe, if were lucky.
As for me I’m tired of being spoon fed this bullshit. I think its about time that the states stand up for themselves and take back what the governments been taking away from us for years.
Do we not deserve the rights that were promised to us by our forefathers?
I think we do.
What about you?

Reposted from deviant art
original author sonofrevolutionsgone

Sorry, meant to put this at the bottom of the post, but at request of the original author if anyone wishes to have feedback passed to him leave it here and I'll get it to him or if you wish to repost it on another forum please inform me of what site. Thank you.

Forum List

Back