Free Speech vs an Angry Islamic World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxfre don't go around lying. Taliban doesn't have full control. The afghani goverment controls everything. Don't expect a war torn population to start doing your favors.

And militant groups will always exist as long as a threatening Israeli military always exists. Palestinains aren't stupid to believe that crap. They have lived in the conflcit. The king of Jordan hasn't experienced what Palestinians have experienced. Israel will always threaten Palestinians and their ability to ever run their economy. They won't let it. They control their borders and don't want to see a thriving economy competing with Israel.

'Israel aimed to keep Gaza econom... JPost - Diplomacy & Politics

The Afghani government exists because NATO insists on its existence. Please give me your theory of how it will continue to exist and the Taliban will remain out of control once NATO leaves.

And you keep complaining about conspiracy theories but you blame this whole thing on Israel? Really?

Afghani goverment has control and talks would be the right way. We saw what violence results in. Violence.

And I didn't blame Israel for anything I responded to your hiliarious allegation that palestinans are to make peace and should drop their weopons. Except that it's not in their hands at all. Palestinians can't make land concessions, Israel can, palestinians don't built settlements, Israel does, palestinaisn don't decide anything on the negotiating table, Israel does and Israel under netyanhu basically said Palestinians get nothing and we get all at the speech in front of the US Congress

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8GMNwDJzgo]YouTube - Breakdown of Netanyahu's Appearance in US Congress[/ame]

I have at no time in any place in this thread even brought up the Palestinian, nor have I mentioned Israel or Israeli settlements or that anybody should drop weapons. And to divert the discussion in that direction seriously derails the thread which I will remind you focuses on the issue of free speech vs angry militant Islamic response to that free speecvh. So let's refocus on that, okay?

A gentle reminder that we are in the CDZ folks. Express your opinions about the topic,not each other. And focus on the thread topic and no food fights please.

:rolleyes:

I wasn't talking about Catholics centuries ago. I was talking about them as immigrants in the last century. They were demonized in much the same way Muslims are demonized now.

The entire US against THEM meme plays out over and over.

It's like watching sports fans, riots erupt over hockey games, football games, soccer games, and whatever gay sport the Brits play (rugby?).

It's all stupid. And it's no different. Except for the fact that a huge percentage of Americans are bed-wetters when it comes to Muslims.

funny...i don't recall mass rioting Catholics..... or sports fans killing the players.
No one is killing these players (Mo & Jesus) either. As for the rioting, perhaps you've heard of the IRA?

Perhaps you are aware that the IRA is a political group, not a religious one.

Then again, you might not be.

Foxfre you brought up an term referring to militsnts groups as Islamic ones. I responded to that then you told me they should have a forward and submitting mind(submit to Israel). I called it bs. I already responded to everything earlier in this thread.

A doctor in Pakistan was imprisoned for offense to mohammed because the threw away a business card from a man that had his first name "mohammed". 100 people were killed in muslim violence because a beauty contest was an offense to islam.

How far are we really willing to go to avoid offense to islam?

It doesn't matter how far we go it will never be enough until we all throw ourselves at their feet and convert to Islam.

Enough with your conspiracy theory silliness. This is all in your head. Muslims are worrying about their countries. They could care less about you

how does that fit in with the fact that Muslims are rioting over what happens in this country? Why burn down theaters that did not show the film?

Yes indeed, we see them doing all that worrying about their countries.

They are living life like normal. Muslims from the middle east aren't going on the Internet 24/7 with conspiracy theories about Christians at all. If you guys weren't so silly then have a mature conversation. This conversation with HG and FOxfre almost sounds pre planned. Just look it. It's going back and forth" yes Muslims did this. Yes they were Muslims. Yes Muslims want us at their feet."

It's so silly and funny

Can we bet your board membership on that?

BENGHAZI, Libya — Around 30,000 Libyans marched through the eastern city of Benghazi on Friday in an unprecedented protest to demand the disbanding of powerful militias in the wake of last week’s attack that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

The attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, in which at least one militia is suspected of participating, has sparked a backlash among many Libyans against the multiple armed factions that have run rampant for months in cities around the country. The militias have become more powerful than the regular security forces, and successive governments since last year’s fall of Moammar Gadhafi have been unable to rein them in.
Other signs mourned the killing of U.S. Amb. Chris Stevens, reading, “The ambassador was Libya’s friend” and “Libya lost a friend.”
Libyans hold giant march demanding militias disband in wake of attack on US consulate - The Washington Post

do some soul searching.

About what?

Yes indeed, we see them doing all that worrying about their countries.

They are living life like normal. Muslims from the middle east aren't going on the Internet 24/7 with conspiracy theories about Christians at all. If you guys weren't so silly then have a mature conversation. This conversation with HG and FOxfre almost sounds pre planned. Just look it. It's going back and forth" yes Muslims did this. Yes they were Muslims. Yes Muslims want us at their feet."

It's so silly and funny

Can we bet your board membership on that?

I'm not on this board preaching hate against Christians

There are no embassies in gaza. And yes it's was a few days. With military there in Egypt and Libya. So it all should be back to normal soon

I don't think anything about this is "normal". These people are doing this over a fucking cartoon man, you think this is ok?

It's not a cartoon. It's over the movie. I wouldn't protest at an embassy just like 99% of Egyptians wouldn't. Because its a waste of time. And the American embassy had nothing to do with it. I would be offended like everybody else. But I don't care about one person who makes a troll like movie.

Those protest over the cartoon in France are actually about the movie? Do you also believe that freedom is slavery?

Wait, you do, unless you aren't really a Muslim.

Foxfre it depends what you consider militant Islam and what the West is doing in those specific countries that have militant groups. For example,people in Afghanistan don't know what to choose and who to support. They get attacked by both sides NATO and Taliban, collateral damage also. They can't choose to Condemn or erase Taliban if NATO and American forces are there. When they leave it will change. And some militant groups are legitimate groups who came out of the conflict like Palestinian militant groups who defend their people from Israel.

How does any of that explain the violent protests in Australia?

I don't think anything about this is "normal". These people are doing this over a fucking cartoon man, you think this is ok?

It's not a cartoon. It's over the movie. I wouldn't protest at an embassy just like 99% of Egyptians wouldn't. Because its a waste of time. And the American embassy had nothing to do with it. I would be offended like everybody else. But I don't care about one person who makes a troll like movie.

Those protest over the cartoon in France are actually about the movie? Do you also believe that freedom is slavery?

Wait, you do, unless you aren't really a Muslim.

Take your Muslim hate somewhere else. According to Quatnm being Muslim means you're irrevalant to everything. Im not discussing anything with you

Foxfre it depends what you consider militant Islam and what the West is doing in those specific countries that have militant groups. For example,people in Afghanistan don't know what to choose and who to support. They get attacked by both sides NATO and Taliban, collateral damage also. They can't choose to Condemn or erase Taliban if NATO and American forces are there. When they leave it will change. And some militant groups are legitimate groups who came out of the conflict like Palestinian militant groups who defend their people from Israel.

How does any of that explain the violent protests in Australia?

It was in response to a statement she made. Can you understand that? Or is hard for you to?

Foxfre you brought up an term referring to militsnts groups as Islamic ones. I responded to that then you told me they should have a forward and submitting mind(submit to Israel). I called it bs. I already responded to everything earlier in this thread.

I said nothing about Israel other than Jordan making peace and trade treaties with Israel which they have done. This was to identify Jordan as one of the more moderate and reasonable Islamic states and it had absolutely nothing to do with anybody submitting to Israel and had absolutely nothing to do with the Palestinians. It had everything to do with free speech and how that is not promoted under Islamic law, even in a moderate and reasonable Jordan. And that almost certainly contributes to the militant violence. Can you focus on that please?

Last edited:
First, we need to stop thinking in terms of ‘militant Islam’ and ‘militant Muslims,’ as it serves only to cloud the issue and inject needless, subjective emotion into the discussion. It also (however unintended) affords criminals who happen to be Muslim some degree of ‘legitimacy,’ as if their ‘grievance’ and violent acts are somehow sanctioned or justified.

What are we supposed to call these people, moderates? If the moderates are rioting and killing people what are we supposed to do when the militants get upset?

By the way, there is a difference between being a criminal and a militant. For one thing, protests against blasphemy are not illegal in Pakistan. Calling them criminals in an attempt to obfuscate the issue actually insults them. Not sure how you think insulting them is going to make things better, but feel free to attempt to justify it anytime.

Second, we need to realize that this is a political, not religious, issue; that the criminals who attacked the embassies – the consulate in Libya in particular – are part of an internal political struggle. Indeed, most if not all of the criminals who attacked the US consulate in Libya had never seen the film in question.

Al Qaede are part of the internal political structure of Libya? Why did we oust Gaddafi? Was it to make it easier for al Qaeda to get a foothold?

Consequently, with the understanding the issue is political, not religious, and that those who commit criminal acts hiding behind the façade of ‘Islam insulted’ are cowards, we are no longer subject to an ethical dilemma, where we are concerned our advocacy of free expression might lead to needless death.

The only problem with that argument is that, in Islam, the religious issues are political, and the political issues are religious. Only a complete bigot would ever try to expect another culture to view the world the way they do. I advise you to actually study Islam before you try to comment on it.

We are thus free to engage in free expression – even if that expression is perceived as offensive by some – unfettered by concerns as to the consequence of that speech, as those who respond violently are alone responsible.

The one thing you get right, even if it is completely divorced from the process you mistakenly call logic.

I said nothing about Israel other than Jordan making peace and trade treaties with Israel which they have done. This was to identify Jordan as one of the more moderate and reasonable Islamic states and it had absolutely nothing to do with anybody submitting to Israel and had absolutely nothing to do with the Palestinians. It had everything to do with free speech and how that is not promoted under Islamic law, even in a moderate and reasonable Jordan. And that almost certainly contributes to the militant violence. Can you focus on that please?

And I responded to that false allegetion as if Israel is reasonable. Oh please....anyways I already responded to all of it earlier. Why do you want me to repeat myself over and over again. And you want to keep bringing this topic up over and over. Even though all of us regardless of what argument we have...have spoke about this many times.

I said nothing about Israel other than Jordan making peace and trade treaties with Israel which they have done. This was to identify Jordan as one of the more moderate and reasonable Islamic statesand it had absolutely nothing to do with anybody submitting to Israel and had absolutely nothing to do with the Palestinians. It had everything to do with free speech and how that is not promoted under Islamic law, even in a moderate and reasonable Jordan. And that almost certainly contributes to the militant violence. Can you focus on that please?
We pay Jordan millions in cash to play nice with Israel.

And supply the nation's dictator with nice new shinny weapons to pacify the population.

Hopefully, the citizens wil someday soon rise up and reverse this situation. :cool:

I said nothing about Israel other than Jordan making peace and trade treaties with Israel which they have done. This was to identify Jordan as one of the more moderate and reasonable Islamic statesand it had absolutely nothing to do with anybody submitting to Israel and had absolutely nothing to do with the Palestinians. It had everything to do with free speech and how that is not promoted under Islamic law, even in a moderate and reasonable Jordan. And that almost certainly contributes to the militant violence. Can you focus on that please?
We pay Jordan millions in cash to play nice with Israel.

And supply the nation's dictator with nice new shinny weapons to pacify the population.

Hopefully, the citizens wil someday soon rise up and reverse this situation. :cool:

The U.S. subsidy to Jordan for 2013 is set at I believe $663.7 million. So I can't really say that this has nothing to do with Jordan's behavior. But what does it say about the Jordanians or Muslims in general if they have to be paid to refrain from violence? That isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for a peaceful Islam.

The U.S. subsidy to Jordan for 2013 is set at I believe $663.7 million. So I can't really say that this has nothing to do with Jordan's behavior. But what does it say about the Jordanians or Muslims in general if they have to be paid to refrain from violence? That isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for a peaceful Islam.
The payoff money goes to the King/Dictator and not to the people.

His job is to pacify (oppress) the citizens and squash any groups who would rally against Israel or the West.

But the average Jordanian knows the game and resents being subjugated by U.S. and Israeli interests in their own country.

Jordan needs it's own version of the so called Arab Spring to get that nation back on track with it's core Islamic values. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back