Free Speech gone too far? Girl in Kaepernick jersey dancing on graves Arlington Cemetery Veteran Day

As a veteran whose served this country, I acknowledge the rights and freedoms of EVERYONE to express themselves, that's what makes us the greatest country in the world. I'm not sure how I feel about this person making some sort of message by dancing on the graves of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

“Free Speech gone too far?”

So you and others on the authoritarian right would do what, exactly – have someone arrested for dancing on a grave, subject that person to criminal prosecution, make dancing on graves ‘illegal’; what’s gone too far is conservatives’ desire to compel conformity and punish dissent.

As a veteran whose served this country, I acknowledge the rights and freedoms of EVERYONE to express themselves, that's what makes us the greatest country in the world. I'm not sure how I feel about this person making some sort of message by dancing on the graves of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

So you and others on the authoritarian right would do what, exactly – have someone arrested for dancing on a grave, subject that person to criminal prosecution, make dancing on graves ‘illegal’; what’s gone too far is conservatives’ desire to compel conformity and punish dissent.

It figures you condone this shit

Revolting asshole and disgusting ho-bait.

Shoulda shot the beeotch...

Shoulda shot the beeotch...

Or introduce it to a lass named Mackenzie:eek:

The 1st Amendment doesn't mean one is exempt from harsh criticism.

IMO, the best response is to ignore the twerp. He has a new twitter account and is obviously trying to create some type of brand. Well, I'm not buying it.

Freedom of speech means that we also have the freedom to be an asshole.

She was that but that's the way it is.

Yes, Sweetie, we know.All right wingers are great big poopyheads.

We wen't convinced after the first 47000 times you made the same statement, but you preservered and we finally get your message.

Yes, right wingers are all great big poopyheads.

First, thank you for your service, happy Veterans Day.

This person, IMHO, should be put before a group of veterans and their families, and asked to explain their behavior. Then defend it. Followed by listening to a few stories of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice...
I contacted the person who made this video. They said the grave marker that is first seen in the video is that of a family member and they fully acknowledge/understand every kind of emotion that would be felt with the visual of someone dancing at Arlington Cemetery. They also acknowledged the video was garbage quality. lol, but the intent was good.

The point of doing it was because it's an expression of the 1st Amendment... something right-wing people have been strongly/rightfully adamant about in the last few years since Conservative public speakers have been shut down around the country from giving speeches at places like college campuses from far-left extreme groups like Antifa, simply because they disagree with what is being said and heard. Pure censorship at it's worst. Just because you don't like something that is an expression of free speech, doesn't mean you should shut it down.

The entire point of having someone dance at Arlington Cemetery is because it's an expression of free speech and most certainly distasteful.... but it's the same general concept of the 1st Amendment that we must allow and that logical thinking people must stand up for... even if we don't like it. But most of the Conservative people who are complaining and saying it shouldn't happen are unknowingly contradicting themselves on the subject of free speech when those exact same people acknowledge and witness the absurdity of left-wing extreme protesters shutting down Conservative people from giving a speech... simply because they don't like the message being conveyed. Whether you like the message or not, Democrat-Republican- or whatever... we all have the right to express that message.

atempting-to-give-a-damn1.gif

The land was stolen as war booty.

Blacks serve in disproportionate numbers in the Army. So that woman is dancing near the memorials of her "brothers". I wonder if she knows that.

She also dances by MLK's memorial in the video.

I would not make assumptions about the intent.

That is liberty. Something attributed to Voltaire is 100% right "I may hate everything you say but I would die for your right to say it." The Marines will tell you "The Marines can fix a lot ot things but the Marines can't fix stupid". One of my favorite American philosophers is Forests' mom her take on this sort of thing is "Stupid is as stupid does". Freedom is also the right to be an asshole idiot.

Progressives hide under the constitution to defend bad behavior. It's ironic, because if someone doesn't agree with their doctrine they believe that person should be shut-down and ruined.

They're emotional beings and unable to consider the effects of contrary thought. What good has come from Kaepernick's display? Not a fucking thing. He builds disrespect and this piece of shit is a result.

Forum List

Back