Free Educations for All

Sure. How about freedom to keep my own fucking money and not pay for someone elses shit?

This thinking of "public good" adn the "collective" working together is a fucking joke and frankly, I'm tired of hearing it out of embarrassingly misguided mouths.

It's not education that should be free. It's college grades that should be free. Freed from things like course work. Graduation and a degree should be free.

If college actually did the job of preparing a work force these students would have a better argument. They would have a decent argument of being worth a good income too. Unfortunately we graduate too many students who remain barely literate, but can regurgitate what professors have lectured them about how unfair it is that they are expected to be more than barely literate.

Actually, if we expect people to get an education they need to have a house too, and food, and clothes and personal hygiene items and a car or bike or some form of free transportation.

Generally speaking, college students do get all these things free: their parents provide them.

But for those whose parents cant afford them, or who don't have parents, that's a decent idea.

In any case, this is just an extension of the idea of public K-12 education, which is non-controversial. When I was a boy, you could get quite a good job with a middle-class income with a high-school diploma. Now, most people can't.

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) - Campus police pepper-sprayed as many as 30 demonstrators after Santa Monica College students angry over a plan to offer high-priced courses tried to push their way into a trustees meeting, authorities said.

Raw video posted on the Internet Tuesday evening showed students chanting "Let us in, let us in" and "No cuts, no fees, education should be free."
My Way News - Students angry over pricey courses pepper-sprayed

Shouldnt it though.....................Pre-school, education, food, medical care, housing, employment, and retirement too........these are basic human rights !!!

For the Public Good !!!!!!! lol

Who taught these thugs that anything was "free"? where do they get this "free" shit from?

Explain 'free' education.

TIA

overdere.jpg

Why do CONZ have such lousy cartoon artwork of Obama?

I mean it's like there's no such thing as a CON who can draw worth half a shit.

Whats up with that?

Translation: "Not only do I not have an answer to your question, I'm too dumb to understand characture art".

Alrighty then! :lol:

What's "characture" ???

Did you mean a caricature?

I know what "character art" is...I was asking why the CON stuff is all done so badly?

I mean there was a whole line of psychadelic republican trading cards

fea_cards.jpg

See the difference there? Yours is done in MSPAINT and one is real art.

That was when a high school diploma meant something. Due to social promotion, a high school diploma is like a 6th grade diploma.

It's not education that should be free. It's college grades that should be free. Freed from things like course work. Graduation and a degree should be free.

Hmmm. You are on to something. That would save those who actually pay for the 'free' stuff a lot of money.

Just give the freeloaders a college diploma from Free University on demand and save us all a lot of money.

That was when a high school diploma meant something. Due to social promotion, a high school diploma is like a 6th grade diploma.

Exactly. And that's why we should extend public education through a bachelor's degree. We can no longer treat that as a privilege, when it has become a necessity of a good job.

So you want to socialize the higher education system down to the 6th grade level too?

Unreal. Yeah, sorry we broke your K-12 education system. We're going to need to extend it into bachelor programs so we can offset our fuck up by fucking it up some more.

Like so many of these threads, the premise of the 'education is a right' perspective seems to be that we all have a 'right' to have our basic needs provided for. Ironically, the only people with a genuine claim to a 'right to be taken care of' are slaves.

Like so many of these threads, the premise of the 'education is a right' perspective seems to be that we all have a 'right' to have our basic needs provided for. Ironically, the only people with a genuine claim to a 'right to be taken care of' are slaves.

There are no slaves... dumbass!

Like so many of these threads, the premise of the 'education is a right' perspective seems to be that we all have a 'right' to have our basic needs provided for.

Hold on, no. With respect to education, that's not the premise. The premise is that people have a right to an opportunity at success. As an American tradition, this is nothing new. It underlies public education generally, and also things like homesteading.

Why do we (traditionally) subsidize education below the college level? Because (in part) it's believed that basic skills like literacy are a prerequisite for good citizenship, and (in part) because, in an economy where most people have jobs instead of their own farms or businesses, an education is a prerequisite for having an opportunity to succeed.

Today, a high-school diploma does not provide a good job anymore. A college degree is a must. Expanding public education to include four years of college is only keeping true to our traditions in the face of changed economic reality, not abandoning them, nor introducing anything fundamentally new.

Like so many of these threads, the premise of the 'education is a right' perspective seems to be that we all have a 'right' to have our basic needs provided for.

Hold on, no. With respect to education, that's not the premise. The premise is that people have a right to an opportunity at success. As an American tradition, this is nothing new. It underlies public education generally, and also things like homesteading.

Why do we (traditionally) subsidize education below the college level? Because (in part) it's believed that basic skills like literacy are a prerequisite for good citizenship, and (in part) because, in an economy where most people have jobs instead of their own farms or businesses, an education is a prerequisite for having an opportunity to succeed.

Today, a high-school diploma does not provide a good job anymore. A college degree is a must. Expanding public education to include four years of college is only keeping true to our traditions in the face of changed economic reality, not abandoning them, nor introducing anything fundamentally new.

A degree is a must? I think not.

Famous, Rich, and Successful People
Who Were High School or College Dropouts

Why is it that education below the college level is so poor that most that do go to college coming out of a public high school need remediation to meet even the most basic college curriculum?
So again, you want to take the college level and make it the 6th grade level of education that a public school made for K-12.

In other words, we broke the fucking system and now its so lousy, we need to usurp some more of it in order to try and fix the socialized fuck up of K-12 by fucking up 4 years of college too.

Embarrassing.

A college education is not a must to become fabulously wealthy if you are one of the extraordinary few business geniuses who have any real chance to do that in the first place.

A college education IS a must to get a good job within the confines of normal prospects of reasonable success. We literally CANNOT all be Bill Gates.

The quality of public education is a separate issue from whether it should be offered at full public expense. Public colleges already exist -- they're called state universities -- they just aren't fully subsidized and charge tuition.

Forum List

Back