Free Educations for All

Sure he did. He said the right to education was a derivative of the 'right' to have an opportunity at success.

No. He didn't. Why would you lie about something when we can all clearly see what he wrote?

He was arguing (poorly) that the 'right' to education is founded in the the American notion that everyone has a 'right' to have an opportunity at success.

Leftists always freely abuse the definition of 'rights' when they are looking for a handout.

Like so many of these threads, the premise of the 'education is a right' perspective seems to be that we all have a 'right' to have our basic needs provided for.

Hold on, no. With respect to education, that's not the premise. The premise is that people have a right to an opportunity at success. As an American tradition, this is nothing new.
So, by saying "no" to "education is a right" what he was REALLY arguing, in your mind, was that education is a right.

Truly you have a unique mind.

To say education should be free is to imply it has no value. Is that what we want?

The term "free" has been tossed around in this thread a lot and almost always refers to "no money from the student". Obviously there is a financial cost by someone and obviously there is a HUGE time cost by the student.

I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise.

So lets give the ungrateful baffoons more of it?

ON AVERAGE, I said. Not ALL poor families.

Either education is provided at public expense, or it is a privilege of the children of the wealthy. It's quite simple, really. Do you think that, not merely success, but a CHANCE at success, should be reserved for the children of the well-off?

That's the outcome you're arguing for, whether you would approve or not.

By the way, some public schools -- maybe even most of them -- are excellent. The real failures are a minority.

No, that is not what Im arguing for and presenting this as only one way or the other is fallacious. There are opportunities beyond public schools for poor and education would be vastly more productive, affordable and competitive without bureaucrat driven agenda schools.

The communities should take matters into their own hands and remove government from the task for the best outcomes.

No, public schools are failiing here at almost everything. They are anything but excellent. Which is why so many need remediation when they get to college in order to meet standard curriculum requirements. That is not success, it's failure.

No. He didn't. Why would you lie about something when we can all clearly see what he wrote?

He was arguing (poorly) that the 'right' to education is founded in the the American notion that everyone has a 'right' to have an opportunity at success.

Leftists always freely abuse the definition of 'rights' when they are looking for a handout.

Like so many of these threads, the premise of the 'education is a right' perspective seems to be that we all have a 'right' to have our basic needs provided for.

Hold on, no. With respect to education, that's not the premise. The premise is that people have a right to an opportunity at success. As an American tradition, this is nothing new.
So, by saying "no" to "education is a right" what he was REALLY arguing, in your mind, was that education is a right.

You aren't very bright.

He was arguing that education was a 'right' in that it is prerequisite to the 'right' of opportunity for success.

Would you even disagree?

overdere.jpg

Why do CONZ have such lousy cartoon artwork of Obama?

I mean it's like there's no such thing as a CON who can draw worth half a shit.

Whats up with that?

Translation: "Not only do I not have an answer to your question, I'm too dumb to understand characture art".

Alrighty then! :lol:

What's "characture" ???

Did you mean a caricature?

I know what "character art" is...I was asking why the CON stuff is all done so badly?

I mean there was a whole line of psychadelic republican trading cards

fea_cards.jpg

See the difference there? Yours is done in MSPAINT and one is real art.

Oh noez, you caught me! A spelling error! :eek:

Still can't answer the question and still don't understand caricature art.

Obubblehead's is quite well done . . . cartoonish with a big mouth and big ears. Not only did they get the depiction right, the caption is spot on as well! :thup:

What's 'free' education? Never mind, I already know the leftist answer. Free education is when someone else pays for it.

I know a lot of (adults) that went onto college at their parents expense and did so simply for the free ride. Afterwards, the females went on to use their degree to become breeders and the males wish they hadn't knocked them up. Now both have to deal with the fact they were never college material in the first place. Doom, by design.

I propose a free education to all those that would benefit from it and make those that wouldn't pay for it.

I do, but you have a reading comprehension problem. Go back and try again, please.

Home school
Community center schools (we have them in Harlem and other neighborhoods already as communities take matters into their own hands)
Charter schools
Private schools

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) - Campus police pepper-sprayed as many as 30 demonstrators after Santa Monica College students angry over a plan to offer high-priced courses tried to push their way into a trustees meeting, authorities said.

Raw video posted on the Internet Tuesday evening showed students chanting "Let us in, let us in" and "No cuts, no fees, education should be free."
My Way News - Students angry over pricey courses pepper-sprayed

Shouldnt it though.....................Pre-school, education, food, medical care, housing, employment, and retirement too........these are basic human rights !!!

For the Public Good !!!!!!! lol

Sure, just put it on my tab... (You get what you pay for.. everything will be worthless)

Last edited:
I propose a free education to all those that would benefit from it and make those that wouldn't pay for it.

How do you distinguish the two?

When a college education is a prerequisite to a decent standard of living, the kind that used to be available with a high-school diploma working in a factory under a union contract, then everyone must be "college material."

Either that, or we need a different way to distribute wealth. Which would be a lot more radical than a free college education.

Lol the US was one of the first countries to provide "free" k-12 education. It helped to build a better workforce and gave America a competitive edge. An employer needs people who can read, write, add, problem solve, etc.

Now America is trying to compete with countries that provide "free" higher education.

It's not a matter of altruism, but a matter of international competition. No different than investing in a strong military. Without a strong, educated workforce, we will be unarmed and therefore vulnerable.

Exactly. Education has nothing to do with the rights of the citizens - it's essentially a nationalist concern. That's why it's always been central to the efforts of fascists. That's not to say campaigns to educate are inherently fascist, but the point is that "public" education serves the interests of the state first and foremost, and benefits citizens as a secondary concern at best.

Last edited:
It's not education that should be free. It's college grades that should be free. Freed from things like course work. Graduation and a degree should be free.

Hmmm. You are on to something. That would save those who actually pay for the 'free' stuff a lot of money.

Just give the freeloaders a college diploma from Free University on demand and save us all a lot of money.

California would like to experiment with that concept. Schools that admit low performing students would have lower admission requirements and a substantially lower tuition. Schools that are traditionally home to high achievers would get to limit enrollment, have the highest admission requirements and charge more.

This idea was attacked on the grounds that low performing schools with low entrance requirements like UC Riverside would end up black and hispanic while UC Irvine at the top end would be asian and white. Just having a degree from UC Riverside would be a red flag that the individual lacks basic education.

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) - Campus police pepper-sprayed as many as 30 demonstrators after Santa Monica College students angry over a plan to offer high-priced courses tried to push their way into a trustees meeting, authorities said.

Raw video posted on the Internet Tuesday evening showed students chanting "Let us in, let us in" and "No cuts, no fees, education should be free."
My Way News - Students angry over pricey courses pepper-sprayed

Shouldnt it though.....................Pre-school, education, food, medical care, housing, employment, and retirement too........these are basic human rights !!!

For the Public Good !!!!!!! lol

You forgot rubbers. Rubbers should be free too!

No matter how much someone might demand that education is a right, it isn't. It isn't because the uneducatable can't be educated no matter how much free stuff they get. All they can do is what they did iin elementary and high school, make it more difficult for someone there who wants to be educated. Then when they get out of higher education, they still can't read, they can write only with crude block letter printing and then only few words, reading beyond a basic text message is denied to them and they count themselves math wizards if they can operate a calculator.

Free education will do one thing, cheapen higher education into being as worthless as high school.

Then what we will get is MORE. The college degree is already cheapening. It's the POST GRADUATE degree that commands the living wage. Who cares that you got a degree in transgender studies, what's your master's in? What kind of doctrate do you have? If college tuition is expensive, the post graduate degree is even more expensive. The joke's on the people who want free college tuition hoping it will help.

Forum List

Back