Free cell phone program

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
FREE CELL PHONE PROGRAM
often called Obama's cell phone program was in place long before Obama took office. Many have got two phone by enrolling in two programs. Budget Mobile Lifeline and SafeLink and give one or both to family members. WTF is the reasoning for a Lifeline anyway? A mexican store here in reno do not ask if you already have a free governemt cell phone because they don't want to know because he get $1 for every phone he gives out. (on wells street in reno) any illegal alien on food stamps can get one.

According to Jason Koebler of U.S. News and World Report, the cost of the program has doubled during President Obama's first term, to a cost of $1.6 billion in 2011. Participation has also exploded under Obama's watch: in Louisiana alone, the number of free cell phone users grew from 38,000 in 2008 to 626,000 in 2011, an increase of 1,565 percent.

The program is also riddled with fraud, waste, and mismanagement. The FCC, which oversees the program, found 200,000 individuals were using the system fraudulently or were otherwise ineligible to participate. In response, the FCC has promised to provide better oversight. That may be a problem as participation increases, especially after the Obama Administration planned to use $25 million to promote the program to find more potential users, and possibly extend the program to provide broadband internet service as well.

Oh, crap. Not again.

How many times do we have to go through this? What.... is it a slow news day or something, so you drug out an old FOX talking point and are now trying to retread it?

Last edited:
It's good we keep giving this scum more stuff. In return they can spend their time productively looking for employment, studying hard so they can excel in school, etc. And, boy, flash mobbing is really easy when lots of folks have free phones handy.

And, shouldn't they all have a Chevy Volt to tool around in too? What's a person to do if the next mob is clear across town, ride the bus?

Oh, crap. Not again.

How many times do we have to go through this? What.... is it a slow news day or something, so you drug out an old FOX talking point and are now trying to retread it?
You don't know how to read? It's from US News and World Report.

Over $26,000 a year in FREE STUFF ..
Here are the "entitlement","Santa Claus",free stuff benefits to the "poor"..
In 2008, the fund that foots the bill for this program contributed $819 million to subsidize low-income telephone services. The fund is projected to grow to over $1 billion this year. That’s $1 billion of over $800 billion the United States will spend on welfare in 2010. Welfare recipients now eligible to receive cell phones
Welfare recipients now eligible to receive cell phones

a) Free Cell phone (my cell phone I PAY is about $100/month)
if the poor person receives just one of the below FREE entitlements:

* Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program

b) 40 million Americans on food stamps get $200/month in free food.

it cost $75.7 billion in 2011 compared to $35 billion in 2008; and enrollment has hit an all-time high of 46.7 million recipients. Meanwhile, the number of children receiving free school lunches has inflated from 18 to 21 million — an unprecedented jump —
about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large

c) portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...

So these people get
=== $ 5,666 in EIC cash,
=== $12,000 free housing ,
=== $ 2,400 free food,
=== $ 1,200 in free cell phone plus
=== $ 5,000 a year in free health care from Medicaid.
So this is about $26,000 a year in FREE MONEY, free goods and free services...

IT's GOOD to be POOR in the USA where OTHER PEOPLE PAY!!!

I have no problem if the person has been injured or has medical conditions that stops them from working. What ticks me off is all of the free loader who are getting these benifit for doing nothing more than breathing.

CB

IT's GOOD to be POOR in the USA where OTHER PEOPLE PAY!!!

I have no problem if the person has been injured or has medical conditions that stops them from working. What ticks me off is all of the free loader who are getting these benifit for doing nothing more than breathing.

CB

Ditto.

Unfortunately, some people around here paint all who receive government benefits with the same "Freeloader" brush.

Right wingers bought this story and committed to it 100%...without researching it. Fox and Rush lied to them.

This program was founded by the Reagan Administration in the 80's. It was for people to make 911 calls and have job interviews. It was expanded under Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2 (and expanded to included cell phones)

The only thing Obama did to it was LIMIT it to 1 phone per household. Yep, thats right. The only change Obama made was to LIMIT this program.

And the right wing brainwashers began a campaign of "Obamaphones" coverage, when Obama was the 1st president since the beginning of this program to bring limits to it.

Funny how easy it is to brainwash some people.

Lilo you can advertise all you want. I am not ilegal, a woman, a minority or have illegitimate kids so I don't qualify.

Forum List

Back