Sex

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
At least I know everyone will read my post now. :badgrin:

Here are some questions I have.

1. What role, if any, should sex play in the government? Specifically, why should we get tax perks and certain privlidges just because of sexual unions?

2. Should sexual relations imply obligations legally of any kind? Should a spouse be allowed, for example, to simply leave all of their estate to someone other than their sexual partner, or should the fact that two people had sex together for a specified time make them legally obligated to get a cut?

3. Why buy a marriage license? Why should we pay?

4. Should those who are monogomous be allowed to discriminate against those who are not by having special government privlidges over them?

5. What about asexual people? Shouldn't they have the same rights as those who are sexually active? For example, if two people live together and are the best of friends but don't have sex together, why is it they can't file jointly with taxes and provide the same privlidges those that have sex have?

Last edited:

1. What role, if any, should sex play in the government? Specifically, why should we get tax perks and certain privlidges just because of sexual unions?

2. Should sexual relations imply obligations legally of any kind? Should a spouse be allowed, for example, to simply leave all of their estate to someone other than their sexual partner, or should the fact that two people had sex together for a specified time make them legally obligated to get a cut?

4. Should those who are monogomous be allowed to discriminate against those who are not by having special government privlidges over them?

5. What about asexual people? Shouldn't they have the same rights as those who are sexually active? For example, if two people live together and are the best of friends but don't have sex together, why is it they can't file jointly with taxes and provide the same privlidges those that have sex have?

You're beginning with the faulty assumption that sex is the only reason people get married, that it's little more than prostitution by contract.

That's a rather narrow and dim view of marriage. In spite of the fact that it is that for too many people (see: divorce rate), that doesn't negate the fact that marriage is much, much more than just a deal for lifetime sex.

There is no reason why the government can't control sex the way they control health care, soda pop or anything else.

Exactly. Why does a man have to have anal with his buddy just to get married? Why does he have to get married? Contract benefits should have nothing to do with what a man does with his dick or what a woman does with her fist.:lol::lol::lol:

1. What role, if any, should sex play in the government? Specifically, why should we get tax perks and certain privlidges just because of sexual unions? Becuase every society needs a next generation

2. Should sexual relations imply obligations legally of any kind? Should a spouse be allowed, for example, to simply leave all of their estate to someone other than their sexual partner, or should the fact that two people had sex together for a specified time make them legally obligated to get a cut?Your confusing sex with marriage

3. Why buy a marriage license? Why should we pay? Its a legal designation which gives you a legal contract for very little money

4. Should those who are monogomous be allowed to discriminate against those who are not by having special government privlidges over them?who told you marriage means manogamy? any married couple can agree to allow each other to have other sexual partners, Its a legal contract and you can get one too if you find a person willing to enrter into that contract and YOU two get to maek up the rules of it for yourself when it comes to sex

Dude people who dont have sex can get married.

All they need to do is just agree on how to live and they can get married.

Its as if you think there will be someone asking you about sex before you get married.

ANY Two people should be able to get married for what ever reasons they wish to.

That is why gay marriage is a civil rights issue

Mmmm. Curious questions. May I ask one first? How would the various acts of sexual activity or lack of such, be proven to the government?

An older couple, who were both widowed, had been going out with each other for a long time. Urged on by their friends, they decided it was finally time to get married. Before the wedding, they went out to dinner and had a long conversation regarding how their marriage might work. They discussed finances, living arrangements, and so on.

Finally, the old gentleman decided it was time to broach the subject of their physical relationship. "How do you feel about sex?" he asked, rather tentatively.

"I would like it infrequently", she replied.

The old gentleman sat quietly for a moment, adjusted his glasses, then leaned over towards her and whispered, "Is that one word or two?"

1) There should be no perks, benefits. or handouts because of sex or things that derive from sexual choices
2) The only thing government should be worried about is contracts. And any 'union' between adults for family should be considered nothing more than a contract. And if the contract dispute has to be settled in court, so be it.
3) It is a tax.. to think otherwise is to be deluded... Government only wants it for money
4) You can discriminate against the choices and actions of others all you want.. If you don't want to bring polygamists into your house, don't... If you don't want criminals or people who cuss around your kids, don't let them.... If you don't wish to serve steampunk looking fools, don't.... If you don't want to rent to people who play loud music, don't.... etc
5) There is no such thing as an asexual human

You're beginning with the faulty assumption that sex is the only reason people get married, that it's little more than prostitution by contract.

That's a rather narrow and dim view of marriage. In spite of the fact that it is that for too many people (see: divorce rate), that doesn't negate the fact that marriage is much, much more than just a deal for lifetime sex.

For men it is a lifetime contract for sex and maybe to have children. For women it is a romantic fantasy which rarely lives up to their ideal.

For men it is a lifetime contract for sex and maybe to have children. For women it is a romantic fantasy which rarely lives up to their ideal.

Well, I never thought of marriage like that ~shrug~

You have a pretty low opinion of men.

I understand that the government is going to be taxing sex. The top 1% of income earners are going to have to pay more too every time they have sex.

From the responses so far, it would seem that most do not equate marriage with sex, even though we assume this when people get married.

So why should government discriminate against polygamy then? In fact, if it has nothing to do with sex, you could say that we are all married in a way since we now have the responsibility to pay certain fees and undertake certain responsibilities etc. for each other in government.

Last edited:

Meh. It's worked OK here for more than 40 years.

Forum List

Back