Free cars for poor fuel road rage

Yea right? I'm a senior director at a fortune 500 company. I don't have a single philosopher on staff. I have one English major, who went back to school and got an MBA in computer systems management. That's it. Most of our sales and marketing team have MBA's and degrees in economics or finance. I know, I'm in the job market every day. The competition for American technical interns is FIERCE. There are 5 positions for every single student in good standing (3.00 or better GPA).

Good luck to any new grad with a philosophy degree trying to get a job today.....get used to life in a soup kitchen....or don't quit that cashier job at Victoria's Secret...

Congratulations. I make $50k a year working an average of about 5 hours a week, since I am a full time student. And yes, that was done with my philosophy degree. Merely because your world is so narrowly focused on your own needs and interests doesn't mean people who fall outside those interests somehow can't get jobs. Once I'm out of school I'll have the option to be making $150k+ straight out of grad school. Or I could just stick to what I'm doing now. $100 an hour jobs are fun. I don't think I'll be seeing a soup kitchen anytime soon.

Bottom line, you are full of crap. I can smell utter BS when I read it, and that is you.

Whoever is going to pay you that for your "philosophy" is will be bankrupt and out of business pretty soon....unless you have a NY Times best seller on the shelf. SO who's your employer, what do they sell and who is paying you $160/hr for you philosophical insight? Don't apply at my firm. We might be able to find a $11/hr spot for you in the mailroom....

Can we say "banks" and "Chrysler"!

Congratulations. I make $50k a year working an average of about 5 hours a week, since I am a full time student. And yes, that was done with my philosophy degree. Merely because your world is so narrowly focused on your own needs and interests doesn't mean people who fall outside those interests somehow can't get jobs. Once I'm out of school I'll have the option to be making $150k+ straight out of grad school. Or I could just stick to what I'm doing now. $100 an hour jobs are fun. I don't think I'll be seeing a soup kitchen anytime soon.

Bottom line, you are full of crap. I can smell utter BS when I read it, and that is you.

Whoever is going to pay you that for your "philosophy" is will be bankrupt and out of business pretty soon....unless you have a NY Times best seller on the shelf. SO who's your employer, what do they sell and who is paying you $160/hr for you philosophical insight? Don't apply at my firm. We might be able to find a $11/hr spot for you in the mailroom....

Its called being self employed. I don't get $160 an hour, my max so far has been $150 an hour. I usually charge between $80 and $100. Philosophy gives you a capability to reason in a technical and analytical sense that no other discipline provides. Hence it can allow one to do extremely well on the LSAT, which one can teach for exorbitant rates. It is also, amazingly, a recession-proof job since when the economy is fucked, more people want to go to law school.

Ah... so you get rich kids to pay you to do their homework and "teach the test" for them.....nice use of philosophy there....

Maybe you haven't heard about this, but the economy is sorta going down the tubes. When someone loses their job, sometimes they can't afford to make car payments, and then loses their car. Similarly some people live with their parents, who can afford a car, while they themselves can't. I know its really quite stupid for people to choose to be born to parents who can't afford more than one car, but really give them a break.

If the only job I can get is waiting tables, DOWNTOWN, and I live 20 miles out in the suburbs, then I MOVE DOWNTOWN!!! I damned sure as HELL don't expect the taxpayers to build a rail line out my neighborhood or even a bus stop at my street corner.

If you are of sound mind and body in this country and you are poor(not temporarily unemployed but chronically poor), it's your OWN FAULT. Not mine, not anyone else's.

Right...because moving is so cheap and inexpensive, and can be done by someone who just lost their job :cuckoo:

Cheaper than not working, or burning all your cash on gasoline or bus fare, that's for sure.

Its called being self employed. I don't get $160 an hour, my max so far has been $150 an hour. I usually charge between $80 and $100. Philosophy gives you a capability to reason in a technical and analytical sense that no other discipline provides. Hence it can allow one to do extremely well on the LSAT, which one can teach for exorbitant rates. It is also, amazingly, a recession-proof job since when the economy is fucked, more people want to go to law school.

Ah... so you get rich kids to pay you to do their homework and "teach the test" for them.....nice use of philosophy there....

Do their homework? No. I teach a complicated and complex test to people. Oh, and by the way, my own LSAT score allowed me to get into a Top 10 law school. By the way, most of my students aren't rich kids. Most of my students pay me out of their own pockets, I just live in a market where $100 an hour is less outrageous than other markets.

If the only job I can get is waiting tables, DOWNTOWN, and I live 20 miles out in the suburbs, then I MOVE DOWNTOWN!!! I damned sure as HELL don't expect the taxpayers to build a rail line out my neighborhood or even a bus stop at my street corner.

If you are of sound mind and body in this country and you are poor(not temporarily unemployed but chronically poor), it's your OWN FAULT. Not mine, not anyone else's.

Right...because moving is so cheap and inexpensive, and can be done by someone who just lost their job :cuckoo:

Cheaper than not working, or burning all your cash on gasoline or bus fare, that's for sure.

When two things are both unaffordable, which one is cheaper is irrelevant.

I get paid about 100-200 an hour, work maybe 5 hours a month, spend the rest of the time doing whatever the hell I want. Highschool drop out, I get clients based on merit only, word of mouth, and turn a lot away (only one major corporation, I prefer working for small business). My actual training is in fast food and restaurant work, I learned computers because I have loved them since ... well Apple IIes were SOTA. Hell, I can't even explain to most people what I do, I just do it, and I do it well people pay me and are more willing to hire me than some college grad. I live downtown, because I got stuck here (prefer rural America) and since I don't drive by choice it's hard to live there with what I do now, so I stay downtown. Buses, that's what they need more of, period. Cars ... bad idea, too expensive, not worth the minimal impact it will have, period.

Do their homework? No. I teach a complicated and complex test to people. Oh, and by the way, my own LSAT score allowed me to get into a Top 10 law school. By the way, most of my students aren't rich kids. Most of my students pay me out of their own pockets, I just live in a market where $100 an hour is less outrageous than other markets.

Never understood why so many kids want to go to law school. The rank and file lawyer makes only a modest living, works ridiculous hours and maybe, if they are lucky (assuming daddy isn't the senior partner) MAY make partner in 20 years and finally make some meaningful money. One of my DBA's quit three years ago to try his hand at being a lawyer having finished #2 in his class at Creighton University Law School. After defaulting on his mortgage he came back to work for me making almost 2X what they paid him as an attorney....and he never saw the inside of a court room in two years.

Law school is a waste of time and money for most who go unless they have connections at prestigious firms. The experienced para-legals will make more than most new lawyers for their first 10 years on the job.... And the unemployment rate for recent grad after 1 year is over 20%

Last edited:

Never understood why so many kids want to go to law school. The rank and file lawyer makes only a modest living, works ridiculous hours and maybe, if they are lucky (assuming daddy isn't the senior partner) MAY make partner in 20 years and finally make some meaningful money. One of my DBA's quit three years ago to try his hand at being a lawyer having finished #2 in his class at Creighton University Law School. After defaulting on his mortgage he came back to work for me making almost 2X what they paid him as an attorney....and he never saw the inside of a court room in two years.

Law school is a waste of time and money for most who go unless they have connections at prestigious firms. The experienced para-legals will make more than most new lawyers for their first 10 years on the job.... And the unemployment rate for recent grad after 1 year is over 20%

The average salary at my school is $150,000 first year out of graduation and the employment rate is 97%....

Lmao...Creighton University? Really? And you obviously know fuck all about decent firms.

Seems like we have a new braggart internet bullshit artist... another great candidate for the publicized ignore list

Shut it, fuckface. Your opinion of me is worthless. If you are going to ignore me, feel free. Its not as if you've responded intelligently to anything anyone has said anyway.

The average salary at my school is $150,000 first year out of graduation and the employment rate is 97%....

Lmao...Creighton University? Really? And you obviously know fuck all about decent firms.

of course it is.....

:rofl:

So since your body isn't public domain its ok for me to beat you up/kill you/etc? Its necessary for someone to prosecute me for hurting you, but not necessary for there to be anything to make you better? Thats the stupidest argument ever.

THE LAW is public domain you retard.. including laws protecting the individual rights of citizens

And last I saw.. assault and battery was against the law

Your ability to provide for yourself is not public domain... you getting yourself around is not something that is public domain for others to encroach on, or to provide for you because you want it...

You have public transit systems for the use of ALL peoples.. you getting provided a car for your individual use is not

Why exactly is the law public domain and health insurance not? I hear repeated assertions that one is, and one is not, and yet none of you assclowns can explain the difference. Hell, you can't even try to do so.

Your ability to provide for yourself is not public domain? So law enforcenment isn't in the public domain? I mean can't everyone just get a gun and protect themself? 2nd Amendment and all, after all.

No, actually, you don't have public transit for ALL peoples. You have transit for people who are lucky enough to live around transit. Thats not ALL peoples.

The law is in place to protect every person as a populous... i.e. the term LAW OF THE LAND... there is not a law pertaining to just one individual in the land... but your well being is inherent to just you as an individual, and is not public domain

Your personal care, or your personal transportation choices, or your personal employment, or your personal earnings, or you personal upkeep is not.. those are housed under individual freedoms

And you DO have public transit for the USE of all peoples.. just because you don't get a light rail line to Bald Knob Arkansas, does not mean you do not have access to USE public transportation that is available in other areas

And it is not luck, on where you live.. it is a motherfucking CHOICE... you are not ordered or forced to live in a certain place..

Or I guess your supposed <snicker> $200 an hour mind cannot quite comprehend the simple differences

of course it is.....

/pat Del. If you have nothing substantial to say, fuck off. Thanks love.

of course it is.....

awww, someone's a little sensitive. tant pis!

so tell me, what is your school?

close cover before striking u.?

devry?

phil's school of law and appliance repair?

enlighten us all.

THE LAW is public domain you retard.. including laws protecting the individual rights of citizens

And last I saw.. assault and battery was against the law

Your ability to provide for yourself is not public domain... you getting yourself around is not something that is public domain for others to encroach on, or to provide for you because you want it...

You have public transit systems for the use of ALL peoples.. you getting provided a car for your individual use is not

Why exactly is the law public domain and health insurance not? I hear repeated assertions that one is, and one is not, and yet none of you assclowns can explain the difference. Hell, you can't even try to do so.

Your ability to provide for yourself is not public domain? So law enforcenment isn't in the public domain? I mean can't everyone just get a gun and protect themself? 2nd Amendment and all, after all.

No, actually, you don't have public transit for ALL peoples. You have transit for people who are lucky enough to live around transit. Thats not ALL peoples.

The law is in place to protect every person as a populous... i.e. the term LAW OF THE LAND... there is not a law pertaining to just one individual in the land... but your well being is inherent to just you as an individual, and is not public domain

Your personal care, or your personal transportation choices, or your personal employment, or your personal earnings, or you personal upkeep is not.. those are housed under individual freedoms

And you DO have public transit for the USE of all peoples.. just because you don't get a light rail line to Bald Knob Arkansas, does not mean you do not have access to USE public transportation that is available in other areas

And it is not luck, on where you live.. it is a motherfucking CHOICE... you are not ordered or forced to live in a certain place..

Or I guess your supposed <snicker> $200 an hour mind cannot quite comprehend the simple differences

Umm, so things that are the law are inherently in the public domain? Is this your claim? Then make healthcare mandatory, it will therefore be a law, and therefore will be in the public domain.

And no, public transit isn't for the use of all peoples if its useless for the people to use it. Saying someone has the ability to do something that is largely useless to them isn't really much of a boon.

And where you grow up isn't a choice, its where your parents were born. Some people can't afford to move.

of course it is.....

devry?

enlighten us all.

Its a top 10 Law School. That limits it to 10 choices, none of which you listed. And no I'm not sensitive, but I prefer posts that actually mean something as opposed to just meaningless garbage.

devry?

enlighten us all.

Its a top 10 Law School. That limits it to 10 choices, none of which you listed. And no I'm not sensitive, but I prefer posts that actually mean something as opposed to just meaningless garbage.

why do you continue to post then? it seems counter intuitive.

suit yourself.

devry?

enlighten us all.

why do you continue to post then? it seems counter intuitive.

suit yourself.

Because it amuses me to point out the meaningless garbage and make people like you whine on the internet. But, that people said, I prefer posts that actually mean something. If you have the capacity to post shit thats meaningful, you'll get a well thought out response. But garbage like what you've posted is just gonna get insults thrown in your face.

Of course, you weren't looking for anything more, where you?

Forum List

Back