Free cars for poor fuel road rage

Its a top 10 Law School. That limits it to 10 choices, none of which you listed. And no I'm not sensitive, but I prefer posts that actually mean something as opposed to just meaningless garbage.

why do you continue to post then? it seems counter intuitive.

suit yourself.

Because it amuses me to point out the meaningless garbage and make people like you whine on the internet.
the only one whining here would seem to be you.
But, that people said, I prefer posts that actually mean something. If you have the capacity to post shit thats meaningful, you'll get a well thought out response.
from whom?
But garbage like what you've posted is just gonna get insults thrown in your face.
you aren't much better at insults than you are at lying, fwiw.

Of course, you weren't looking for anything more, where you?
i'm looking for my bus pass, actually, have you seen it?

Why exactly is the law public domain and health insurance not? I hear repeated assertions that one is, and one is not, and yet none of you assclowns can explain the difference. Hell, you can't even try to do so.

Your ability to provide for yourself is not public domain? So law enforcenment isn't in the public domain? I mean can't everyone just get a gun and protect themself? 2nd Amendment and all, after all.

No, actually, you don't have public transit for ALL peoples. You have transit for people who are lucky enough to live around transit. Thats not ALL peoples.

The law is in place to protect every person as a populous... i.e. the term LAW OF THE LAND... there is not a law pertaining to just one individual in the land... but your well being is inherent to just you as an individual, and is not public domain

Your personal care, or your personal transportation choices, or your personal employment, or your personal earnings, or you personal upkeep is not.. those are housed under individual freedoms

And you DO have public transit for the USE of all peoples.. just because you don't get a light rail line to Bald Knob Arkansas, does not mean you do not have access to USE public transportation that is available in other areas

And it is not luck, on where you live.. it is a motherfucking CHOICE... you are not ordered or forced to live in a certain place..

Or I guess your supposed <snicker> $200 an hour mind cannot quite comprehend the simple differences

Umm, so things that are the law are inherently in the public domain? Is this your claim? Then make healthcare mandatory, it will therefore be a law, and therefore will be in the public domain.

And no, public transit isn't for the use of all peoples if its useless for the people to use it. Saying someone has the ability to do something that is largely useless to them isn't really much of a boon.

And where you grow up isn't a choice, its where your parents were born. Some people can't afford to move.

No... nice try.. but the flaw in your logic is the upkeep of yourself being inherently a personal freedom

You have the right to stuff your gullet full of bean sprouts and broccoli, or you can go on the all butter diet.... you can opt to be a hypochondriac and see a doctor 5 times a week, or to never go... you can opt for the surgery, or you can choose to risk it...

And yes, public transportation is for the use of all.. if you CHOOSE to ride DC metro or WANT to ride DC metro, you can whenever you AVAIL YOURSELF to... And you see... public transport is not inherently set up for the benefit of the individual. A MAJOR reason behind public transportation is for the betterment of the populous cutting down on traffic, pollution, and oh so many other reasons that can be mentioned

Where you live as a motherfucking adult IS a motherfucking choice, you idiot... we are not talking about children riding a school bus to school or some other benefit for MINORS... when you are (supposedly) responsible for yourself when you reach adulthood, NOBODY is forcing you to live in a certain place. You want to move out to Hilo Hawaii, Baton Rouge Louisiana, or Oswego New York, that is your personal choice... but if you move to Oswego, you made your choice and don't get to insist that you get a car to use at the public's expense because you work in Syracuse....

And if you can't afford to move... it is up to you, with your personal freedoms, to do what you have to do to earn what you need to move... you gotta work 3 jobs or take off school for a semester or whatever... that is YOUR responsibility.. not your neighbors, not Joe McShithead in DesMoines, and not the government's.. it is YOURS

Gov. Deval Patrick’s free wheels for welfare recipients program is revving up despite the stalled economy, as the keys to donated cars loaded with state-funded insurance, repairs and even AAA membership are handed out to get them to work.

But the program - fueled by a funding boost despite the state’s fiscal crash - allows those who end up back on welfare to keep the cars anyway.

“It’s mind-boggling. You’ve got people out there saying, ‘I just lost my job. Hey, can I get a free car, too?’ ” said House Minority Leader Brad Jones (R-North Reading).

Free cars for poor fuel road rage - BostonHerald.com

put a thousand dollars worth of food stamps and 10 jars of grey poopon in the front seat ya hear? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

It's all good if they're GMC cars and AIG insurance. We own that already thanks to our CEO, the Obama lama.

Its a top 10 Law School. That limits it to 10 choices, none of which you listed. And no I'm not sensitive, but I prefer posts that actually mean something as opposed to just meaningless garbage.

why do you continue to post then? it seems counter intuitive.

suit yourself.

Because it amuses me to point out the meaningless garbage and make people like you whine on the internet. But, that people said, I prefer posts that actually mean something. If you have the capacity to post shit thats meaningful, you'll get a well thought out response. But garbage like what you've posted is just gonna get insults thrown in your face.

Of course, you weren't looking for anything more, where you?
yet its YOU thats doing the whining

PRICELESS

I have 4 degrees, beyond h.s. BA's in history, sociology, and political science. Two of those from elite school. I also have MS in Ed. Admin. All with honors.

I've been riffed for this coming year, 10 years in parochial school. Granted I hid there, for reasons explained down the post. It doesn't make 'sense' in the idea that poor teachers should have gone first or by seniority. The parents and the kids love me. In fact, once the principal went to the board with her decision, there was backlash. However, the issue here is my principal has felt 'threatened' by me for many years. So, that is what it is. Now she's telling me that it's 99% certain I'll have a position next year, but I really want something else. I've been at the poverty level too long and now have been really kicked in the teeth.

I'm hearing disabled, while I have dual hi-tech hearing aids, my hearing isn't close to normal. Needless to say, I freak in interviews, especially in high school, where there may be as many as 9 sitting around a table. I have to isolate who's talking, to understand them, IF no one speaks over them. Doesn't engender confidence.

But I'm nearly to the point to illustrate that of nearly 300 grads from my school when I've been on staff, 85% have gone on to AP courses and passed. 15 of them have cited me as 'most influential teacher' through yearbooks or newspapers. I was invited to the graduation of one of mine who received a full ride to Yale. I've had grads that have thanked me for full rides to Stanford, Northwestern, CUNY, and U of I.

While I think they were the success, they thanked me and I'm about ready to lend their testimonials to my applications.

See, it's not entitlements, for myself or the kids, but hard work and expectations. I gave many a break, I knew they could do it with encouragement, now it's my turn.

History, sociology, poli-sci??? Yep, that's what business needs. MS in Ed Admin is useful, I suppose, you could be a principal or such....if you were willing to locate anywhere in the US.

Too bad you didn't spend all those $$$'s on getting an Engineering, Nursing, Computer Programming, Actuary Science, Accounting, etc..... degree.....something you could do something with other than teach school. We are actually hiring many of those types of folks.

I finally forced my daughter to drop her music degree, realizing it would never feed her. She went on to get an accounting degree, complete with CPA and then an international finance degree. Not a single person in her old music program are employed outside of teaching grade school music. None have performing arts jobs. All but two in her accounting are employed inside a year of graduation.

This is a word to the wise that have kids thinking about college or a kid in college right now. Spend your money (or your parent's money) on something that business ACTUALLY NEEDS, not on something you think is "cool" or "easy" or "your intellectual fit". At least if you want to do something beside teach high school or work in a low-level government job.

I know I need no, English majors, Music majors, sociologists, kenesiologists, phys ed, recreation management, fine arts, etc.... stuff. I need Engineers, Scientists, programmers, physicists, and mathemeticians.....and I have to go to India to get most of them because we don't make many of those here anymore......

Goddamned right that we do not make many of those here. Most that have talent in those fields have a difficult time paying for their education. Something else we are now making little of is technicians. Electricians and millwrights. The average age of an industrial millwright is now 56. It is a dirty, very physical job that requires constant upgrading of skills. Two problems here. Lack of good, affordable tech schools, and wages that are lower now, in real money terms, than they were 20 years ago.

The very first thing that the Conservatives cut is education funding. So we don't need American engineers. We can just get them from India. And when they go home, taking skills and knowledge that they gained here with them, you will cry about ungrateful foreign workers.

If you look at the number of engineers graduating in China, India, and even South Korea, you will understand why we are becoming a second rate nation technologically.

Bringing in people from India to take our jobs has caused a downturn in people taking classes for those jobs. My nephew graduated from MIT, he worked for Intel, he saw the writing on the wall, he finished his law degree and is taking the bar in July. He knows his job was going to be taken by immigrants...because they are cheaper than Americans. don't give me this crap that we don't produce enough people for those jobs....we do, you just want the cheaper labor. I have a nephew in law that is a freelance software engineer and while he's very good, he's having a hard time finding jobs...I have another nephew with a degree in computer graphics design that is now looking for another vocation.

My husband got a degree in Computer Administration and by the time he finished it, those jobs were gone, overseas.

Let's look at the facts, it's not that we don't have enough Americans to do those jobs, it's that CEOs and the like are looking for the lowest payed person and they've paid off the government to send our jobs overseas and bring in immigrants to take the jobs that remain.

It's about time our government did something for the American citizens instead of the American CEOs

Do their homework? No. I teach a complicated and complex test to people. Oh, and by the way, my own LSAT score allowed me to get into a Top 10 law school. By the way, most of my students aren't rich kids. Most of my students pay me out of their own pockets, I just live in a market where $100 an hour is less outrageous than other markets.

Never understood why so many kids want to go to law school. The rank and file lawyer makes only a modest living, works ridiculous hours and maybe, if they are lucky (assuming daddy isn't the senior partner) MAY make partner in 20 years and finally make some meaningful money. One of my DBA's quit three years ago to try his hand at being a lawyer having finished #2 in his class at Creighton University Law School. After defaulting on his mortgage he came back to work for me making almost 2X what they paid him as an attorney....and he never saw the inside of a court room in two years.

Law school is a waste of time and money for most who go unless they have connections at prestigious firms. The experienced para-legals will make more than most new lawyers for their first 10 years on the job.... And the unemployment rate for recent grad after 1 year is over 20%

The average salary at my school is $150,000 first year out of graduation and the employment rate is 97%....

Lmao...Creighton University? Really? And you obviously know fuck all about decent firms.

....Right.... Whatever you say, Dostoevsky. You are proving to be a forum joke.

History, sociology, poli-sci??? Yep, that's what business needs. MS in Ed Admin is useful, I suppose, you could be a principal or such....if you were willing to locate anywhere in the US.

Too bad you didn't spend all those $$$'s on getting an Engineering, Nursing, Computer Programming, Actuary Science, Accounting, etc..... degree.....something you could do something with other than teach school. We are actually hiring many of those types of folks.

I finally forced my daughter to drop her music degree, realizing it would never feed her. She went on to get an accounting degree, complete with CPA and then an international finance degree. Not a single person in her old music program are employed outside of teaching grade school music. None have performing arts jobs. All but two in her accounting are employed inside a year of graduation.

This is a word to the wise that have kids thinking about college or a kid in college right now. Spend your money (or your parent's money) on something that business ACTUALLY NEEDS, not on something you think is "cool" or "easy" or "your intellectual fit". At least if you want to do something beside teach high school or work in a low-level government job.

I know I need no, English majors, Music majors, sociologists, kenesiologists, phys ed, recreation management, fine arts, etc.... stuff. I need Engineers, Scientists, programmers, physicists, and mathemeticians.....and I have to go to India to get most of them because we don't make many of those here anymore......

Goddamned right that we do not make many of those here. Most that have talent in those fields have a difficult time paying for their education. Something else we are now making little of is technicians. Electricians and millwrights. The average age of an industrial millwright is now 56. It is a dirty, very physical job that requires constant upgrading of skills. Two problems here. Lack of good, affordable tech schools, and wages that are lower now, in real money terms, than they were 20 years ago.

The very first thing that the Conservatives cut is education funding. So we don't need American engineers. We can just get them from India. And when they go home, taking skills and knowledge that they gained here with them, you will cry about ungrateful foreign workers.

If you look at the number of engineers graduating in China, India, and even South Korea, you will understand why we are becoming a second rate nation technologically.

Bringing in people from India to take our jobs has caused a downturn in people taking classes for those jobs. My nephew graduated from MIT, he worked for Intel, he saw the writing on the wall, he finished his law degree and is taking the bar in July. He knows his job was going to be taken by immigrants...because they are cheaper than Americans. don't give me this crap that we don't produce enough people for those jobs....we do, you just want the cheaper labor. I have a nephew in law that is a freelance software engineer and while he's very good, he's having a hard time finding jobs...I have another nephew with a degree in computer graphics design that is now looking for another vocation.

My husband got a degree in Computer Administration and by the time he finished it, those jobs were gone, overseas.

Let's look at the facts, it's not that we don't have enough Americans to do those jobs, it's that CEOs and the like are looking for the lowest payed person and they've paid off the government to send our jobs overseas and bring in immigrants to take the jobs that remain.

It's about time our government did something for the American citizens instead of the American CEOs

Try and hire 25 year old ProKarma contractor for enterprise Java development and tell me how "cheap" it is. The notion that we resource IT offshore for massive savings is preposterous. It would be cheaper in overall TCO of major projects to do it with American talent, but there simply is not enough to go around. You can save money IF you use offshoring correctly, but you have to be very careful what you have them do, and meticulous in your specifications and follow up constantly. But all the important stuff is still done in-house in most major employers.

YOu can spew anectdotes all day long, but that's all they are. Even in a down economy, IT jobs for qualified people are still there, and there are significant limits in what can be successfully offshored.

There are also vast differences in various parts of the Country. The economy has hit hard in the Sun Belt in places like Florida, parts of the northeast with the banking meltdowns, and in parts of the west coast, but in many areas throughout the rest of the country unemployment is still running a scant 4.5-5% and IT employment near 100%.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back