Franklin Graham: Christians Must Take Over Every Mayorship In The Country To Stop 'Evil' LGBT Rights

He has as much right to voice his opinion as does anyone else. Beyoncé comes to mind.
Right...he does..but not tax-exempt.

How is Franklin Graham tax exempt?

He isn't.
His Church ministries are tax exempt but he pays taxes on his salary.

Of course he does. That's one reason Al Sharpton owes the IRS so much in back taxes. Most ministers file a 1040 and itemize deductions. Apparently Al tried to claim some deduction the IRS kicked back on.

For some reason the left thinks that they don't.
They lump it in with the Church.

If you are for less govt and freedom then gay rights and marriage cannot be an issue for you. As a lifelong practicing christian I am calling out my fellow hypocrite christians. Can't have it both ways. And what is the threat gays bring?

Not the issue though is it? The issue is whether or no someone can freely express his/her views.
Where does his right to free speech cut across another persons right to enjoy equality under the law ?

He's not denying anyone any rights. He's simply trying to get some people elected to office that embraces his views. America is doing that very thing right now. We have Super Pacs, special interest groups, billionaires, corporations, Planned Parenthood, and all kinds of people and eentities trying to get their man or woman elected.

Maybe I misread this then. It sounds like he does want to deny people rights.

At a stop in Atlanta this week, Graham spoke about the need for conservative Christians to not only vote, but to run for office, saying that if every city in America had a Christian mayor, we wouldn’t have “evil” and “wicked” policies like LGBT nondiscrimination measures.
- See more at: Franklin Graham: Christians Must Take Over Every Mayorship In The Country To Stop 'Evil' LGBT Rights

If you are for less govt and freedom then gay rights and marriage cannot be an issue for you. As a lifelong practicing christian I am calling out my fellow hypocrite christians. Can't have it both ways. And what is the threat gays bring?

Not the issue though is it? The issue is whether or no someone can freely express his/her views.
Where does his right to free speech cut across another persons right to enjoy equality under the law ?

He's not denying anyone any rights. He's simply trying to get some people elected to office that embraces his views. America is doing that very thing right now. We have Super Pacs, special interest groups, billionaires, corporations, Planned Parenthood, and all kinds of people and eentities trying to get their man or woman elected.

At a stop in Atlanta this week, Graham spoke about the need for conservative Christians to not only vote, but to run for office, saying that if every city in America had a Christian mayor, we wouldn’t have “evil” and “wicked” policies like LGBT nondiscrimination measures.
- See more at: Franklin Graham: Christians Must Take Over Every Mayorship In The Country To Stop 'Evil' LGBT Rights

Actually most of the candidates running for President have agendas that would infringe upon some or the other. Obamacare itself forces people to purchase insurance against their will or pay a fine. We have taxpayers firmly opposed to having their tax money given to Planned Parenthood, yet their money is sent to Planned Parenthood right along with those who support Planned Parenthood. In America, rights are defined by whoever is in power.

It's the other way around.
3,8% gays of this country has now denied the rights of 75% of the Christian country.
This whole thing needs to be done where they have rights as well as Christians.
Not oppressing 75% of the country.
For some reason the left does not want to see this fact.

3,8% gays of this country has now denied the rights of 75% of the Christian country.
Thats a nutty response. Doesnt the constitution guarantee equality to all men ? How is oppressing gays a "right" ?

Actually most of the candidates running for President have agendas that would infringe upon some or the other. Obamacare itself forces people to purchase insurance against their will or pay a fine. We have taxpayers firmly opposed to having their tax money given to Planned Parenthood, yet their money is sent to Planned Parenthood right along with those who support Planned Parenthood. In America, rights are defined by whoever is in power.

Exactly !
That is what is wrong with us all right now, this pick and choose with both parties.
Favors over this or that group.
This Nation is about Freedom for all with a balance.

Thats a nutty response. Doesnt the constitution guarantee equality to all men ? How is oppressing gays a "right" ?

How is forcing someone to purchase a product he doesn't want a "right"? Let's not simply pick and choose, Tommy.

I understand that you have the opportunity to vote against it. That is the fundamental right.
Nobody likes where all of their taxes go but there you go - that is democracy.

It is a statistical fact.

Where did I say oppressing gays?
I said they have rights as well as Christians.

I understand that you have the opportunity to vote against it. That is the fundamental right.

Our founders did not want a democracy.
That is why we have our Constitution.
Rights for all not just some.

How is forcing someone to purchase a product he doesn't want a "right"? Let's not simply pick and choose, Tommy.
Vote against it then, that is your right.

Apart from gays ?

Apart from gays ?

NO

Well, the states also had the opportunity to vote on the gay issue. Overwhelming, the people opposed gay marriage. In a vote of 5 to 4, the Supreme Court made null and void the wishes of the voters. Now, you will come back and protest that the voters had no right to deny gays the right to marry. I accept your view but that does not negate that that was not the wish of the majority of voters. You can't please everybody. Accept it.

Its not even a statistical fact is it ? 75% of the Christian country is not anti gay. And in many churches gay people are made welcome. The people who want to deny people their rights are a rump of bigots who have a hate agenda.

Well, the states also had the opportunity to vote on the gay issue. Overwhelming, the people opposed gay marriage. In a vote of 5 to 4, the Supreme Court made null and void the wishes of the voters. Now, you will come back and protest that the voters had no right to deny gays the right to marry. I accept your view but that does not negate that that was not the wish of the majority of voters. You can't please everybody. Accept it.
Slavery was acceptable at one time. Doesnt make it right.

Its not even a statistical fact is it ? 75% of the Christian country is not anti gay. And in many churches gay people are made welcome. The people who want to deny people their rights are a rump of bigots who have a hate agenda.

I never said that they were anti-gay.
What part of both have rights that I said are you ignoring?
The subject is the forcing of their marriage rights over Christian believes which is guaranteed in the constitution.
There is a way for them to have their rights as well and Christians.
The way it has been done was wrong and is now suppressing Christians rights.
But the left don't seem to want to see this.

Makes one wonder why the majority of voters in the states voted against it. Many voters do not attend any church at all.

Slavery was acceptable at one time. Doesnt make it right.

It was Christians that led the underground railroads.

Makes one wonder why the majority of voters in the states voted against it. Many voters do not attend any church at all.

You don't have to attend Church in order to be a Christian.

Forum List

Back