Franken: 'So thrilled' at Minn. Senate race win

You self decalaring consitutional scholars who claim that Lincoln illegally suspended writ of Habeas Corpus don't know the constituion as well as you pretend to"
US consitution
Article 1 Section 9

The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

Lincoln did illegally suspend the writ of Habeas Corpus. Article 1 of the Constitution isn't about the presidents powers.

Got a link to back up your correct comment?

Air America-Gloria Wise loan controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And more good news, Franken didn't pay his taxes, making him the perfect Obama supporter. :lol:

Or Republican supporter, considering all the tax breaks and loopholes Obama closed that the GOP opened for offshore corporations and the mega rich. But Obama still let you guys keep the Bush tax breaks, at least until they expire. You know they expire, right? And there is a reason they weren't made permenant. Actually, they should have been taken back after the Iraq war, but the GOP kept them in place. That's partly why we are bankrupt. That's all part of why this is still Bush's/The GOP Majority from 2000-2006's mess.

Do you really want us to forget that? But you'll lie and say its the 2007 & 08 Pelosi/Reed's that did it, even though they couldn't get anything done. That's when Bush got fiscally conservative, except for the war and how the GOP caused the crash.

It's sooo deep I can't explain it all. But you do realize also $4 gas caused the crash too, right? And you argued that the oil companies should make those record profits.

And pork records were made by GOP in 2003-2008. They bring home more bacon. Or did you want us to forget that too?

You ask us to forget so much. Its hard.

You self decalaring consitutional scholars who claim that Lincoln illegally suspended writ of Habeas Corpus don't know the constituion as well as you pretend to"
US consitution
Article 1 Section 9

The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

Lincoln did illegally suspend the writ of Habeas Corpus. Article 1 of the Constitution isn't about the presidents powers.

However, Article 1 Section 9 clearly states that Habeas Corpus can be suspended. Therefore, the question would be who has the right to suspended it; The President? Congress? The Supreme Court?

I don't know the answer to that, but I would put my money on the President simply because of precedent.

Immie

NPR is talking about Franken and what he should do. He should model himself after Barnie Frank. I love him. You can tell the right fears him by how much they demonize and lie about Barnie. And in 2003 the GOP wrote a book about 100 people ruining America and Franken was number 27, so you know they fear him big time.

Al Franken is really whitty. He has a way of making the rights talking points seem pathetic. He needs to debate these GOP'ers a lot because the smear campaign will be fearce. But don't become a target for the right.

Use your celebrity. It takes years for Senators to become known nationally. Franken has that day one. Lead on the Blue Dog sellouts to help fix what is wrong with America.

Al Franken is not a sellout. At least not yet. The right wouldn't attack him so hard if he were one of them.

Al Franken went to Harvard, same as Obama. He's not just a commedian, unless you don't really value education. Tell us right wingers, do you value education? Because you seem to belittle Harvard.

:lol:

the whole fricking democwatic party is a sellout,, sellout the US of KKKA.. go ACORN

However, Article 1 Section 9 clearly states that Habeas Corpus can be suspended. Therefore, the question would be who has the right to suspended it; The President? Congress? The Supreme Court?

I don't know the answer to that, but I would put my money on the President simply because of precedent.

Immie

Congress, and ONLY Congress. It is in the section dealing with Congressional powers, and therefore only Congress has the right to suspend Habeas.

What is less clear is whether Congress can delegate that right.

More neg rep for you asshole, I have told you dozens of times I am not 'you guys' and have never been a republican.

YOU are the one that supports these assholes, Democrat and Republican, and its a dead certaincy you were the #1 Bushbot when he was popular.

Got a link to back up your correct comment?

Air America-Gloria Wise loan controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And more good news, Franken didn't pay his taxes, making him the perfect Obama supporter. :lol:

Or Republican supporter, considering all the tax breaks and loopholes Obama closed that the GOP opened for offshore corporations and the mega rich. But Obama still let you guys keep the Bush tax breaks, at least until they expire. You know they expire, right? And there is a reason they weren't made permenant. Actually, they should have been taken back after the Iraq war, but the GOP kept them in place. That's partly why we are bankrupt. That's all part of why this is still Bush's/The GOP Majority from 2000-2006's mess.

Do you really want us to forget that? But you'll lie and say its the 2007 & 08 Pelosi/Reed's that did it, even though they couldn't get anything done. That's when Bush got fiscally conservative, except for the war and how the GOP caused the crash.

It's sooo deep I can't explain it all. But you do realize also $4 gas caused the crash too, right? And you argued that the oil companies should make those record profits.

And pork records were made by GOP in 2003-2008. They bring home more bacon. Or did you want us to forget that too?

You ask us to forget so much. Its hard.

:lol:

the whole fricking democwatic party is a sellout,, sellout the US of KKKA.. go ACORN

What exactly are you implying Willow? Are you saying:

The USA is racist?

The Dems are racist?

Are you suggesting the GOP are not sellouts? So now you are the naive one. It doesn't matter Willow baby. They're all the same. Or now do you see the difference? Oh, funny how I'm silly for seeing a difference but not you.

Are Republicans sellouts Willblow?

For now, I will stand corrected as to privilige/right discussion... for now.

However, I never declared myself a "constitutional scholar".

Also, I have read that you have the "right to petition" for a Writ of Habeus Corpus. Maybe that is the difference. Regardless, the Writ of Habeus Corpus is a protection for us from an out of control government.

It would be tragic if we allowed them to discard Habeus Corpus at their own whim without any legal protection for us citizens.

Immie

I Accept your Concession on the Point...

There is nothing that Wears me More than People Misrepresenting the Constitution...

"Rights" is Tossed around Wrecklessly and Ignorantly ALL of the Time.

And as for the SCOTUS... Because they say it, don't Make it a Right...

Example is Dred Scott....

And Roe v Wade... Eventually.

Anyway, there is no "Separation of Church and State" in the Constitution either, but Ignorant Liberals Regurgitate that TRIPE all of the Time because a Simple Majority of the Despotic Branch overstepped it's Constitutional Boundaries and Molested the Constitution...

Hopefully, that will one day be Fixed also.

:)

peace...

Let me pull one from your right wing gomotherfuckingp playbook.

Wiki? :cuckoo::eusa_liar::lol:
It's not a 'playbook' you idiot, anyone from NY knows about this.

Stuart kept the money too, like the fucking low life he is! :lol:

I did a control F to see who stuart is and nothing came up. You mean john stewart of the daily show? Martha Stewart? Who are you talking about?

And so Franken is guilty for working for Air America?

How about how Viacom and the other 5-10 media giants own all the stations and won't promote liberal talk because they are afraid of the truth?

Let the right wingers start to attack you senator Franken. Just remember, you're good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it, at least 350 more like you than they did Norm Coleman. :eusa_pray:

Ha ha ha, you have an excuse for everything!

This happened years ago, and ol SS was guilty as sin.

They paid his salary with charity money and he never offered one penny back!

A true classic, and here you are licking his dick as your newest senatorial hero!

It is true what they say, if Hitler retruned and ran as a democrat, people like you would make excuses for him! :lol:

Let me pull one from your right wing gomotherfuckingp playbook.

Wiki? :cuckoo::eusa_liar::lol:

I did a control F to see who stuart is and nothing came up. You mean john stewart of the daily show? Martha Stewart? Who are you talking about?

How about how Viacom and the other 5-10 media giants own all the stations and won't promote liberal talk because they are afraid of the truth?

Let the right wingers start to attack you senator Franken. Just remember, you're good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it, at least 350 more like you than they did Norm Coleman. :eusa_pray:

Also, I have read that you have the "right to petition" for a Writ of Habeus Corpus. Maybe that is the difference. Regardless, the Writ of Habeus Corpus is a protection for us from an out of control government.

It would be tragic if we allowed them to discard Habeus Corpus at their own whim without any legal protection for us citizens.

Immie

There is nothing that Wears me More than People Misrepresenting the Constitution...

Anyway, there is no "Separation of Church and State" in the Constitution either, but Ignorant Liberals Regurgitate that TRIPE all of the Time because a Simple Majority of the Despotic Branch overstepped it's Constitutional Boundaries and Molested the Constitution...

peace...

What a nut job. :cuckoo:

But I love it. At least you are honest.

You die hard right wing constitutionalists admit that you consider our so called "rights" debatable.

And you say dems are the one taking away rights when they ban smoking but you allow Bush to take important rights away like due process and privacy.

No seperation of chuch and state? So we are now a muslim nation? Because Obama is a muslim, right?

Bill of rights. Sixth Amendment – Trial by jury and rights of the accused; Confrontation Clause, speedy trial, public trial, right to counsel

Yes, due process is a right.

United States Bill of Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wikiwikiwiki shut up!

Dude you are everything the Bushbots were, and more.

No crime is to much, no misdeed cannot be excused, nothing will tarnish your unflaging faith in your political party.

Quite simply put Bobo, you are a ideologue.

Until you start understanding that both parties suck and DO NOT have your best interests at heart, you will continue to be forced to support day care center embazlers, tax cheats and assorted other losers like SENATOR Al Franken.

Immie

peace...

You die hard right wing constitutionalists admit that you consider our so called "rights" debatable.

And you say dems are the one taking away rights when they ban smoking but you allow Bush to take important rights away like due process and privacy.

No seperation of chuch and state? So we are now a muslim nation? Because Obama is a muslim, right?

Bill of rights. Sixth Amendment – Trial by jury and rights of the accused; Confrontation Clause, speedy trial, public trial, right to counsel

wikiwikiwiki shut up!

Ha ha ha, you have an excuse for everything!

This happened years ago, and ol SS was guilty as sin.

They paid his salary with charity money and he never offered one penny back!

A true classic, and here you are licking his dick as your newest senatorial hero!

It is true what they say, if Hitler retruned and ran as a democrat, people like you would make excuses for him! :lol:

I worked for a guy who was found guilty on fraud for robbing the students of a private christian university. William Tyndale U. He owed me a weeks pay too.

Do you think I gave back my salary? Fuck that. Not my responsibility.

How about the people who worked for Bernie Madoff? Should his maids give their salaries back?

Immie

peace...

I agree that simply because the SCOTUS says it that doesn't make it right. However, in this case if they said it is a right then it would be a right. However, as I said, my reading on this (taken from Wiki as a refresher) is that you have the "right" to petition the court for a "Writ of Habeas Corpus" not that you have a right to Habeas Corpus. Maybe that is a small difference to some but to me it says "you can petition to the court for the writ. The court does not have to grant it".

Immie

Last edited:
Dude you are everything the Bushbots were, and more.

No crime is to much, no misdeed cannot be excused, nothing will tarnish your unflaging faith in your political party.

Quite simply put Bobo, you are a ideologue.

Until you start understanding that both parties suck and DO NOT have your best interests at heart, you will continue to be forced to support day care center embazlers, tax cheats and assorted other losers like SENATOR Al Franken.

peace...

wikiwikiwiki shut up!

No, you don't have our best interests in mind. You are only in it for you. You think it should be every man for himself.

No, your petty little slanderous shit isn't impressing me yet. Catch him with his hands in the cookie jar and then get back to me.

No, not when Bush got to lie us into war and we couldn't get "independents" like you on board to impeach him.

And you don't care about $9 trillion when corporate bankers steal it but you tea bag pelosi for $700 bill.

No they are not all the same. If they were, the right wouldn't be so mad.

And who do you like? Who are these richous people you keep tucked away? I'm dying to know who you put your faith in. Bob Barr? Then you are the biggest fucking idiot of them all.

We can get anything we want done if we lean on these 10 Senators:

These Democratic Senators have NOT agreed to support healthcare reform:

Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-AR)

Senator Tom Carper (D-DE)

Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA)

Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR)

Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL)

Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA)

Senator Kay Hagan (D-NC)

Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND)

Senator Max Baucus (D-MT)

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)

So we can't get them to fix the problem because people like you tell them you like the status quo.

Can't fix oil because you won't admit corporations are lying thieves!

And we can't tax or tariff companies that send jobs abroad because you provide them with cover.

And we can't fix nafta because you argue for free trade.

And we can't fix immigration because you support the senators that won't go after the illegal employers.

And we can't get out of iraq because the dems can't look weak on defense to voters like you.

And they won't help unions because you are anti labor.

One of the favored tools of the ideolouge is the moral equivilency.

Ethics, right and wrong don't exist in shades of grey.

Either you believe in right and wrong or you don't.

You are right here telling us you don't, so why should anyone take your opinion seriously, when you just showed us all you have no moral center, that its all about party affiliation?

When people think for themselves the world changes for the better.

When they don't you hear excuses and the bad times roll.

I worked for a guy who was found guilty on fraud for robbing the students of a private christian university. William Tyndale U. He owed me a weeks pay too.

How about the people who worked for Bernie Madoff? Should his maids give their salaries back?

One of the favored tools of the ideolouge is the moral equivilency.

Ethics, right and wrong don't exist in shades of grey.

you think liberals or the left is the only ones praticing situational ethics?

Either you believe in right and wrong or you don't.

you can still believe in right or wrong but you can still be a total hypocrite about it

You are right here telling us you don't, so why should anyone take your opinion seriously, when you just showed us all you have no moral center, that its all about party affiliation?

When people think for themselves the world changes for the better.

When they don't you hear excuses and the bad times roll.

and if you think sealy is such a joke why are y ou engaging with him? just curious

in my opinion....the democrats now have total control...not a good thing....for either party....franken is a joke...a bad one

Forum List

Back