Fractals

Fractal trees:

00041-1280x800.jpg

The newer ones are pretty...but I like the older ones better. They seem more...soft. The new ones have too many...whats the word I want?...lines. Or circles. Or a combination of. Too...studied.

1/2, 1/2, I think. The olders ones are cooler in that they are most unpredictable. The newer ones are also often more than one fractal squished together.

Some of the older ones remind me of Rorschach blots. :)

These are called FRACTAL RECURSIONS. Well actually, every fractal could theoretically be called a recursion, but a true recursion means that the pattern repeats itself into infinity and if you were to not cut the picture off somewhere, it would simply never end...

fractal-516124d.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason, when I see this one, it reminds me of the visual representation of a MOOG synthesizer. It's just a strange visual to auditory channel I have going... maybe some other musicians would like to pipe in on this one:

fractal-81972.jpg

Last edited:
You will notice a similarity between postings 45, 47 and this one:

fractal-22892.jpg

That's because a fractal programmer, when he is creating, often just changes one small variable and leaves the rest the same, but the next pic is definitely different. He then changes a different variable and yet another pic pops out. Kind of like small, ongoing mutations.

[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION] [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] [MENTION=34688]Grandma[/MENTION] [MENTION=45164]pacer[/MENTION] [MENTION=41303]katsteve2012[/MENTION] [MENTION=45886]Mad_Cabbie[/MENTION] [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION] [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION] [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] [MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION] [MENTION=41985]drifter[/MENTION] [MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] [MENTION=3135]jillian[/MENTION] [MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION] @Dot_Com [MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION] [MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION] [MENTION=48060]guno[/MENTION] [MENTION=46804]RandomVariable[/MENTION] [MENTION=21524]oldfart[/MENTION] [MENTION=30999]daws101[/MENTION] [MENTION=36154]Roudy[/MENTION] [MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION] [MENTION=40495]AngelsNDemons[/MENTION] [MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION] [MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION] [MENTION=13805]Againsheila[/MENTION]

Just some friends I wanted to invite. Sure I forgot some, did this off the top of my head real fast.

Hope you enjoy the fractals and hope you all might want to throw some out there. There are just tons of them to go through and enjoy, all public domain.

For instance, at this website alone:

Fractals - Fractal Recursions

There are ca. 2,000 fractals!

And that is just one website. Wow.

I'm going to try to post 10-20 fractals a day starting tomorrow. Hope you all find something you like, if it interests you. :)

Please do not quote this posting, otherwise, the mention list will be sent out again. Thanks!

I have a bunch in Eye Candy but they are all spread around. Next time I see some while browsing Pinterest, at least I know where to put them now.
[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] -

If that's ok with you, not trying to step on the eye candy stuff at all, but fractals are just so different, I thought they could use a thread of their own.

:)
Nice place. Unfortunately, I won't be able to post a logo in my signature block unless I drop one of the other logos. The sigblock allows only 10 images.

Last edited:
I have a bunch in Eye Candy but they are all spread around. Next time I see some while browsing Pinterest, at least I know where to put them now.
[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] -

If that's ok with you, not trying to step on the eye candy stuff at all, but fractals are just so different, I thought they could use a thread of their own.

:)
Nice place. Unfortunately, I won't be able to post a logo in my signature block unless I drop one of the other logos. The sigblock allows only 10 images.

No biggie, your sig block looks good as it is. The math geeks and my friends will find this place!!!

I have a question for those who know more, is this a fractal? If it is, I have a few more where this came form, if not, I'll take it off-someone let me know, thanks.

1727aaf217619d5adcc392cf0c64d9be.jpg

I love fractals.....their varieties are never-ending....

b72b358184717479cab6a644d0aceffa.jpg
WOW!!! That is my favourite colour. Soooo beautiful. Thank you for posting it. If I was to use any of the fractals as a logo in my siggie, I'd use this one. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back