Frack off

You don't think that everyone who ever worked there and later got cancer can blame it on San Onofre, do you?
Actually the union families are pretty tight and yes others that worked there had associative cancer from working there.

Unless there was some sort of radioactive release, not a lot of extra cancers can be blamed on working there.
So you think the expert doctors are telling lies?

The plural of anecdote is not data.
You really do make your self look ridiculous on this issue if you think the majority are not aware of the dangers of radium and radiation at this point.

Your father was exposed to radium at the plant? What was his job there?

Actually the union families are pretty tight and yes others that worked there had associative cancer from working there.

Unless there was some sort of radioactive release, not a lot of extra cancers can be blamed on working there.

You really do make your self look ridiculous on this issue if you think the majority are not aware of the dangers of radium and radiation at this point.

Ask your self what kind of union jobs are done at a nuclear plant. No I've gave you enough personal information and I am not going to go back and forth on nuclear with you. There is a whole lot of people gathered to do that already.

Ask your self what kind of union jobs are done at a nuclear plant. No I've gave you enough personal information and I am not going to go back and forth on nuclear with you. There is a whole lot of people gathered to do that already.

I'm asking myself what kind of union job would expose someone to radium.
Not coming up with an answer.

IMO this is one of those things that shot out of the gate so fast that the regulations haven't been able to keep pace.

I'm all for cheap fossil fuels. who doesn't like a bit of relief at the pump after $4-5/gallon gas. Dropping 60 bucks to fill sucks. And I can't say that seeing the Saudis and their ilk take a solid kick to the nuts isn't more than a little satisfying.

What I'm not in favor of is cheap gas at any cost, regardless of risk or consequence.

When you can light the tap water in a community on fire something is wrong.

As with a lot of things (Big Pharma I'm looking at you) I think these people know how to get a result, in this case pulling fossil fuels out, but don't have the first damn clue about what the consequences really are and, truth be told, couldn't give a shit.

My suspicion is that the the oil and gas folks are pumping more money than than gas into DC to keep the regulatory dogs at bay for as long as possible.

My guess is that you're a douche bag who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. The "tap water on fire" thing was proven to be a hoax.

IMO this is one of those things that shot out of the gate so fast that the regulations haven't been able to keep pace.

I'm all for cheap fossil fuels. who doesn't like a bit of relief at the pump after $4-5/gallon gas. Dropping 60 bucks to fill sucks. And I can't say that seeing the Saudis and their ilk take a solid kick to the nuts isn't more than a little satisfying.

What I'm not in favor of is cheap gas at any cost, regardless of risk or consequence.

As with a lot of things (Big Pharma I'm looking at you) I think these people know how to get a result, in this case pulling fossil fuels out, but don't have the first damn clue about what the consequences really are and, truth be told, couldn't give a shit.

My suspicion is that the the oil and gas folks are pumping more money than than gas into DC to keep the regulatory dogs at bay for as long as possible.

My guess is that you're a douche bag who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. The "tap water on fire" thing was proven to be a hoax.

Your guess is flat wrong fuck face.

I develop sensing technologies for, among other things, the oil and gas industries. In other words douchenozzle I know exactly what I'm talking about in terms of these sorts of technologies/regulations for this being behind the curve.

ETA: and BTW, I was clear in that I am not against fracking. I'm only againt allowing greed to push things too fast to the point where we really do not not know what the impacts of our actions will be, as happens whenever there is all that lovely money to be had.

Last edited:

I develop sensing technologies for, among other things, the oil and gas industries. In other words douchenozzle I know exactly what I'm talking about in terms of these sorts of technologies/regulations for this being behind the curve.

ETA: and BTW, I was clear in that I am not against fracking. I'm only againt allowing greed to push things too fast to the point where we really do not not know what the impacts of our actions will be, as happens whenever there is all that lovely money to be had.

We already know. The issue has been investigated ad nauseum and litigated. If you knew your ass from a hole in the ground you would at least know that, but you don't.

We already know. The issue has been investigated ad nauseum and litigated. If you knew your ass from a hole in the ground you would at least know that, but you don't.

Sure, your internet google skills are clearly greater than decades of actual first hand work.

Of course it's been litigated. And of course big oil has plenty of money to do so, and influence lawmakers, something else I also mentioned already. So did big tobacco, the automakers and big pharma today.

Quite simply you know nothing of the technologies, nothing of the dangers and are too fucking stupid to for two seconds listen to anyone that gores your sacred cow with a simple message of caution in the face of large corporate greed running out in front of reasonable measures. If you can't process that simple message your head is so far up your ass that not even I could find it.

Sure, your internet google skills are clearly greater than decades of actual first hand work.

Of course it's been litigated. And of course big oil has plenty of money to do so, and influence lawmakers, something else I also mentioned already. So did big tobacco, the automakers and big pharma today.

Quite simply you know nothing of the technologies, nothing of the dangers and are too fucking stupid to for two seconds listen to anyone that gores your sacred cow with a simple message of caution in the face of large corporate greed running out in front of reasonable measures. If you can't process that simple message your head is so far up your ass that not even I could find it.

My father was a petroleum geologist, so I think I know a thing or two about the technology. You sound exactly like the usual anti-technology leftwing douche bag. You haven't produced a single shred of evidence that fracking is dangerous. All you've done is issue scary warnings about "big pharma" and "big oil" just like any leftwing douche bag would.

My father was a petroleum geologist, so I think I know a thing or two about the technology. You sound exactly like the usual anti-technology leftwing douche bag. You haven't produced a single shred of evidence that fracking is dangerous. All you've done is issue scary warnings about "big pharma" and "big oil" just like any leftwing douche bag would.

First, I'm about as left wing as you are. On this issue I advocate caution. That does not make me left wing, it makes me sensible.

Second, I don't give a damn what your daddy did x number of years ago or what you think you know because of what he did.

Third, if using common sense to point out the obvious fact that large companies will spend whatever necessary to pursue their interests via court actions and lobbyists is an alien concept, you're so buried by your own dogma that you won't allow yourself to utilize common sense.

Here's a fact, the epa is pushing for the abandonment of ionizing radioactive isotopes as radiation sources in the systems used to inspect wells for integrity issues, such as casement cracking. They are doing it in part because of the dangers presented by fracking in terms of unwanted things leeching to places where they are not intended to go. I know this because I am one of the people working to replace these isotopes with non-ionizing radiation sources.

You can continue to claim that I know nothing, but it's simply not so. Millions upon millions of dollars are being spent on these things, and we are, without question, well behind the curve in terms of what we'd like to have in terms of proper tools. That bothers me- and a lot of other people that actually have an eyeball on this stuff.

And again, I'm not advocating for abandonment of fracking at all, but do not think that allowing corporations, that have proven time and time again that they care only about money, to run out in front of sensible safety measures is a particularly smart thing to do.

Forum List

Back