Frack off

IMO this is one of those things that shot out of the gate so fast that the regulations haven't been able to keep pace.

I'm all for cheap fossil fuels. who doesn't like a bit of relief at the pump after $4-5/gallon gas. Dropping 60 bucks to fill sucks. And I can't say that seeing the Saudis and their ilk take a solid kick to the nuts isn't more than a little satisfying.

What I'm not in favor of is cheap gas at any cost, regardless of risk or consequence.

When you can light the tap water in a community on fire something is wrong.

As with a lot of things (Big Pharma I'm looking at you) I think these people know how to get a result, in this case pulling fossil fuels out, but don't have the first damn clue about what the consequences really are and, truth be told, couldn't give a shit.

My suspicion is that the the oil and gas folks are pumping more money than than gas into DC to keep the regulatory dogs at bay for as long as possible.

IMO this is one of those things that shot out of the gate so fast that the regulations haven't been able to keep pace.

I'm all for cheap fossil fuels. who doesn't like a bit of relief at the pump after $4-5/gallon gas. Dropping 60 bucks to fill sucks. And I can't say that seeing the Saudis and their ilk take a solid kick to the nuts isn't more than a little satisfying.

What I'm not in favor of is cheap gas at any cost, regardless of risk or consequence.

As with a lot of things (Big Pharma I'm looking at you) I think these people know how to get a result, in this case pulling fossil fuels out, but don't have the first damn clue about what the consequences really are and, truth be told, couldn't give a shit.

My suspicion is that the the oil and gas folks are pumping more money than than gas into DC to keep the regulatory dogs at bay for as long as possible.

******* ENERGY IS DA BOMB !!!! *****

Yeah, it means you have methane in your water table. Happened well before fracking got big.

Yeah, it means you have methane in your water table. Happened well before fracking got big.

Or you've released methane into your water table.

I'm not against fracking per se. I do think we're seeing a bit of the wild-wild west element right now in this field, which is on the new side.

The techniques and regulations will catch up, but we're gonna see some broken eggs, I think, before that happens. When there's this much money to be made a lot goes by the wayside as companies rush in to collect that bank, and this is no different, IMO. Pump first, ask questions later if you will.....

I have a simple minded question------how about LOTS MORE TESTING of
public water supplies ??? -------I am horrified re: the possibilities of
EPIDEMIC and also TERRORIST ADULTERATION

Anyone going with fracking is okay is either bought and paid for, has money in it or totally asinine. If the Republicans stay with this shit they will continue to let the Democrats supporting tear down of the society have free reign.

Your Burning Strawmen are a bigger threat to the U.S. than is Fracking.

Just sayin'.

Fracking is on the run. We need to stay strong though.

Underground Coal Gasification Collapse Shows Fragility Of Fracking
Thanks for the link. A good video on this.

We could use nuclear energy, but the enviroweenies don't like that either.

Call me an enviroweenie. Start upgrading. Instead of putting raw shit loose everywhere start building smaller facilities for methane. Invest in things that do not or can not destroy every bit of enviroment around it or like Fukushima radiating half of the f'ing world.

Anyone going with fracking is okay is either bought and paid for, has money in it or totally asinine. If the Republicans stay with this shit they will continue to let the Democrats supporting tear down of the society have free reign.

Or they realize that cheap, reliable energy is a good thing.
Solar and wind wouldn't do very much for me in a Chicago winter.

another simple minded question----why not?

Call me an enviroweenie. Start upgrading. Instead of putting raw shit loose everywhere start building smaller facilities for methane. Invest in things that do not or can not destroy every bit of enviroment around it or like Fukushima radiating half of the f'ing world.

Call me an enviroweenie. Start upgrading.

I agree, upgrade and expand our nuclear plants.

Why don't wind and solar help keep me warm during a dark, cold winter?

I disagree nuclear waste is deadly and I could imagine you don't want it in your backyard either.

Why don't wind and solar help keep me warm during a dark, cold winter?
Chicago needs to build an incinerator generator and start burning all the trash that is generated there. Sorry but the big plans are killing off too many people. Think more locally and divest what you have available. Use coal and scrubbers if you have to but leave the radiation and radium water polluting frackers off.

I disagree nuclear waste is deadly and I could imagine you don't want it in your backyard either.

I disagree nuclear waste is deadly

Obama said global warming is the biggest threat. No CO2 from nukes.

I could imagine you don't want it in your backyard either.

Depends, how much will you pay for me to store it?

I disagree nuclear waste is deadly

Obama said global warming is the biggest threat. No CO2 from nukes.

I could imagine you don't want it in your backyard either.

Depends, how much will you pay for me to store it?

No you can pollute your neighbors yard either by taking money to store shit in your yard that will pollute their yard.

Forum List

Back