Frack off

I have a simple minded question------how about LOTS MORE TESTING of
public water supplies ??? -------I am horrified re: the possibilities of
EPIDEMIC and also TERRORIST ADULTERATION
Anyone going with fracking is okay is either bought and paid for, has money in it or totally asinine. If the Republicans stay with this shit they will continue to let the Democrats supporting tear down of the society have free reign.

Or they realize that cheap, reliable energy is a good thing.
Solar and wind wouldn't do very much for me in a Chicago winter.

another simple minded question----why not?

Why don't wind and solar help keep me warm during a dark, cold winter?
Chicago needs to build an incinerator generator and start burning all the trash that is generated there. Sorry but the big plans are killing off too many people. Think more locally and divest what you have available. Use coal and scrubbers if you have to but leave the radiation and radium water polluting frackers off.

fracking creates radiation pollution? oh----I did not know. ------"radium"?----
where does the radium come in, in the FRACKING process?

I have a simple minded question------how about LOTS MORE TESTING of
public water supplies ??? -------I am horrified re: the possibilities of
EPIDEMIC and also TERRORIST ADULTERATION
Anyone going with fracking is okay is either bought and paid for, has money in it or totally asinine. If the Republicans stay with this shit they will continue to let the Democrats supporting tear down of the society have free reign.

Chicago needs to build an incinerator generator and start burning all the trash that is generated there. Sorry but the big plans are killing off too many people. Think more locally and divest what you have available. Use coal and scrubbers if you have to but leave the radiation and radium water polluting frackers off.

Chicago needs to build an incinerator generator and start burning all the trash that is generated their.

CO2 and heavy metal waste.

Sorry but the big plans are killing off too many people.

How many people have been killed by US civilian nuclear reactors?

We could use nuclear energy, but the enviroweenies don't like that either.
Call me an enviroweenie. Start upgrading. Instead of putting raw shit loose everywhere start building smaller facilities for methane. Invest in things that do not or can not destroy every bit of enviroment around it or like Fukushima radiating half of the f'ing world.

Call me an enviroweenie. Start upgrading.

I agree, upgrade and expand our nuclear plants.
I disagree nuclear waste is deadly and I could imagine you don't want it in your backyard either.

I disagree nuclear waste is deadly

Obama said global warming is the biggest threat. No CO2 from nukes.

I could imagine you don't want it in your backyard either.

Depends, how much will you pay for me to store it?
No you can pollute your neighbors yard either by taking money to store shit in your yard that will pollute their yard.

Why do you feel modern waste containers would pollute my neighbor's yard?

Radium is in the ground. When they frack it releases it into the water table along with the polluting chemicals that they use and any other pollutant in the ground. Like mining. If I mined silver lead and mercury is released along with other pollutants that are disastrous to living organism, human or animals either one.

Call me an enviroweenie. Start upgrading. Instead of putting raw shit loose everywhere start building smaller facilities for methane. Invest in things that do not or can not destroy every bit of enviroment around it or like Fukushima radiating half of the f'ing world.

I disagree nuclear waste is deadly and I could imagine you don't want it in your backyard either.

No you can pollute your neighbors yard either by taking money to store shit in your yard that will pollute their yard.

No one has come up with a full safe long term storage for waste yet. Why create waste will last for hundreds and thousands of years? Hell they are still cleaning up old mine sites from a hundred years ago. Idaho had to spend a small fortune to get their shit cleaned up after they discovered it was leaking into the aquifer. Nuclear is a short term fix with extensive long term problems.

IMO this is one of those things that shot out of the gate so fast that the regulations haven't been able to keep pace.

I'm all for cheap fossil fuels. who doesn't like a bit of relief at the pump after $4-5/gallon gas. Dropping 60 bucks to fill sucks. And I can't say that seeing the Saudis and their ilk take a solid kick to the nuts isn't more than a little satisfying.

What I'm not in favor of is cheap gas at any cost, regardless of risk or consequence.

When you can light the tap water in a community on fire something is wrong.

As with a lot of things (Big Pharma I'm looking at you) I think these people know how to get a result, in this case pulling fossil fuels out, but don't have the first damn clue about what the consequences really are and, truth be told, couldn't give a shit.

My suspicion is that the the oil and gas folks are pumping more money than than gas into DC to keep the regulatory dogs at bay for as long as possible.

Your Burning Strawmen are a bigger threat to the U.S. than is Fracking.

Just sayin'.

Oh, and what strawman argument are you referring to?

Radium is in the ground. When they frack it releases it into the water table along with the polluting chemicals that they use and any other pollutant in the ground. Like mining. If I mined silver lead and mercury is released along with other pollutants that are disastrous to living organism, human or animals either one.

thanks------more reason for more careful---WATER TESTING----lots of things
pollute the water-----some time ago it turned out that we are all ingesting
SSRI anti - depressants (not really a bad thing)

Last edited:

No one has come up with a full safe long term storage for waste yet. Why create waste will last for hundreds and thousands of years? Hell they are still cleaning up old mine sites from a hundred years ago. Idaho had to spend a small fortune to get their shit cleaned up after they discovered it was leaking into the aquifer. Nuclear is a short term fix with extensive long term problems.

The waste mostly breaks down to uranium, americium and plutonium. Easily handled. Useful fuel.
You don't need to bury it forever. That would be stupid and wasteful.

Very cool video that shows long term decay products.
No need to bury stuff for 1,000,000 years.

thanks------more reason for more careful---WATER TESTING----lots of things
pollute the water-----some time ago it turned out that we are all injesting
SSRI anti - depressants (not really a bad thing)
I'd passed on the anti-depressant meds but hey everyone gets a choice I guess.

Listening to it. If it is worth while to even consider I may put it with some experts I know and get back with you with their opinion.

Listening to it. If it is worth while to even consider I may put it with some experts I know and get back with you with their opinion.

Okay Toddsterpatriot I watch all I can handle. Find a good salesman and make a presentation and surely we can get everyone on board. I think not but hey you may get it accomplished for awhile. I prefer to go with the pig shit theory. Get a pig farm near you and generate some electricity with pig shit. Heck even hydrogen cars be would more appealing than your current nuclear options. Just my personal opinion though.

Okay Toddsterpatriot I watch all I can handle. Find a good salesman and make a presentation and surely we can get everyone on board. I think not but hey you may get it accomplished for awhile. I prefer to go with the pig shit theory. Get a pig farm near you and generate some electricity with pig shit. Heck even hydrogen cars be would more appealing than your current nuclear options. Just my personal opinion though.

I prefer to go with the pig shit theory. Get a pig farm near you and generate some electricity with pig shit.

How many pigs needed to power and heat Chicago during the winter?

Heck even hydrogen cars be would more appealing than your current nuclear options.

Hydrogen generated in what way?

I prefer to go with the pig shit theory. Get a pig farm near you and generate some electricity with pig shit.

Heck even hydrogen cars be would more appealing than your current nuclear options.

Look into hydrogen.

Are you asking a serious question on how to heat Chicago?

Look into hydrogen.

I live in Chicago, so yes, I'm serious.

You look into hydrogen. When you figure out how to generate it for cars, let me know your secret.

Fracking is on the run. We need to stay strong though.

Underground Coal Gasification Collapse Shows Fragility Of Fracking

I'm not quite clear on your position, are you defending UCG (Underground Coal Gasification)? Sounds a little sketchy to me.

UCG
"The process involves drilling two parallel wells down to (and usually horizontally through) a coal seam and joining them at the end with some method (e.g. directional drilling or hydraulic fracturing). Air (or possibly pure oxygen) is injected down one well, the coal is set on fire and partially burns, producing a stream of gases. Water flowing into the cavity from the surrounding aquifers is also consumed in the reactions, but this may be supplemented by injection of water or steam. At the surface the gases produced are separated into carbon dioxide, water and the syngas (consisting of carbon monoxide, hydrogen and methane). In addition large quantities of waste (carbon dioxide and contaminated water) are produced."

Look into hydrogen.

You look into hydrogen. When you figure out how to generate it for cars, let me know your secret.

Its already been figured out along with other energy devices. Until you get giants under control anyone that comes forth with something better or more efficient is not exactly safe. Heck the big dogs can't stand a little competition from a mom and pop sand and gravel business like I had much less take away their bulti-billion dollar scams on everyone. By the way if I had the information I would spread it far and wide freely throughout the country to insure everyone had the plans. Someone did on Pantone's behalf after he finally succumbed and was gone. One thing that they did not get was the spirit that he carried with him to tell the giants make it useful to help everyone or fu-go away.

One for a few to look at if they are interested.

Look into hydrogen.

Its already been figured out along with other energy devices. Until you get giants under control anyone that comes forth with something better or more efficient is not exactly safe. Heck the big dogs can't stand a little competition from a mom and pop sand and gravel business like I had much less take away their bulti-billion dollar scams on everyone. By the way if I had the information I would spread it far and wide freely throughout the country to insure everyone had the plans. Someone did on Pantone's behalf after he finally succumbed and was gone. One thing that they did not get was the spirit that he carried with him to tell the giants make it useful to help everyone or fu-go away.

Its already been figured out along with other energy devices.

Then it should be easy for you to explain.

Look into hydrogen.

Its already been figured out along with other energy devices.

Then it should be easy for you to explain.

You can do the research I am confident you are capable.

Look into hydrogen.

Nice video. Nuclear transmutation. Perpetual motion is the fuel of the future.

Forum List

Back