Fox Wars

It is not just Fox that has lowered their professional standards. They all have. Fox are no different. To say that one is less or more professional is ridiculous... They are all as bad as the other.

That is completely false.

When Dan Rather brought up false information on an "Opinion" show (60 Minutes), he was FIRED IMMEDIATELY.

FoxNews lies every single day, using the title of "Opinion Show" as cover.

No other network, except for MSNBC, as we already discussed, has EVER called the president of the United States a "Nazi", a "Stalinist" or a "Racist" on air. NOT ONCE. If anyone on any of the major networks did such a thing, they would be fired.

The POTUS is supposed to be a fucking grown up. Bush was an ass with certain media outlets - that does not mean that this POTUS should do likewise.

And as a grownup, it is his responsibility to punish, or disown, childish media outlets that make outrageous false claims about the president.

too fucking funny.

90% of FoxNews and MSNBC programming is "Opinion".

I wholeheartedly disagree... the NEWS segments on Fox are very well balanced.. much more so than anything on MSNBC or the so called majors.

Like I said, O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, etc... totally different story. Then again, they are not news shows... and they will be the first to admit it. So, who cares? That's why I don't watch Olberman... or Maher... or Maddow.... Or O'Reilly... or Geraldo...

And most of all.... I don't watch that PSYCHO Nancy Grace. I mean really.. WTF is wrong with that woman??

If you think that only GOP voters watch Fox News then you are mistaken.

Why should Obama give a shit? Because these people are Americans - whether you like it or not, they have a right to hear from the POTUS and the POTUS has a duty to talk to the media outlets in the press pool. He is not God, he is the fucking President.

Vast, you are so fucking partisan that it is pointless discussing this with you.
The people are still able to get the message from the president. But the president can chose the conduit for the message. Why should Obama throw a bone to Murdoch and Fox News when all he gets in return are baseless allegations, fear mongering, hate and suspicion?Such As?

And just because "Fox is the highest rated news channel on cable - and consistently kicks the ass of each and every one of its competitors" doesn't make Fox a legitimate news organization.Talking Points. how's that working for ya?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: judging a news organization's legitimacy and credibility based on ratings is like saying Foghat made better music than Mozart based on album sales. It just is not an honest assessment.
And again I will point out to you, if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there will anyone hear it fall?

Kerry On!
Ever actually watch what passes for reportage on Fox? Ever see Glenn "I wish I had paid attention in school" Beck try to dissect the Obama administration? Fox is a propaganda outlet, not a news gathering organization.

And still I contend that judging a news organization based on ratings is like saying McDonald's food is superior to all other cuisine based on french fry sales. I don't understand your "Talking Points" comment.

None of them are 'watchdogs', you have 'lapdogs' and one station who is biased in the other direction.

You were the one who implied that FoxNews was a "watchdog" in the style of "old media watchdogs". Not I.

Yep,, It was fox who investigated ACORN and the CZARS and that's what has pissed off the wh.

Absolutely right. This Administration - more than all the others - brooks no dissent from the populus. I hope it comes back to bite him in the ass. Hard.

And as a grownup, it is his responsibility to punish, or disown, childish media outlets that make outrageous false claims about the president.

Oh God.. wher to start dissecting this lunacy?

It is the president's responsibility to "punish" the media? To "disown" them??? Like what outrageous, fake claims? WTF is wrong with you? In the words of Wayne Campbell... "are you mental"????

Last edited:
Yep,, It was fox who investigated ACORN and the CZARS and that's what has pissed off the wh.

Yes, there are Czars. Reagan started with them, and Bush had more than Obama.
What's your point exactly?

And ACORN. Wow, FoxNews got ONE story right. I guess that makes them the most credible news station on the planet, eh?

How about the WMD story? They sure did get that wrong.

Or the Al Qaeda training camps in Iraq story? Yeah, they got that one wrong too.

Or when they reported that the insurgency in Fallujah was just a "flash in the pan" that would "last a few days"? Wrong again.

But I guess some members of ACORN being corrupt was just a much more important story than any of those.

After all, those other stories didn't do much, just helped us get into a war.

I wholeheartedly disagree... the NEWS segments on Fox are very well balanced.. much more so than anything on MSNBC or the so called majors.

Like I said, O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, etc... totally different story. Then again, they are not news shows... and they will be the first to admit it. So, who cares? That's why I don't watch Olberman... or Maher... or Maddow.... Or O'Reilly... or Geraldo...

Here's a question.

Prime time is from 8 PM to 11 PM.

What fills those time slots?

And please don't try to compare either FoxNews or MSNBC to any other channel, both are partisan as hell.

The only saving grace MSNBC has over Fox is that they don't pretend to be "Fair and Balanced", but that doesn't really make me respect them any more.

Ever actually watch what passes for reportage on Fox? Ever see Glenn "I wish I had paid attention in school" Beck try to dissect the Obama administration?

My God you people are mental.....

Ok, let's try this again... GLENN BECK IS NOT A NEWS SHOW. GLENN BECK IS AN OPION SHOW. HE CAN SAY WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS. IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE CONSTRUED AS NEWS, EXCEPT BY AN IDIOT.

Good fucking grief.

a. I have no Earthly clue what fill sthese slots.
b. What does this have to do with Fox news shows?

The people are still able to get the message from the president. But the president can chose the conduit for the message. Why should Obama throw a bone to Murdoch and Fox News when all he gets in return are baseless allegations, fear mongering, hate and suspicion?Such As?

And just because "Fox is the highest rated news channel on cable - and consistently kicks the ass of each and every one of its competitors" doesn't make Fox a legitimate news organization.Talking Points. how's that working for ya?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: judging a news organization's legitimacy and credibility based on ratings is like saying Foghat made better music than Mozart based on album sales. It just is not an honest assessment.
And again I will point out to you, if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there will anyone hear it fall?

Kerry On!
Ever actually watch what passes for reportage on Fox? Ever see Glenn "I wish I had paid attention in school" Beck try to dissect the Obama administration? Fox is a propaganda outlet, not a news gathering organization.

And still I contend that judging a news organization based on ratings is like saying McDonald's food is superior to all other cuisine based on french fry sales. I don't understand your "Talking Points" comment.

what part of what Beck says is incorrect?

Why should Obama throw a bone to Murdoch and Fox News when all he gets in return are baseless allegations, fear mongering, hate and suspicion?

Bullshit premise as usual.....

a. Fox is a NETWORK
b. There are op-ed shows on Fox and there are news shows on Fox
c. They are not the same
d. The news on Fox is much more balanced than the news on MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, etc.
e. The op-ed shows are conservative for the most part... so what? Ever watch the "Today Show"? That's supposed to be a news show.. it is about as left leaning and biased as they come. What about "HEadline News"?

Should Obama goe on Hannity? Who cares? But to dismiss the entire network because of Hannity is childish. What Obama is saying is that he will only go on a station that fawns all over him and asks him his opinion of the weather. Which in essence is to say that he has no spine. If his policies are so well defined and defensible, then what the hell? He should be able to take a few hard questions.

So far it has been nine months of Fox this and Fox that and blame Bush. He's looking very small and very childish,
I agree with point A. Fox is a network.

I'll go along with point B. There are op-ed shows on Fox.

I concur that point C is valid. They are not the same.

It's point D that goes over the brink. The news on Fox is much more balanced than the news on MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, etc.

How on earth can you say that with any credibility, intellectual honesty or a straight face? More balanced? According to what measure?

And it's waaaay beyond Sean Hannity. Listen objectively to the Fox commentators and tell us how "fair and balanced" they truly are.

Putting words into the president's mouth serves your purpose well. "What Obama is saying is that he will only go on a station that fawns all over him and asks him his opinion of the weather. Which in essence is to say that he has no spine." But it points out your obvious bias and lack of intellectual curiosity.

Kerry On!

"News gathering organization"? WTF? None of them are 'news gathering organizations'!

This is the sort of post that makes me realize that there is no further point in debate. Some just don't know enough about the function of the news media to debate with. No offense intended.

Here's a question.

And please don't try to compare either FoxNews or MSNBC to any other channel, both are partisan as hell.

The only saving grace MSNBC has over Fox is that they don't pretend to be "Fair and Balanced", but that doesn't really make me respect them any more.

what, in your view makes Fox unbalanced?

Ever actually watch what passes for reportage on Fox? Ever see Glenn "I wish I had paid attention in school" Beck try to dissect the Obama administration?

My God you people are mental.....

Ok, let's try this again... GLENN BECK IS NOT A NEWS SHOW. GLENN BECK IS AN OPION SHOW. HE CAN SAY WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS. IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE CONSTRUED AS NEWS, EXCEPT BY AN IDIOT.

Good fucking grief.
It is supposed to be construed as at least true. And that's where Glenn "I cry because it boosts my ratings" Beck falls short.

Which in essence is to say that he has no spine." But it points out your obvious bias and lack of intellectual curiosity.

No, it points out that a person with a clearly defensible position hasn't a need to ensure that he only gets questioned by a sympathetic third party.

Last edited:

Oh God.. wher to start dissecting this lunacy?

It is the president's responsibility to "punish" the media? To "disown" them??? Like what outrageous, fake claims? WTF is wrong with you? In the words of Wayne Campbell... "are you mental"????

Oh, I don't know claims like:

"Obama is a Nazi." - Glenn Beck

"Obama is a Stalinist." - Sean Hannity

"Obama is a racist with a deep seated hatred of white people" - Glenn Beck

"The Health Care Plan is a plot to bring Nazi Eugenics to America". - Glenn Beck

"The National Debt is a plot by the Obama administration to increase the power of the executive branch in an attempt to turn America into a Totalitarian State" - That fat black guy from Fox Business Channel

Do you need more?

And just because these claims are made on "Opinion" shows, doesn't mean that FoxNews isnt' still making the claims.

They do not run any retractions, do they?

Yes, there are Czars. Reagan started with them, and Bush had more than Obama.
What's your point exactly?

And ACORN. Wow, FoxNews got ONE story right. I guess that makes them the most credible news station on the planet, eh?

How about the WMD story? They sure did get that wrong.Were Fox and Bush the ONLY people who WMD wrong? doyathink?

Or the Al Qaeda training camps in Iraq story? Yeah, they got that one wrong too.

Or when they reported that the insurgency in Fallujah was just a "flash in the pan" that would "last a few days"? Wrong again.

But I guess some members of ACORN being corrupt was just a much more important story than any of those.

After all, those other stories didn't do much, just helped us get into a war.

???

Forum List

Back