FOX News Proposes Criminalizing Fact-checking.

Why hasn't the CNN fact checker been heard from since BIden's inauguration?
Be cause Biden has forged a much better relationship with CNN and he doesn’t lie to the American people nearly as much as Trump
Well, tell me, Slade, what did CNN do to forge a good relationship with Trump? You act like CNN is an innocent bystander at whom Trump threw bombs for no reason.
The appropriate question would be what did Trump do to forge a good relationship with CNN? The answer is nothing

MALARKEY!

The lame stream media were out to destroy Donald Trump from the day he came down the escalator.

Trump could walk on water and the lame stream media headline would be, "TRUMP CAN'T SWIM"!

I wish I was making this up, but no, FOX News really is going that Stalinist. Since they're getting embarrassed by fact-checkers, they want fact-checking made illegal unless fact-checkers get a government license.

From the article:

The real problem here is not that fact checkers got something wrong, it’s that they have the power to censor what journalism Americans see and consume unilaterally.  

Yes, yes, the standard conservative "Pointing out that I lied is censoring me!" argument.

The First Amendment rightly renders government powerless to regulate news outlets’ publishing content from their own in house fact checkers -- they are protected by freedom of the press. But third party independent fact checkers are another story entirely.

Really, FOX? Because as everyone else sees it, the fact-checkers are press too. And FOX wants them shut down by government force.

So what can be done about this dangerous situation? A new bill before the Michigan House of Representatives is a move in the right direction. The bill would require fact checkers to register with the government and carry insurance to cover payment to those who suffer financial damages as a result of a bogus fact check.

So when FOX says a Democrat lies, that would be a fact check, so they'd have to register with the government.

Yeah, right.

So, how many conservatives agree with FOX, and say that government should ban any fact-checkers not approved by the government?

Fox news proposes Fact Checkers be held accountable.

Your thread title is a complete lie.

Who’s fact checking the fact checkers?

The two parties are polar opposites here. The liberty-minded liberals support free speech, while the authoritarian Republicans support government censorship. I thank the Trump cultists for jumping in to prove that point so conclusively.

My side hurts from laughing so hard.

You've censored speech you don't like. You claim to be able to make the judgement.

Who cares what pretense they use? It’s all user content anyway. They’re going to market And brand themselves how ever they want, I don’t see why you care.
Because you can't sue a platform. They can market themselves anyway they want... I agree... But right now they get special protections from the government not even given to the MSM.
Special protections? Which special protections are they getting that you think are unfair?
YOU CAN'T SUE THEM. They are not like any other company.

We have talked about this before. Just.. Google "Platform vs Publisher" ... Obviously anything I say isn't working.
I’ve heard both sides of the debate but I’m asking you specifically what you want them to be sued for? Give some examples

Last year I posted on Facebook an article from a Chinese Dr. who said that COVID-19 originated in the Wuhan Viral laboratory. Facebook slapped a qualifier on the post saying that was false. You had to click on the X to remove that qualifier before you could read the article.

President Trump said that last year and was slammed be the media. Except for Fox News who covered it fairly.

Now it is proving to be true and the "main stream media" and "fact checkers" are scrambling to cover their behinds.

The same goes for the Collusion story for four years, proven false.

The Steel Dossier. MSM and Fact Checkers said it was true and ridiculed and denigrated President Trump for four years. Proven to be fake.

As for the Hunter Biden hard drives, Hunter and the FBI say they are authentic.

More?
Trump was blaming and demonizing China for the Virus. He always needs an enemy. The reason these things were being flagged is because no evidence was being provided to back them up and in the mean time hate crimes against Asians was spiking. Let’s face facts, Trump cried wolf way too many times to be believed. To make claims like this he needs to show evidence or he isnt going to be taken seriously even if they turn out to be true down the road.

You're right, President Trump was blaming and demonizing China for the virus. And, once again, he was RIGHT.

As you know too, every time Trump has called wolf, he has proven to be right.

News
bredcrumb

International

COVID-19 origin: Wuhan lab leak theory is ‘feasible’, says British intelligence

By Shreya
| Published: Sunday, May 30, 2021, 22:54 [IST]

London, May 30: British intelligence agencies now believe it is "feasible" that the COVID-19 pandemic began with a coronavirus leak from a Chinese laboratory, a media report said on Sunday, prompting UK''s Vaccines Minister Nadhim Zahawi to demand that the WHO must fully investigate the origins of the deadly virus.

###

Dr. Lawrence Sellin Provides a 2-Minute Video Showing Origins of COVID-19 and Its Connections to China’s PLA Bio-Warfare Department and CCP Civil-Military Fusion Program

By Joe Hoft
Published May 30, 2021 at 9:00am

Every time?! Haha I don’t think so. When is Hillary getting out of lock up?

Fact checking sites are insulting. Fuck all of them. Anyone who needs someone else to tell them the 'facts' in the news is brain dead.

Be cause Biden has forged a much better relationship with CNN and he doesn’t lie to the American people nearly as much as Trump
Well, tell me, Slade, what did CNN do to forge a good relationship with Trump? You act like CNN is an innocent bystander at whom Trump threw bombs for no reason.
The appropriate question would be what did Trump do to forge a good relationship with CNN? The answer is nothing

MALARKEY!

The lame stream media were out to destroy Donald Trump from the day he came down the escalator.

Trump could walk on water and the lame stream media headline would be, "TRUMP CAN'T SWIM"!
Look up how much free airtime had on CNN during the 2016 campaign

Who cares what pretense they use? It’s all user content anyway. They’re going to market And brand themselves how ever they want, I don’t see why you care.
Because you can't sue a platform. They can market themselves anyway they want... I agree... But right now they get special protections from the government not even given to the MSM.
Special protections? Which special protections are they getting that you think are unfair?

We have talked about this before. Just.. Google "Platform vs Publisher" ... Obviously anything I say isn't working.
I’ve heard both sides of the debate but I’m asking you specifically what you want them to be sued for? Give some examples

Last year I posted on Facebook an article from a Chinese Dr. who said that COVID-19 originated in the Wuhan Viral laboratory. Facebook slapped a qualifier on the post saying that was false. You had to click on the X to remove that qualifier before you could read the article.

President Trump said that last year and was slammed be the media. Except for Fox News who covered it fairly.

Now it is proving to be true and the "main stream media" and "fact checkers" are scrambling to cover their behinds.

The Steel Dossier. MSM and Fact Checkers said it was true and ridiculed and denigrated President Trump for four years. Proven to be fake.

More?
Trump was blaming and demonizing China for the Virus. He always needs an enemy. The reason these things were being flagged is because no evidence was being provided to back them up and in the mean time hate crimes against Asians was spiking. Let’s face facts, Trump cried wolf way too many times to be believed. To make claims like this he needs to show evidence or he isnt going to be taken seriously even if they turn out to be true down the road.

You're right, President Trump was blaming and demonizing China for the virus. And, once again, he was RIGHT.

News
bredcrumb

International

By Shreya

London, May 30: British intelligence agencies now believe it is "feasible" that the COVID-19 pandemic began with a coronavirus leak from a Chinese laboratory, a media report said on Sunday, prompting UK''s Vaccines Minister Nadhim Zahawi to demand that the WHO must fully investigate the origins of the deadly virus.

###

Dr. Lawrence Sellin Provides a 2-Minute Video Showing Origins of COVID-19 and Its Connections to China’s PLA Bio-Warfare Department and CCP Civil-Military Fusion Program

By Joe Hoft

Every time?! Haha I don’t think so. When is Hillary getting out of lock up?

It's not too late! The at ease elite are calm so long as one of their own is on office. That's another reason he is so hated by losers, regardless of their political preference.

MALARKEY!

Look up how much of it was positive.

MALARKEY!

Look up how much of it was positive.
Positive?? It was Trump on air talking for himself so I’m sure it was mostly negative unless he was bragging about how great he is at everything

I wish I was making this up, but no, FOX News really is going that Stalinist. Since they're getting embarrassed by fact-checkers, they want fact-checking made illegal unless fact-checkers get a government license.

From the article:

The real problem here is not that fact checkers got something wrong, it’s that they have the power to censor what journalism Americans see and consume unilaterally.  

Yes, yes, the standard conservative "Pointing out that I lied is censoring me!" argument.

The First Amendment rightly renders government powerless to regulate news outlets’ publishing content from their own in house fact checkers -- they are protected by freedom of the press. But third party independent fact checkers are another story entirely.

Really, FOX? Because as everyone else sees it, the fact-checkers are press too. And FOX wants them shut down by government force.

So what can be done about this dangerous situation? A new bill before the Michigan House of Representatives is a move in the right direction. The bill would require fact checkers to register with the government and carry insurance to cover payment to those who suffer financial damages as a result of a bogus fact check.

So when FOX says a Democrat lies, that would be a fact check, so they'd have to register with the government.

Yeah, right.

So, how many conservatives agree with FOX, and say that government should ban any fact-checkers not approved by the government?

Fox news proposes Fact Checkers be held accountable.

Your thread title is a complete lie.
Be held accountable, by whom...?

(Note! Have not read the fox article yet.)

More?

News
bredcrumb

International

By Shreya

###

By Joe Hoft

Dr. Lawrence Sellin would not be trying to get his expertise and knowledge out in to the public through The Gateway Pundit or a Steve Bannon talk show... Can't take him as legitimate....imho.

Dr. Lawrence Sellin would not be trying to get his expertise and knowledge out in to the public through The Gateway Pundit or a Steve Bannon talk show... Can't take him as legitimate....imho.
I don't know this Dr... But... I would bet he would happily go on any news station to talk about this. Those are just the ones that were willing to talk to him.

The video that I haven't watched...

In other words,,,

"conservatives" want to criminalize the truth.
Sure would make their lives easier.
"Liberals" want to spout their propaganda with no repercussions.
See? in favor of criminalizing the truth.

They are beyond help.
Nobody said that but you. You're projecting your desire to control the media.

Free speech is supported by conservatives, not leftists.
BWAHAHAHA
Shut down FB = Free Speech
Govt control of social media = Free Speech
BWAHAHAHAHA

When the proposal that telling the truth be subject to government regulation is criminalizing the truth.

Criminalizing the truth is what Tiny Minded "conservatives" call "Free Speech."

BWAHAHAHAHA
You're what happens when you get all your news from Facebook.

Problem is that social media such as Facebook and twitter isn't really checking facts, they are picking a side and censoring the other. For examples, FB will censor actual MDs that have counter views about who should get the covid vaccine. Are FB's fact checkers actual MDs that are qualified to fact check other MDs.....I don't think so.
Back in the 50s some doctors ACTUALLY recommended smoking.
Of course they had an ulterior motive bond medicine.
Much like the doctors you're referencing.
FB and others are acting responsibly in not acting as a conduit for false information that may kill people.
Is Fauci for masks or against them this week? Did the virus come from China or didn't it this week?
New information come in and the wise man adjusts to that new information.
New information comes in and the fool calls the old information lies and continues to just stupid up the place.

"tell me again daddy how wearing masks makes COVID worse."
THE GOVERNMENT WOULD NEVER LIE TO US JUST COMFORM AND DO WHAT YOUR TOLD AND NEVER QUESTION IT

I'll pass, bootlicker.
From Jan 21 2017 to Jan 20, 2021 the government led by Trump lied to us each and every day and you did, in fact, conform and do exactly what Trump, in his lies, told you to do.

So can the "I'll pass" too late.

Do you believe Trump won the 2020 election?
Don't lie. Your "truth" is all over this platform.
Really? Then you won't have any trouble linking for me what I believe.

Hop to it, boy. You got homework.

Problem is that social media such as Facebook and twitter isn't really checking facts, they are picking a side and censoring the other. For examples, FB will censor actual MDs that have counter views about who should get the covid vaccine. Are FB's fact checkers actual MDs that are qualified to fact check other MDs.....I don't think so.
FB and others are acting responsibly in not acting as a conduit for false information that may kill people.
So facebook is qualified to practice medicine.....give me a break!
FB is qualified to decide what will and will not be broadcast to the public using their service.
If you don't like it
Build your own FB.
Thanks for the admission that facebook is not qualified to fact check MDs.
Facebook can allow or not allow whatever the hell they want on their site. Why do you care how they run their business?
That's fine, but lets loose the pretense that they are neutral and open platform.
Not allowing you and yours to lie on their platform says nothing about their politics.
Perhaps if you guys would try a little truth for a change?
JUST REPEAT WHAT THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU TO SAY NOBODY SAID YOU COULD THINK FOR YOURSELF
Says the Trumpinista dutifully spewing Trump lies as if they were coming from "on high."

See the thread about Ideology becoming Theology for details.
Sheer projection.

I’m always amazed that people still take fox seriously. There’s a video of Sean Hannity calling Covid a hoax and then more video of him saying he never called it a hoax. So which Sean Hannity do you believe?

and remember when they were saying president ebola?

and foxes weeding out anybody that gives a different message like Donna Brazil or Juan Williams.

what is their goal? Why are they doing this?

and how come the GOP base doesn’t feel insulted by having fox say one thing on Monday in a different thing on Tuesday?

at least with scientists, they’re always studying and learning and so they change what they know about any issue as their understanding grows. What is Fox News excuse?

In other words,,,

They are beyond help.

BWAHAHAHA
BWAHAHAHAHA

When the proposal that telling the truth be subject to government regulation is criminalizing the truth.

BWAHAHAHAHA
sorry.
ZERO news feeds on my FB.
ZERO political group membership on FB.
FB reserved for family and, of course, the Steelers.
Geez. YOUR FB must be a mess.

Is Fauci for masks or against them this week? Did the virus come from China or didn't it this week?
New information come in and the wise man adjusts to that new information.
New information comes in and the fool calls the old information lies and continues to just stupid up the place.

"tell me again daddy how wearing masks makes COVID worse."
THE GOVERNMENT WOULD NEVER LIE TO US JUST COMFORM AND DO WHAT YOUR TOLD AND NEVER QUESTION IT

I'll pass, bootlicker.
From Jan 21 2017 to Jan 20, 2021 the government led by Trump lied to us each and every day and you did, in fact, conform and do exactly what Trump, in his lies, told you to do.

So can the "I'll pass" too late.

Do you believe Trump won the 2020 election?
Don't lie. Your "truth" is all over this platform.
Really? Then you won't have any trouble linking for me what I believe.

Hop to it, boy. You got homework.
You were asked a couple of questions.
AFRAID to answer?
AFRAID if you say no you'll get tossed from the club?
AFRAID if you say yes you'll get the slapping you so rightly deserve?

Geez. Sucks to be you.

So facebook is qualified to practice medicine.....give me a break!
FB is qualified to decide what will and will not be broadcast to the public using their service.
If you don't like it
Build your own FB.
Thanks for the admission that facebook is not qualified to fact check MDs.
Facebook can allow or not allow whatever the hell they want on their site. Why do you care how they run their business?
That's fine, but lets loose the pretense that they are neutral and open platform.
Not allowing you and yours to lie on their platform says nothing about their politics.
Perhaps if you guys would try a little truth for a change?
JUST REPEAT WHAT THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU TO SAY NOBODY SAID YOU COULD THINK FOR YOURSELF
Says the Trumpinista dutifully spewing Trump lies as if they were coming from "on high."

See the thread about Ideology becoming Theology for details.
Sheer projection.
Sure.
Tell us again who you think won the 2020 Presidential election.
Tell us WHY you believe what you believe.
We'll wait on your "truth"

In other words,,,

They are beyond help.

BWAHAHAHA
BWAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHA
sorry.
ZERO news feeds on my FB.
ZERO political group membership on FB.
FB reserved for family and, of course, the Steelers.
Geez. YOUR FB must be a mess.
Naaaah, my FB is nothing but family and friends. I don't let billionaire social media site owners dictate my opinions.

Forum List

Back