FOX News Proposes Criminalizing Fact-checking.

mamooth

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
I wish I was making this up, but no, FOX News really is going that Stalinist. Since they're getting embarrassed by fact-checkers, they want fact-checking made illegal unless fact-checkers get a government license.

From the article:

The real problem here is not that fact checkers got something wrong, it’s that they have the power to censor what journalism Americans see and consume unilaterally.  

Yes, yes, the standard conservative "Pointing out that I lied is censoring me!" argument.

The First Amendment rightly renders government powerless to regulate news outlets’ publishing content from their own in house fact checkers -- they are protected by freedom of the press. But third party independent fact checkers are another story entirely.

Really, FOX? Because as everyone else sees it, the fact-checkers are press too. And FOX wants them shut down by government force.

So what can be done about this dangerous situation? A new bill before the Michigan House of Representatives is a move in the right direction. The bill would require fact checkers to register with the government and carry insurance to cover payment to those who suffer financial damages as a result of a bogus fact check.

So when FOX says a Democrat lies, that would be a fact check, so they'd have to register with the government.

Yeah, right.

So, how many conservatives agree with FOX, and say that government should ban any fact-checkers not approved by the government?

Last edited:
4uuqj0.jpg

Problem is that social media such as Facebook and twitter isn't really checking facts, they are picking a side and censoring the other. For examples, FB will censor actual MDs that have counter views about who should get the covid vaccine. Are FB's fact checkers actual MDs that are qualified to fact check other MDs.....I don't think so.

I wish I was making this up, but no, FOX News really is gong that Stalinist. Since they're getting embarrassed by fact-checkers, they want fact-checking made illegal unless fact-checkers get a government license.

From the article:

The real problem here is not that fact checkers got something wrong, it’s that they have the power to censor what journalism Americans see and consume unilaterally.  

Yes, yes, the standard conservative "Pointing out that I lied is censoring me!" argument.

The First Amendment rightly renders government powerless to regulate news outlets’ publishing content from their own in house fact checkers -- they are protected by freedom of the press. But third party independent fact checkers are another story entirely.

Really, FOX? Because as everyone else sees it, the fact-checkers are press too. And FOX wants them shut down by government force.

So what can be done about this dangerous situation? A new bill before the Michigan House of Representatives is a move in the right direction. The bill would require fact checkers to register with the government and carry insurance to cover payment to those who suffer financial damages as a result of a bogus fact check.

So when FOX says a Democrat lies, that would be a fact check, so they'd have to register with the government.

Yeah, right.

So, how many conservatives agree with FOX, and say that government should ban any fact-checkers not approved by the government?
What, fact checking can only be done by far left organization, who dont fact check, just spew the filth that comes from the Demoncrap Party?

I wish I was making this up, but no, FOX News really is gong that Stalinist. Since they're getting embarrassed by fact-checkers, they want fact-checking made illegal unless fact-checkers get a government license.

From the article:

Yeah, right.

What, fact checking can only be done by far left organization, who dont fact check, just spew the filth that comes from the Demoncrap Party?
Poor poor Righties....can't catch a break.

Problem is that social media such as Facebook and twitter isn't really checking facts, they are picking a side and censoring the other.
And social media censors liberals more often.

(The original article is Washington post, but there's a paywall there)

If fact checkers are like the Media... That means we can sue them... Right? I'm absolutely against "approved by the government"....

But if a fact checker does things that you can sue a news site for.... Then we should be able to sue them.

Be cause Biden has forged a much better relationship with CNN and he doesn’t lie to the American people nearly as much as Trump
"Forged" a better relationship with CNN? As if Biden had to lift a finger for the Democrat Ministry of Propaganda to lick Biden's shoes.
Haha, so what?! All the whining and complaining y’all have been doing over the media this past year is exhausting. Grow up. I don’t imagine you watch much CNN and nobody is forcing it on you so why are you so worried about it?

Be cause Biden has forged a much better relationship with CNN and he doesn’t lie to the American people nearly as much as Trump
"Forged" a better relationship with CNN? As if Biden had to lift a finger for the Democrat Ministry of Propaganda to lick Biden's shoes.
Haha, so what?! All the whining and complaining y’all have been doing over the media this past year is exhausting. Grow up. I don’t imagine you watch much CNN and nobody is forcing it on you so why are you so worried about it?

Because they lie about the president for 4 years and have immunity because of "freedom of the press."

Because they lie about the president for 4 years and have immunity because of "freedom of the press."
Yes that’s how our constitution is written. What’s your issue?

Forum List

Back