Fox news credibility hits 'record low'

There was research done a few months ago that showed that Fox viewers were less informed than anyone else...including people that didn't watch any news!!!

I doubt that. But if you have a link, I'd read it.

Study Finds Fox News Viewers Least Informed Of All Viewers
The largest effect is that of Fox News: all else being equal, someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 domestic questions correctly -- a figure which is significantly worse than if they had reported watching no media at all. On the other hand, if they listened only to NPR, they would be expected to answer 1.51 questions correctly; viewers of Sunday morning talk shows fare similarly well. And people watching only "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" could answer about 1.42 questions correctly.

oh boy..you people eat that shit up don't you, a "study" done? talk about needing others to do your thinking for you

The largest effect is that of Fox News: all else being equal, someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 domestic questions correctly -- a figure which is significantly worse than if they had reported watching no media at all. On the other hand, if they listened only to NPR, they would be expected to answer 1.51 questions correctly; viewers of Sunday morning talk shows fare similarly well. And people watching only "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" could answer about 1.42 questions correctly.

oh boy..you people eat that shit up don't you, a "study" done? talk about needing others to do your thinking for you

You're welcome to present contrary evidence.

saw a study done on pmsnbc viewers the other day, I think it said it said they were the dumbest idiots in the country, you agree?

Pretty much as I expected........

whatever, you will believe what some study tells you, not much free thinking on your part

Is that what you call what you do..."free thinking"??!!

Does that mean 'free' as in unencumbered with facts or logic?

It's a great euphemism, I might use it.

Fox News' credibility has fallen 9 percent since three years ago, according to new Public Policy Polling (PPP) results released on Wednesday.

The annual poll asks participants to rate their trust in multiple networks including Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, Comedy Central, ABC News, CBS News and NBC News. According to PPP's press release:

Just like its actual ratings, Fox News has hit a record low in the four years that we've been doing this poll. 41% of voters trust it to 46% who do not. To put those numbers into some perspective the first time we did this poll, in 2010, 49% of voters trusted it to 37% who did not.

Fox News' Credibility At 'Record Low': PPP Poll

Other news outlets are not entirely better off. Thirty-five percent of respondents said they trust MSNBC, while 44 percent said they do not. When it comes to CNN, 38 percent of voters said they trust the network, but 43 percent said they trust the cable network the least.

In other words

you're an idiot

People tend to trust new sources that confirm what they already believe, eh? That goes for not only Fox but every TV network.

I do not doubt for a moment that FOX has a loyal audience given that it panders to the world view, conciets and prejudices of about 1/3 of the US public.

The POV of the right has taken some credibility hits of late, but that POV is still quite strong.

People tend to trust new sources that confirm what they already believe, eh? That goes for not only Fox but every TV network.

I do not doubt for a moment that FOX has a loyal audience given that it panders to the world view, conciets and prejudices of about 1/3 of the US public.

The POV of the right has taken some credibility hits of late, but that POV is still quite strong.

man oh man, I think you just described PmsNbc

saw a study done on pmsnbc viewers the other day, I think it said it said they were the dumbest idiots in the country, you agree?

Pretty much as I expected........

whatever, you will believe what some study tells you, not much free thinking on your part

Uh.... you can't do that. These studies aren't measuring opinion, but the factual levels of the levels of info that viewers take away.

What you're suggesting here is that we all just ask ourselves if what we believe is correct, nod that it is, and go have lunch. That doesn't tell you squatso. That's why studies exist. We can't judge our own level of info by personal fiat.

I'd suggest that such denialism is another part of the emotional basis described earlier; a rational person who's a habitual CNN watcher and found that CNN wasn't giving them good info wouldn't go into denial and defensive postures -- they'd just find another source and be done with it, having no particular emotional investment to get in the way. Denialism is a dead giveaway that the Fox Fix is an emotional rather than a rational one.

Last edited:
There was research done a few months ago that showed that Fox viewers were less informed than anyone else...including people that didn't watch any news!!!

Of course.... a link from Huffpost....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fox News' credibility has fallen 9 percent since three years ago, according to new Public Policy Polling (PPP) results released on Wednesday.

The annual poll asks participants to rate their trust in multiple networks including Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, Comedy Central, ABC News, CBS News and NBC News. According to PPP's press release:

Just like its actual ratings, Fox News has hit a record low in the four years that we've been doing this poll. 41% of voters trust it to 46% who do not. To put those numbers into some perspective the first time we did this poll, in 2010, 49% of voters trusted it to 37% who did not.

Fox News' Credibility At 'Record Low': PPP Poll

And this matters too who and why??

Fox news credibility hits 'record low'

That’s entertainment…

Entertainment and presenting news are NOT mutually exclusive.

If they were, the clowns (Colbert and Lebowitz) would be totally irrelevant, because what they and their blind followers perceive as news is nothing but profanity, shouting, screaming and debasement of everything and everybody they disagree with.

The fact that FOX has been able to acquire the services of attractive, well educated female anchors, while the networks sucking up to Obama had to be content with dogs (apologies to the canine population) like Candy Crowley, Andrea Mitchell, Katie Couric, etc.... sticks in the craw of Obama worshippers. You know, the so called Mainstream Media.

I see some of your "knuckle draggers" are livid about this, so used to be lied to so much half of your wouldn't know the truth if it was an 100lb boulder that fell on your head. I'm at the point of calling your the "Tin Foil Hat Crowd", living in an alternative universe.

Do you know the meaning of the word....ironic....?

.Just asking: Are there any Fox News watchers out there who are not totally scared, paranoid low I.Q., 65 and older angry and white?

Could you repeat that? I couldn't understand you with Obama's dick in your mouth.

I see some of your "knuckle draggers" are livid about this, so used to be lied to so much half of your wouldn't know the truth if it was an 100lb boulder that fell on your head. I'm at the point of calling your the "Tin Foil Hat Crowd", living in an alternative universe.

.Just asking: Are there any Fox News watchers out there who are not totally scared, paranoid low I.Q., 65 and older angry and white?

There are some others who probably watch for comic relief, but for "faithful, true believer viewers? Doubtful

Could you repeat that? I couldn't understand you with Obama's dick in your mouth.

That witicism might work in a conversation, but given that message boards operate with the writen, not spoken word, it falls flat.

People who denigrate older folks who happen to be viewers of FOX News, seem to forget that maybe their own parents could just maybe FOX News watchers.

Also the fact that as people age, except for the terminally stupid, they realize the folly of their Democrat/liberal idiocy and eventually got their brains together and become Republicans.

So, let them gloat, for now. One day, they wake up and realize that the government - i. e. Obama) does not pay their grocery bills, their mortgage (provided they don't live in subsidized housing), their car payments, their gas bill filling the tanks of such cars, the education of their children, their cell phones and the debt they pile up at street corner drug dealers and local liquor stores and stores that still sell tobacco products.

Even now, an honest look in the mirror would shut up a lot of freeloaders, if only they had any decency and honesty, they would realize that placing their faith in government (Obama) instead of themselves, is chasing a false and deceitful dream that will eventually end up in disappointment.

But as people get older, they usually get wiser.

I hope that people who debase, denigrate, besmirch and bash old folks never reach the age that they are so disrespectful about.

People who denigrate older folks who happen to be viewers of FOX News, seem to forget that maybe their own parents could just maybe FOX News watchers.

Also the fact that as people age, except for the terminally stupid, they realize the folly of their Democrat/liberal idiocy and eventually got their brains together and become Republicans.

So, let them gloat, for now. One day, they wake up and realize that the government - i. e. Obama) does not pay their grocery bills, their mortgage (provided they don't live in subsidized housing), their car payments, their gas bill filling the tanks of such cars, the education of their children, their cell phones and the debt they pile up at street corner drug dealers and local liquor stores and stores that still sell tobacco products.

Even now, an honest look in the mirror would shut up a lot of freeloaders, if only they had any decency and honesty, they would realize that placing their faith in government (Obama) instead of themselves, is chasing a false and deceitful dream that will eventually end up in disappointment.

I hope that people who debase, denigrate, besmirch and bash old folks never reach the age that they are so disrespectful about.

So as dementia begins to set in, people are more likely to become republicans.

I actually agree with that. Bravo.

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

So as dementia begins to set in, people are more likely to become republicans.

I actually agree with that. Bravo.

Dementia, and even more offensive, but telling, dementia at a younger age, apparently set in with blind idiots in the inner cities who vote against Lincoln's party that gave them the Liberty confirmed by the blood of thousands of WHITE soldiers fighting and dieing for the liberation of black slaves, the Party that fought the Democrat Party of Ku Klux Klan wizards like the gratefully and not too soon departed piece of crap "Senator" like Robert Byrd.

If you want to make the case of dementia setting in at advanced age, you can find no better example than Robert Byrd of West Virginia. Or the drunk killer Ted Kennedy.

Unless, of course, you look at subhuman crap like Conyers of Michigan, Rangel of New York, Pelosi and Reid of Nevada and Boxer of California and Schumer of New York.

Forum List

Back