Fox: Deliberate Misinformation

You seem to be operating under the impression that Fox News somehow owes the Obama administration something. They don't. Obama was running well over the time scheduled and I see no reason why Fox should waste time that could be used to pay the bills, to stroke this blowhard's ego.

Vel6377 is right Fox could have been running stories about how the President bows too much or how often he used the word "I" in the State of the Union address.

You seem to be operating under the impression that Fox News somehow owes the Obama administration something. They don't. Obama was running well over the time scheduled and I see no reason why Fox should waste time that could be used to pay the bills, to stroke this blowhard's ego.

Vel6377 is right Fox could have been running stories about how the President bows too much or how often he used the word "I" in the State of the Union address.

So? It's THEIR network. As yet, they still get to make their own programming decisions. If you don't like their choices, don't watch. They don't owe Obama air time.

So? It's THEIR network. As yet, they still get to make their own programming decisions. If you don't like their choices, don't watch. They don't owe Obama air time.

No they don't owe anything..

Its THEIR network....they don't have to do anything to make themselves appear to be a credible news network.......its a free country

No they don't owe anything..

Its THEIR network....they don't have to do anything to make themselves appear to be a credible news network.......its a free country

:clap2::clap2:

Fox went to court to protect their right to lie

they still get to make their own programming decisions.

☭proletarian☭;1967227 said:

Based on that logic, A bank robber goes to court to protect his right to rob banks.
On February 14, a Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization. The court reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information. The ruling basically declares it is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.

Fox News gets okay to misinform public, court ruling | Media Reform | CeaseSPIN.org

Fox News went to court specifically to protect their legal right to lie outright and call it 'news'.

On August 18, 2000, a six-person jury was unanimous in its conclusion that Akre was indeed fired for threatening to report the station's pressure to broadcast what jurors decided was "a false, distorted, or slanted" story about the widespread use of growth hormone in dairy cows.

See, that''s how Fox works. Refuse to go along with the lies, and you get fired

☭proletarian☭;1967288 said:
☭proletarian☭;1967227 said:

Based on that logic, A bank robber goes to court to protect his right to rob banks.
On February 14, a Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization. The court reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information. The ruling basically declares it is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.

Fox News gets okay to misinform public, court ruling | Media Reform | CeaseSPIN.org

Fox News went to court specifically to protect their legal right to lie outright and call it 'news'.

Interesting, thanks for that link/info.

A bank robber goes to court to argue his innocence.

Fox went to court to argue that lying and calling it 'news' is just fine.

'Fair and Balanced'? They went to court to defend their right to be anything but.

The corrupt Liberal Media is dying and that's a good thing for America. They've controlled things for far too long. Fox News is whipping Liberal Media A*S on a daily basis so i can see why Krugman and the rest of his fellow Liberal Wingnuts are so cranky. If these Wingnuts stop whining about Fox News that's when you know Fox News is having some problems. Fox News really is the most balanced & trusted News in America today. WTG Fox News! :)

Man,Roger Ailes swatted Huffington and Krugman like annoying gnats on 'This Week.' Two against one and Ailes still managed to make them look like the simpletons they are. A mismatch fo sho. They are exactly why Fox News whips Liberal Media a*s on a daily basis. Liberal looons usually come off as whiny dummies. WTG Mr. Ailes!

I have the distinct impression that people like rightwinger and his libby cohorts watch Fox more than any repudlicans do

Trust me...I try

I can go about 10 minutes before I become irate at their shabby excuse for a news network. I tried to watch professional wrestling too. I figured all these people who watch must see something in it.
Like Fox, I came to the realization that the fans are just idiots.

Fox talking heads shows, american idol, project runway....same thing.

Here is a question righty's. If fox is so fair and balanced, why did they just stop the president 20 minutes short and why did they talk over a lot of his responses when he spoke to those genius republicans last week? NO OTHER STATION DID THIS, NONE.

Fox just sucks.

Let's see why---:lol::lol: President Obama in is 1st year has given over 475 SPEECHES--:lol::lol:

Could it be that the news media--including FOX have heard the same old crap before?

Source?

Has a US news program ever done that with the president before when there wasn't some breaking news they needed to cover?

Has a U.S. president ever tried to co-opt such a ridiculous amount of air time??? Just last page Oreo reminded us that this guy has done 475 speeches. It's tiresome. He demanded more prime time in a year than Bush asked for in 8. It'd be one thing if he ever had anything interesting or truthful to say... but it's pretty much the same nonsense every time he steps to the podium.

Further, even Nixon didn't have the temerity to mount consistent attacks on a news outlet. But that's EXACTLY shat we've seen from the Obama White House, isn't it?... his media directors, Nancy Dunn, and more recently Dan Pfeiffer, demanding that Fox be isolated and that whatever stories they generate be ignored. Was Pfeiffer even in office 10 whole minutes before he started throwing feces?

Liberals can keep up their whining. We KNOW where it's ultimately coming from. We've learned the Alinsky playbook. We see who's really pulling the strings.

Mark Twain said, "Never pick a fight with someone who buys his ink by the barrel." .... I guess we'll see if that's still wisdom today, won't we?

How dare he let the American people know whats going on. Its annoying. I agree with you.

I guess they cut back to their regular programming because Obama is enamoured of the sound of his own voice and wouldn't shut the fuck up.

Has a US news program ever done that with the president before when there wasn't some breaking news they needed to cover?

No, I'm under the impression that if they were neutral they would let the man speak because what the president says is usually important.

I have the distinct impression that people like rightwinger and his libby cohorts watch Fox more than any repudlicans do

Trust me...I try

I can go about 10 minutes before I become irate at their shabby excuse for a news network. I tried to watch professional wrestling too. I figured all these people who watch must see something in it.
Like Fox, I came to the realization that the fans are just idiots.

but you admit you watch it RW....and so do all the other left leaning crowd here.....WHY?.....christ i cant stand watching any of those news shows lib or cons......if they SUCK,why are you watching giving them the ratings they have,and then turn around and bitch about it.....if you have to watch something on Fox....try Fringe,Bones....this new one Human Target aint bad either.....the so called news shows suck,and if you watch it daily,then you must be one of the IDIOTS Rw mentions above....

I cant speak for RW but I know I get my fox info from msnbc. They ALWAYS point out the hypocrisy from them. I also listen to Stephanie miller on xm who does this bit daily on her show. She points out right wing crap daily and everything ...EVERYTHING she says is factual.

No need to watch beck or hannity or fox and friends to know how dumb those idiots are. You can get full quotes in context from their shows easily. That is enough for me.

This last stunt by fox proves everything. They will let you see what they want you to see. If you disagree, explain why they stopped the president 20 minutes early or why they were actually talking after the question was asked and he was responding?

How do you spin that?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back