Four natural tricks to quit smoking instantly

^if I sit next to someone having a beer, and I do this 20 times a day for 20 years, I am not in any danger of getting liver damage because of second hand drinking.

Not so with smoking.

That danger from second hand smoke is actually debatable, according to the results of a recent large scale study!

What about getting brain damage or killed by a drunk driver? What about someone getting battered by their drunk spouse? What about kids being abused and neglected because their parents are drunks?

There are many, many cases of damage to others because of someone's drinking.

While I agree with you on the alcohol part of it, prolonged exposure to second hand smoke cannot be good for anyone. Being exposed to it every once in a while probably is not an issue, but kids who live in homes where their parents smoke all the time are most definitely at risk for many things they should not be.

Quit cigarette smoking to persons is not an easy job. Physician suggests the various ways to avoid smoking. Smoking is injurious for health; people who smoke know the smoking is bad for health. This addiction is extremely difficult to leave or quit it. So many individual are facing the problem to stop smoking. Here is few treatments for quit smoking:

1) Medication is best to quit smoking:
Several medications available in the market to quit smoking. You can get this medication online at very low cost value and generic medication is effective treatment to beat smoking habit instantly. Before taking this medication, take advice from your physician.

2) Breathing is easy method to leave smoking:
This is natural remedy to quit smoking. Breathing exercise is part of yoga and meditation they assist you to control your intake of nicotine habit. Practice of breathing exercise will help you to remove the harmful substance in the body. Regular practice of breathing will give you an effective result.

3) Increase the intake of drinking water:
Lots of drinking water in a day stay you hydrated all time and help to stay away from smoking. It also assists you to clean the all-waste material like nicotine in the body.

4) Try nicotine gum to quit smoking:
Nicotine gum is effective treatment to stop smoking. It reduce nicotine intake and help to leave smoking slowly.

If you try this natural treatment in your daily life definitely you will get effective result within couple of days.

It's easy to quit, not so easy to stay off of the dang things. It's the same as being addicted to drugs. I quit with the patches, I used them for about a week. I wasn't around smokers where I worked or at home so it was somewhat easier but still a very tough thing to do.

I applaud anyone who quits and stays off of them, including me. :) Labor Day 2014 will be 11 years.

Congrats. I am at 30 months. The thing that not only helped me quit but should keep me from ever going back to smoking is the fact that I began exercising on a regular basis. Going back to smoking would ruin everything I have gained on that front.

Quit cigarette smoking to persons is not an easy job. Physician suggests the various ways to avoid smoking. Smoking is injurious for health; people who smoke know the smoking is bad for health. This addiction is extremely difficult to leave or quit it. So many individual are facing the problem to stop smoking. Here is few treatments for quit smoking:

1) Medication is best to quit smoking:
Several medications available in the market to quit smoking. You can get this medication online at very low cost value and generic medication is effective treatment to beat smoking habit instantly. Before taking this medication, take advice from your physician.

2) Breathing is easy method to leave smoking:
This is natural remedy to quit smoking. Breathing exercise is part of yoga and meditation they assist you to control your intake of nicotine habit. Practice of breathing exercise will help you to remove the harmful substance in the body. Regular practice of breathing will give you an effective result.

3) Increase the intake of drinking water:
Lots of drinking water in a day stay you hydrated all time and help to stay away from smoking. It also assists you to clean the all-waste material like nicotine in the body.

4) Try nicotine gum to quit smoking:
Nicotine gum is effective treatment to stop smoking. It reduce nicotine intake and help to leave smoking slowly.

If you try this natural treatment in your daily life definitely you will get effective result within couple of days.

In the past when I have wanted to break a bad habit, I just told myself, I am never going to do this again, and I stopped doing it. Mind over matter works for me, regardless of what it has been. :thup: Some of those things include stopping cigarette smoking, stop biting fingernails, stop putting up with a marriage that wasn't working, stop letting my emotions control me, etc.

We are creatures of habit and to first change our lives we must first change our habits and to first change our habits, we must first change our minds.

Anyone who thinks breaking nicotine addiction occurs easily was never addicted to it.

I would have to agree.

I quit smoking ... And I hate saying that because I hate sanctimonious ex-smokers.
When I say quit ... I mean quit smoking and not quit wanting to smoke.
When my physician asked if I wanted prescriptions or patches to stop smoking ... I asked him I could just roll them up and set fire to them.

I can get by without cigarettes just fine ... But that doesn't mean I don't want one.
I was lucky enough to have some discipline ... In fact, I had never smoked in my house.
It all comes to down to having the triggers necessary to not buy anymore cigarettes ... Just stop buying them and setting fire to the end of it.

Good Luck to those who choose to quit ... You can do it ... And it will be a bitch.

Last edited:
Some idiot MD on Fox News the other day claimed the most effective way to quit smoking was cold turkey. Look it up to see how wrong that claim is. So wrong it crosses over the line into bs absurdity.

Btw, just because you have an MD and specialize in pdiatry or proctology doesn't mean you know the first thing about psychology and addiction.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks breaking nicotine addiction occurs easily was never addicted to it.

I would have to agree.

I quit smoking ... And I hate saying that because I hate sanctimonious ex-smokers.
When I say quit ... I mean quit smoking and not quit wanting to smoke.
When my physician asked if I wanted prescriptions or patches to stop smoking ... I asked him I could just roll them up and set fire to them.

I can get by without cigarettes just fine ... But that doesn't mean I don't want one.
I was lucky enough to have some discipline ... In fact, I had never smoked in my house.
It all comes to down to having the triggers necessary to not buy anymore cigarettes ... Just stop buying them and setting fire to the end of it.

Good Luck to those who choose to quit ... You can do it ... And it will be a bitch.

Good post. :D

One way, I stopped the unhealthful habit was to change where I was, when I would smoke. So, in the morning before work, in my fave chair, I changed chairs. On the way to work, I took a different route. I stopped taking breaks at work. I drove home on yet, another route and when I got home, I sat on the couch, not in the chair.

In other words, I changed my habits and that worked. Soon, I know longer wanted to reach for a cigarette. Now the urge no longer comes over me. It takes time to break unhealthy habits but we all have it in us to do so.

I have always been able to do the things everyone says can't be done. Not simple or easy but doable. Mind over matter. I just have to notice a pattern of those things not working for me, and then I stop doing them, in one way or another.

Last edited:
Some idiot MD on Fox News the other day claimed the most effective way to quit smoking was cold turkey. Look it up to see how wrong that claim is. So wrong it crosses over the line into bs absurdity.

Btw, just because you have an MD and specialize in pdiatry or proctology doesn't mean you know the first thing about psychology and addiction.

The fact is that more people stop smoking successfully by quitting cold turkey than any other way. All those statistics you hear about success rates are flawed and used to promote stop smoking aids such as the patch and nicotine gum. The problem with all of those nicotine replacement methods is that it takes much longer to get the nicotine out of your system, and even longer for dopamine levels to drop to normal.

When you read this next paragraph, which is part of an article from Forbes, you will understand how truly ineffective all other methods of quitting are long term compared to quitting cold turkey. While quitting cold turkey may not have as good of a success rate in the short term, those who succeed tend to remain smoke free permanently.

Then there’s going cold turkey–the most common method. The American Cancer Society’s Cancer Facts and Figures 2003 reported that 91.4% of former U.S. adult smokers quit this way, or slowly decreased the amount they smoked.

The Best Ways To Quit Smoking - Forbes

So, what that statement tells us is that out of all former smokers, only 8.6% were successful quitting long term by using a method other than quitting cold turkey. This shows that the long term success rate of all those other methods combined is not very good at all compared to quitting cold turkey. There is a reason for this. People who quit cold turkey choose to quit on their own terms. Many who try quitting with other methods just aren't as serious about quitting as those who quit cold turkey. Read the full article. It is very informative. I happen to agree with it because I quit cold turkey.

Forum List

Back