Four Big Bangs Equal Four Huge Problems For Materialists/Atheists

Here is where the theory of God falls apart, "where did God come from".

Intelligence. Abraham started off as an atheist, smashing statues of gods, and dismissing ignorant superstitions.

It wasn't until he began to reason intelligently about what the nature of God as a living being must be that the living God appeared to him through dreams and visions...

So based on that one can surmise that God came from an incorporeal realm of conscious life somehow connected to the only thing incorporeal in human beings, the conscious mind.
Actually, most of the early gods were probably extra-terrestrials, if you look into it even a little. Ancient Aliens, some of that shit is pretty freeky.
So you’ll believe in anything so you don’t have to confront the truth.
You must have missed where I put in the word "probably", I'm not an arrogant sob who thinks he knows everything and the "truth", like you are.
I’ve yet to see you ever post that God may be real. You’ll post aliens are a possibility but never God.

In fact, I once asked you if there was anything that would prove the existence of God to you. And you said no. You’re in denial of reality.
I never said that, or can you quote me? No? Well, we all knew that already. Look, I'm agnostic, I don't believe that a god has definitely been proven, but leave the door open if some real proof ever comes along. In other words, at least I'm still looking, whereas, you've settled on a book of fiction written by goat herders who didn't even have the smarts to invent toilet paper.

There must first be a universe to expand or contract. Since something cannot come from nothing, why does the universe exist at all?

For the same reason, where did the black hole come from?
And where did god come from?

See #5.
"rules of existence"? :huh1:

All things have an origin.

So god as well?

No. By logical argument, that is not logical.

And how do you know that there is only one god? There might be a whole posse of gods.

Since the rule of existence does not apply, perhaps our numerical divisions also do not apply. One and many may be the same.

I don't watch videos, sum it up for everyone.
Really? Lots of pictures for you.

But address the requirements of you being self aware and calling you, you.
I don't know, and neither do you. So you can stop pretending. It's a theory you're presenting, which is ok. But it sure isn't fact.
Are you more than this?
If yes, share with us.
View attachment 226622
I already said that I don't know why we're here. You're pretending that you do know. And I'll keep looking, while you keep your head well stuck in the sand.
Nope, you attack any chance God exists in every thread.
Just like you’re doing here.
You’re terrified of God.
How so?

Intelligence. Abraham started off as an atheist, smashing statues of gods, and dismissing ignorant superstitions.

It wasn't until he began to reason intelligently about what the nature of God as a living being must be that the living God appeared to him through dreams and visions...

So based on that one can surmise that God came from an incorporeal realm of conscious life somehow connected to the only thing incorporeal in human beings, the conscious mind.
Actually, most of the early gods were probably extra-terrestrials, if you look into it even a little. Ancient Aliens, some of that shit is pretty freeky.

Well, Jesus did say that his kingdom was not of this world.

Even so if a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, living creatures became aware of life evolving on earth they would have had to visit here through that which is not bound by space or time.
Wormholes are theoretically possible. Who knows what a civilization that's a billion years older than ours can do?
Exactly. If a living creature that only resembled a human being came down from the sky, put you in a trance, and controlled the images in your mind you would have called him Lord and master too..

You must have missed where I put in the word "probably", I'm not an arrogant sob who thinks he knows everything and the "truth", like you are.
I’ve yet to see you ever post that God may be real. You’ll post aliens are a possibility but never God.

In fact, I once asked you if there was anything that would prove the existence of God to you. And you said no. You’re in denial of reality.
I never said that, or can you quote me? No? Well, we all knew that already. Look, I'm agnostic, I don't believe that a god has definitely been proven, but leave the door open if some real proof ever comes along. In other words, at least I'm still looking, whereas, you've settled on a book of fiction written by goat herders who didn't even have the smarts to invent toilet paper.
An agnostic who’s interested in truth does not go around attacking any possibility of Gods existence.

And FYI - those goat herders invented and built things still in use today.

And where did god come from?

See #5.
"rules of existence"? :huh1:

So god as well?

And how do you know that there is only one god? There might be a whole posse of gods.

Since the rule of existence does not apply, perhaps our numerical divisions also do not apply. One and many may be the same.
Do you make this shit up as you go along? :biggrin:

And please, stay away from the words "logic" and "logical", otherwise Miriam Webster might have to come and give you a whoopin'.

"Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America." :auiqs.jpg:
Don't know what that is, and who are you quoting?

"Chariots of the Gods" is a book by Eric Von Daniken outlining his speculations regarding extraterrestrial visits and the creation of gods. It was a laugh a minute.

The quote is from Carpenter's film "The Thing".

Last edited:

Even so if a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, living creatures became aware of life evolving on earth they would have had to visit here through that which is not bound by space or time.
Wormholes are theoretically possible. Who knows what a civilization that's a billion years older than ours can do?
Exactly. If a living creature that only resembled a human being came down from the sky and controlled the images in your mind you would have called him Lord and master too..
I don't know what that means. Put down the whiskey and go to bed.

Exactly. If a living creature that only resembled a human being came down from the sky and controlled the images in your mind you would have called him Lord and master too..
I don't know what that means. Put down the whiskey and go to bed.

I am really beginning to believe that you are brain damaged.

An agnostic who’s interested in truth does not go around attacking any possibility of Gods existence.

My position on your god is that it makes no sense what you say. I'm simply showing you the nonsense, not attacking anything. You feel attacked because deep down, you know that what I say is valid, and that scares you.

There are key issues that atheists refuse to address, because if they do their position falls apart. Science tells us that the universe came into being via The Big Bang. But how do you get from energy and matter to a self-aware human being? That takes three additional Big Bangs that science cannot explain.

Have you ever wondered why is there something rather than nothing? Yes, it’s an esoteric question and not one any normal person is ever likely to think about without prompting.

So consider yourself prompted because it is an important question, one of the most important of all questions in fact. How important? Well, it’s more significant even than the question of whether a problem is solved if a congressman describes a solution but nobody on C-SPAN is listening?

Or, just to put it in the most personal of terms, why are you here rather than not here?

“Or, to put it in the most personal of terms, why are you here rather than not here?”

Actually, we know why you are here – your folks and you know what. But why were they there rather than not there? Start asking those kinds of questions and eventually you come to this one: Why is there something rather than nothing?

iApologia’s Daniel Currier posesthat question in a slightly different form. He frames it as the “Cosmological Big Bang,” one of the four “big bangs” that materialists/atheists must explain in order to maintain their particular faith:

• The “Cosmological Big Bang”
  • The “Biological Big Bang”
  • The “Psychological Big Bang”
  • The “Moral Big Bang”
The question of the Cosmological Big Bang, however, is not the issue of whenthe universe came into being but rather why it did. As Currier puts it:

“Simply put, from our experience, nothing ever makes something. Everything that begins to exist had a prior cause. Also, the fine tuning of the universe, like carburetors, cars and chainsaws, points to a fine tuner. Finely tuned things ultimately have an intelligent cause.”

Sometimes, materialists/atheists try to resolve the issue by simply defining it as irrelevant, as with this observation by Stephen Hawking from one of his “no boundary” lectures, referenced by Currier from LiveScience:

“Events before the Big Bang are simply not defined, because there’s no way one could measure what happened at them. Since events before the Big Bang have no observational consequences, one may as well cut them out of the theory, and say that time began at the Big Bang.”

But this “singularity” was a something, not a nothing. So it doesn’t answer the question of why is there something, whatever we choose to call it, rather than nothing?

And just to really give you something to think about, philosopher William Lane Craig points out that science in and of itself must be inadequate to the task of answering this question “if ‘nothing’ is understood in its standard usage because science only deals with what exists.”

“But this ‘singularity’ was a something, not a nothing. So it doesn’t answer the question of why is there something, whatever we choose to call it, rather than nothing?”

That is to say, as Craig continues, “science by its nature is an exploration of the physical natural world and its properties, and there is no such thing as a physics of non-being. Science only studies what exists, so the whole claim that science could explain how something came from nothing, when that word is used in its standard meaning, is absurd.”

Take a few minutes of quiet time to read Currier’s discussion of all four of big bangs. Then come back and share your thoughts with the rest of us.

Four Big Bangs Equal Four Huge Problems For Materialists/Atheists

The late great Reds pitcher Frank Pastore on the issue:

Hey, religious kid, which "Big Bang" generated your deity?

The sheer vastness of time and space renders the chances of such a civilization existing simultaneously with our own astronomical to the power of infinity.

My position on your god is that it makes no sense what you say. I'm simply showing you the nonsense, not attacking anything. You feel attacked because deep down, you know that what I say is valid, and that scares you.
You’ve ignored the points of the OP, validating my point that nonbelievers must ignore them or their position collapses.

The sheer vastness of time and space renders the chances of such a civilization existing simultaneously with our own astronomical to the power of infinity.
Your answer is a tad vague, are you saying that we're alone in the universe?

You’ve ignored the points of the OP, validating my point that nonbelievers must ignore them or their position collapses.
The points in the OP are a theory, which is ok. You're saying that they are facts, and that has not been proven. Not in the OP, and not by you.

Which universe?

What if it is not a civilization existing simultaneously to our own? What if reports of contact with angels and Gods is communication from a civilization destroyed long ago or from a distant future yet to exist?

The points in the OP are a theory, which is ok. You're saying that they are facts, and that has not been proven. Not in the OP, and not by you.
Theory?

• The “Cosmological Big Bang”
Do you question the existence of everything around you?
  • The “Biological Big Bang”
Do you question the existence of life?
  • The “Psychological Big Bang”
Do you question you can ask questions?
  • The “Moral Big Bang
Do you question if you can reason between good and evil?

So god as well?

Do you make this shit up as you go along? :biggrin:

And please, stay away from the words "logic" and "logical", otherwise Miriam Webster might have to come and give you a whoopin'.

Hmmm. Dimensional concepts are too much for you, eh?

Try reading "Flatland". It's a real simple read, presented in elementary fashion.

Nope.

Forum List

Back