Found a lot of southern recipes

You ain't a real man until you've had son of a bitch stew and hardtack..
Various recipes exist for this beef stew, and some sources say its ingredients may vary according to whatever is on hand. Most recipes involve meat and offal from a calf, though, making sonofabitch stew something of a luxury item on the trail. Alan Davidson's Oxford Companion to Food specifies meats and organs from a freshly killed unweaned calf, including the brain, heart, liver, sweetbreads, tongue, pieces of tenderloin, and an item called the "marrow gut" and much Louisiana hot sauce.
Hardtack is a simple type of biscuit or cracker made from flour, water, and sometimes salt. Hardtack

One of my favorite Southern recipes: Possum Stew ... mornings are the best time to collect yer possum off the road ... you-uns ...
Only had possum once. What the recipe forgot is to soak the possum in salt water and vinegar over night. It still did not taste good. In my household it was squirrels for supper many times during hunting season. Believe it or not its really good.

One of my favorite Southern recipes: Possum Stew ... mornings are the best time to collect yer possum off the road ... you-uns ...
Only had possum once. What the recipe forgot is to soak the possum in salt water and vinegar over night. It still did not taste good. In my household it was squirrels for supper many times during hunting season. Believe it or not its really good.
So is rabbits...

I helped a fella with his long line trapping operation ... he let me deal with the possums we caught ... nasty smelling things, can't imagine eating them ... hated skinning them but I did need to learn how ...

45 Southern Comfort Foods for Winter (msn.com) Not sure if this showed up on others home page. So I thought I would post it. Some good eatin ;) :stir:
:slap: You lie!

Oh, never mind.

When you open up the link it's a slide away (if you click on the right) from 26 Heart Healthy Dinner Recipes for Winter. I am scrolling through those going that isn't southern. Hey..............what is that?

Then it dawned on me that if I open the link and move left that I can see all the recipes designated Southern.

So, yep...........never mind. :11_2_1043:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back