Forum Jump

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Anybody seen the Forum Jump button that used to be at the bottom of most pages? It sure beat having to go to the top, pull up the forums page a choose again.

The triple line icon above the rss feed.
That's not the one of which I speak. We used to have a selector bar at the bottom of the page that let one either return to the existing thread's forum or to scroll in a mini-window to another forum selection for immediate opening.

Clicking where you say merely takes one to the full page forums list with all the posting info. The one I miss was just a simple list of the forums in a selection pallet about the size of a sticky note. I would show you exactly what I mean, but the opportunity to do so is not available here. I guess I could go to another site and do a screen capture, but it's not worth the effort. Admin knows what I'm talking about..

That's not the one of which I speak. We used to have a selector bar at the bottom of the page that let one either return to the existing thread's forum or to scroll in a mini-window to another forum selection for immediate opening.

Clicking where you say merely takes one to the full page forums list with all the posting info. The one I miss was just a simple list of the forums in a selection pallet about the size of a sticky note. I would show you exactly what I mean, but the opportunity to do so is not available here. I guess I could go to another site and do a screen capture, but it's not worth the effort. Admin knows what I'm talking about..

So do I.

What I referred to is what we have.

So do I.

I agree that one can get to another forum by clicking as you say. However, this is not the same as the forum jump feature we had with Vbulletin.

So do I.

I agree that one can get to another forum by clicking as you say. However, this is not the same as the forum jump feature we had with Vbulletin.

Which this site no longer uses.

So do I.

My apologies. I found the triple bar symbol on the right side of the tool bar. When I first read your answer, I thought the "triple bar" referred to the Forums-USMB Office-Announcements and Feedback tags on the left side of the tool bar.

I owe you at least a keg of beer! Send me your fax number!

So do I.

My apologies. I found the triple bar symbol on the right side of the tool bar. When I first read your answer, I thought the "triple bar" referred to the Forums-USMB Office-Announcements and Feedback tags on the left side of the tool bar.

I appreciate the sentiment, but that wouldn't do in my line of work... and I'm always at work.

Glad you got it sorted! :)

So do I.

I appreciate the sentiment, but that wouldn't do in my line of work... and I'm always at work.

The little triple bar thingy appears at the bottom of each page too. That's the handiest position for it....keeps one from having to go back to the top.

So do I.

The little triple bar thingy appears at the bottom of each page too. That's the handiest position for it....keeps one from having to go back to the top.

There IS one at the top though, just so you know (the one at the bottom was the original icon I was referring to).

Forum List

Back