Former Wisconsin Attorney Gen: Gov. Walker Violated Ethics, Election and Labor Laws

You can't impeach the Gov for at least a year people. Some state rep's who have been in office for more than a year could be.

But the truth is this, in a short time we will have election again and those who stayed home because they didn't like what got done have found out that there are many things worse than just holding on, there is a place that republicans are trying to send us that you won't see the time of day from.

Laws and rules are only made for democrats and independants so republicans can force them to do things because they are law abiding. The conservative part of our country has show that crime pays and laws don't have anything to do with them.

Have a reference for this?

He prolly has "impeached" mixed up with "recall" from what I gather from that post.

Might be. I don't think an impeachment would work, but it would be nice to make the majority republicans go through the motions of refusing to impeach him, thus making themselves co-conspirators to Walkers stand.

"Omgyouputitinbold!" - this is the most intelligent comment "driveby" has said thusfar.

In fact, this is the most intelligent comment that any conservative has articulated in this whole thread!
we're still waiting for your first

I'm still waiting on your response as well..............................

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...cs-election-and-labor-laws-4.html#post3371838
look on the last page

Have a reference for this?

He prolly has "impeached" mixed up with "recall" from what I gather from that post.

Might be. I don't think an impeachment would work, but it would be nice to make the majority republicans go through the motions of refusing to impeach him, thus making themselves co-conspirators to Walkers stand.
the state assembly would have to move a motion of impeachment first
and that AINT gonna happen

besides, what "crime" has the governor committed
if you still think that prank call is proof of anything you are fucking insane'

Just goes to show what happens when you let "conservatives" loose on a forum without being under the supervision of a responsible adult!

Just goes to show what happens when you let "conservatives" loose on a forum without being under the supervision of a responsible adult!
you are the one that needs adult supervision

DiveCon
Thanked 3,956 Times in 3,075 Posts

Do they actually give out "Thanks" and "Rep Power" to "DiveCon" for meritorious contributions in the fields of "swearing" and "verbal abuse?"

"DiveCon" contributions to civil discourse
- fucking insane
- uh, it was democrats fucking up
- if my language offends you, tough shit
- fuck off again
- fuck off moron
- idiot
- fuck off again, moron
- fuck off moron
- you have shown yoursefl to be a fucking idiot
- fuck off moron
- you dipshit
- you look like an even bigger moron
- idiot
- that's fucking stupid

Last edited:

Do they actually give out "Thanks" and "Rep Power" to "DiveCon" for meritorious contributions in the fields of "swearing" and "verbal abuse?"

- fucking insane'
- fuck off again
- fuck off moron
- idiot
- fuck off again, moron
- fuck off moron
- fuck off moron
- you dipshit
- idiot
- that's fucking stupid
jealous, asswipe?

I agree they will never get him impeached. The very action of attempting to impeach him is sufficient, as it throws light on the legislature who defends him.

And I feel the tape is strong evidence he talked to someone about stirring up violence in Madison, and did nothing about it by alerting the authorities. You just can't can't stand by and do nothing. And I think the police want to talk to the shit disturber the governor is hiding. And the governor takes an oath to protect the people of Wisconsin, not some of them.

If it came to light that someone wanted to bomb your house, but the witness refused to reveal who the bomber is, I think you might get upset. You might want to claim he is committing a crime by being an accomplice to a crime that hasn't occurred yet. Is that correct?

I agree they will never get him impeached. The very action of attempting to impeach him is sufficient, as it throws light on the legislature who defends him.

And I feel the tape is strong evidence he talked to someone about stirring up violence in Madison, and did nothing about it by alerting the authorities. You just can't can't stand by and do nothing. And I think the police want to talk to the shit disturber the governor is hiding. And the governor takes an oath to protect the people of Wisconsin, not some of them.

If it came to light that someone wanted to bomb your house, but the witness refused to reveal who the bomber is, I think you might get upset. You might want to claim he is committing a crime by being an accomplice to a crime that hasn't occurred yet. Is that correct?
oh give me a break
he did no such thing
LOL
you silly libtards want to make that into something it isnt
and you only make yourself look foolish in the process

Scott+Walker.jpg
Scott+Walker.jpg
Scott+Walker.jpg

When Gov. Scott Walker discussed strategies to lay off state employees for political purposes, to coordinate supposedly “independent” political expenditures to aid legislators who support his budget repair bill, and to place agent provocateurs on the streets of Madison in order to disrupt peaceful demonstrations, he engaged in what a former attorney general of Wisconsin says could turn out to be serious ethics, election law and labor violations.

More

Peg Lautenschlager, a Democrat

You're kidding? A Democrat ex-AG is outraged?

I am astounded!

/sarcasm

oh give me a break
he did no such thing
LOL

You know Dive, much of politics and campaigning is rhetoric. We as voters only get a better understanding of who the person we elected really is, by comparing his or her actions with their rhetoric and campaign promises. There is always speculation of that elected official's true intent and agenda.

But this taped phone conversation gives voters a clear view of Walker's intent and agenda...CRYSTAL clear.

Walker didn't run on decertifying public employee unions during his 2010 campaign. He would never have been elected governor if he had. He promised a fiscal conservative approach because of budget and revenue problems all states are facing. Walker immediately hands $140,000,000 in tax breaks to corporate donors, THEN, he declares a $137,000,000 budget shortfall and enacts a rarely used emergency repair bill to basically declare himself a dictator.

Walker admits he considered endangering citizens he is sworn to protect by placing thugs in a crowd of schoolteachers, nurses, fire fighters, guys who drive snowplows and their families. But he also admits WHY he didn't do it...not because it is wrong, not because it is immoral, not because it is unethical and not because people might get hurt or worse. He makes it clear why he didn't do it:
"... My only fear would be is if there was a ruckus caused that that would scare the public into thinking maybe the governor has got to settle to avoid all these problems."

What? It's now a crime to be a troublemaker?

A handful of you smelly moonbats congregate and suddenly it's unlawful to present an opposing viewpoint?

Post number 3, and already off topic....... I suppose we will have to start all over.

Typical reaction, moonbats don't like being called out on their hypocrisy.......:lol:
This is supposed to be a "forum," - is their not even one conservative out there that has the intellect and language skills capable of participating in what passes for a serious debate?

Debate? Rightwingers debate? They are just into the being told and telling of things.

oh give me a break
he did no such thing
LOL

You know Dive, much of politics and campaigning is rhetoric. We as voters only get a better understanding of who the person we elected really is, by comparing his or her actions with their rhetoric and campaign promises. There is always speculation of that elected official's true intent and agenda.

But this taped phone conversation gives voters a clear view of Walker's intent and agenda...CRYSTAL clear.

Walker didn't run on decertifying public employee unions during his 2010 campaign. He would never have been elected governor if he had. He promised a fiscal conservative approach because of budget and revenue problems all states are facing. Walker immediately hands $140,000,000 in tax breaks to corporate donors, THEN, he declares a $137,000,000 budget shortfall and enacts a rarely used emergency repair bill to basically declare himself a dictator.

Walker admits he considered endangering citizens he is sworn to protect by placing thugs in a crowd of schoolteachers, nurses, fire fighters, guys who drive snowplows and their families. But he also admits WHY he didn't do it...not because it is wrong, not because it is immoral, not because it is unethical and not because people might get hurt or worse. He makes it clear why he didn't do it:
"... My only fear would be is if there was a ruckus caused that that would scare the public into thinking maybe the governor has got to settle to avoid all these problems."
and he isnt doing any of this shit you claim either

oh give me a break
he did no such thing
LOL

He certainly is Dive...why are you folks on the right so uninformed? He also talked in the phone conversation on how he planned to trick Democrats to come back to the Senate by saying he wanted to negotiate, then when they do show up he will pass the bill as is. This guy is a slime ball, if you support this kind of Governor then you are a partisan hack and a slime ball like Walker.

There is even more in this bill Walker is trying to ram through that he isn't talking about.

These lesser known proposals in the 144-page bill reveal how radical Walker’s plan actually is:

1. ELIMINATING MEDICAID: The Budget Repair Bill includes a little-known provision that would put complete control of the state’s Medicaid program, known as BadgerCare, in the hands of the state’s ultra-conservative Health and Human Services Secretary Dennis Smith. Smith would have the authority to “to override state Medicaid laws as [he] sees fit and institute sweeping changes” including reducing benefits and limiting eligibility. Ironically, during the 1990s it was Republicans, especially former Gov. and Bush HHS Secretary Tommy Thompson, who helped develop BadgerCare into one of the country’s most innovative and generous Medicaid programs. A decade later, a new generation of radical Republicans is hoping to destroy one of Wisconsin’s “success stories.”

2. POWER PLANT PRIVATIZATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL NEGLECT: The same budget bill calls for a rapid no-bid “firesale” of all state-owned power plants. One progressive blogger called the proposal “a highlight reel of all of the tomahawk dunks of neo-Gilded Age corporatism: privatization, no-bid contracts, deregulation, and naked cronyism” and suggested that the provision will open the way for large, politically connected corporations to buy up the state’s power plants on the cheap. While it’s unclear whether corporations would be interested in buying the plants, a similar proposal was vetoed six years ago by Gov. Jim Doyle (D), who called the plan fiscally and environmentally irresponsible. Many of Wisconsin’s power plants are in violation of federal clean air regulations and desperately need to be upgraded and cleaned up — not dumped into the private sector.

3. DANGEROUS DRINKING WATER: Republican lawmakers have introduced bills in both the Senate and the House which would repeal a rule requiring municipal governments to disinfect their water. Conservatives have said that the clean water rule — which went into effect in December — is simply too expensive. Yet the rule only affects 12 percent of municipalities and the price may be worth it. In 1993, 104 people died and 400,000 fell sick when the Milwaukee water supply became infected. Even two decades later, the Environmental Protection Agency Advisory Board notes that 13 percent of acute gastro-intestinal illnesses in municipalities that don’t disinfect their water supplies are the result of dirty water. Municipalities can keep their water clean for as low as $10,000 per well — but apparently for the Wisconsin GOP that is too high a price to pay to keep citizens safe from deadly microorganisms.

4. DESTROYING WETLANDS: In January, Walker’s proposed regulatory reform bill exempted a parcel of wetland owned by a Republican donor from water quality standards. But the exemption was more than just an embarrassing giveaway to a GOP ally: environmental groups believe the bill’s special provision would actually affect the entire county, eliminating public hearings on proposed wetland development, short-circuiting approval of development projects, and disrupting the region’s water system.

5. FISCAL IRRESPONSIBILITY: Walker signed a bill this week requiring a 2/3 supermajority in the legislature to pass any tax increase. Republican lawmakers are now reportedly considering a constitutional amendment that would make the rule permanent. A similar constitutional amendment in California has been called the “source of misery” of that state’s crippling budget crisis and has forced lawmakers to “gut public education, slash social services and health care programs, close prisons, and lay off record numbers of public employees.” While claiming to “make a commitment to the future instead of [choosing] dire consequences for our children” Walker and GOP lawmakers are instead putting generations of Wisconsinites in a “fiscal strait-jacket.”

6. DISENFRANCHISING VOTERS: This week, Republican lawmakers moved forward on a bill that would require voters to present a photo ID from the DMV at the polls, making it significantly more difficult for the elderly, the disabled, college students, and rural residents to participate in elections. While Republican lawmakers insist the bill is necessary to prevent voter fraud, there have been almost no documented cases of fraudulent voting in the state. Instead, the Wisconsin State Journal writes, the GOP bill is going “overboard in limiting ballot access in a state proud of its long history of high participation in elections.”

7. CUTTING JOBS, LOSING THE FUTURE: Last fall, Walker killed an $810 billion federally funded high-speed rail project, forcing the Transportation Department to pull its funding. Walker’s decision killed 130,000 expected jobs and forced the Spanish company Talgo to close its Milwaukee factory and layoff its 40 person staff. A spokeswoman for the company told The Daily Reporter that “the state’s decision to back away from the high-speed rail project sends a terrible message to businesses considering locating in the state.”

8. STIFLING INNOVATION: In late January, Walker introduced a bill that would ban wind-powered energy from Wisconsin and exacerbate the state’s dependence on out-of-state coal. If passed, it’s estimated that the law would immediately eliminate $1.8 billion in new wind power investments and jeopardize eleven currently proposed wind projects. After a public outcry earlier this month, Walker’s bill is (for now) dead.

9. “NAKED POWER GRAB”: Earlier this month in a party-line vote, the legislature ceded “extraordinary control” of the state’s rule-making oversight process to the governor. Walker now has complete power to draft agency rules which the legislature must then either approve or reject. The law gives Walker the power to write rules for formerly independent state agencies like the state Departments of Justice and Education — and most ominously the Government Accountability Board, the state’s ethics watchdog.

10. POLITICIZING STATE AGENCIES: A provision in Walker’s budget repair bill would convert thirty-seven state employees from civil servants to political appointees — consolidating his power over state government and expanding his power to “hire, fire and move key employees to carry out his agenda.” ref

He certainly is Dive...why are you folks on the right so uninformed? He also talked in the phone conversation on how he planned to trick Democrats to come back to the Senate by saying he wanted to negotiate, then when they do show up he will pass the bill as is. This guy is a slime ball, if you support this kind of Governor then you are a partisan hack and a slime ball like Walker.

There is even more in this bill Walker is trying to ram through that he isn't talking about.

These lesser known proposals in the 144-page bill reveal how radical Walker’s plan actually is:

1. ELIMINATING MEDICAID: The Budget Repair Bill includes a little-known provision that would put complete control of the state’s Medicaid program, known as BadgerCare, in the hands of the state’s ultra-conservative Health and Human Services Secretary Dennis Smith. Smith would have the authority to “to override state Medicaid laws as [he] sees fit and institute sweeping changes” including reducing benefits and limiting eligibility. Ironically, during the 1990s it was Republicans, especially former Gov. and Bush HHS Secretary Tommy Thompson, who helped develop BadgerCare into one of the country’s most innovative and generous Medicaid programs. A decade later, a new generation of radical Republicans is hoping to destroy one of Wisconsin’s “success stories.”

2. POWER PLANT PRIVATIZATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL NEGLECT: The same budget bill calls for a rapid no-bid “firesale” of all state-owned power plants. One progressive blogger called the proposal “a highlight reel of all of the tomahawk dunks of neo-Gilded Age corporatism: privatization, no-bid contracts, deregulation, and naked cronyism” and suggested that the provision will open the way for large, politically connected corporations to buy up the state’s power plants on the cheap. While it’s unclear whether corporations would be interested in buying the plants, a similar proposal was vetoed six years ago by Gov. Jim Doyle (D), who called the plan fiscally and environmentally irresponsible. Many of Wisconsin’s power plants are in violation of federal clean air regulations and desperately need to be upgraded and cleaned up — not dumped into the private sector.

3. DANGEROUS DRINKING WATER: Republican lawmakers have introduced bills in both the Senate and the House which would repeal a rule requiring municipal governments to disinfect their water. Conservatives have said that the clean water rule — which went into effect in December — is simply too expensive. Yet the rule only affects 12 percent of municipalities and the price may be worth it. In 1993, 104 people died and 400,000 fell sick when the Milwaukee water supply became infected. Even two decades later, the Environmental Protection Agency Advisory Board notes that 13 percent of acute gastro-intestinal illnesses in municipalities that don’t disinfect their water supplies are the result of dirty water. Municipalities can keep their water clean for as low as $10,000 per well — but apparently for the Wisconsin GOP that is too high a price to pay to keep citizens safe from deadly microorganisms.

4. DESTROYING WETLANDS: In January, Walker’s proposed regulatory reform bill exempted a parcel of wetland owned by a Republican donor from water quality standards. But the exemption was more than just an embarrassing giveaway to a GOP ally: environmental groups believe the bill’s special provision would actually affect the entire county, eliminating public hearings on proposed wetland development, short-circuiting approval of development projects, and disrupting the region’s water system.

5. FISCAL IRRESPONSIBILITY: Walker signed a bill this week requiring a 2/3 supermajority in the legislature to pass any tax increase. Republican lawmakers are now reportedly considering a constitutional amendment that would make the rule permanent. A similar constitutional amendment in California has been called the “source of misery” of that state’s crippling budget crisis and has forced lawmakers to “gut public education, slash social services and health care programs, close prisons, and lay off record numbers of public employees.” While claiming to “make a commitment to the future instead of [choosing] dire consequences for our children” Walker and GOP lawmakers are instead putting generations of Wisconsinites in a “fiscal strait-jacket.”

6. DISENFRANCHISING VOTERS: This week, Republican lawmakers moved forward on a bill that would require voters to present a photo ID from the DMV at the polls, making it significantly more difficult for the elderly, the disabled, college students, and rural residents to participate in elections. While Republican lawmakers insist the bill is necessary to prevent voter fraud, there have been almost no documented cases of fraudulent voting in the state. Instead, the Wisconsin State Journal writes, the GOP bill is going “overboard in limiting ballot access in a state proud of its long history of high participation in elections.”

7. CUTTING JOBS, LOSING THE FUTURE: Last fall, Walker killed an $810 billion federally funded high-speed rail project, forcing the Transportation Department to pull its funding. Walker’s decision killed 130,000 expected jobs and forced the Spanish company Talgo to close its Milwaukee factory and layoff its 40 person staff. A spokeswoman for the company told The Daily Reporter that “the state’s decision to back away from the high-speed rail project sends a terrible message to businesses considering locating in the state.”

8. STIFLING INNOVATION: In late January, Walker introduced a bill that would ban wind-powered energy from Wisconsin and exacerbate the state’s dependence on out-of-state coal. If passed, it’s estimated that the law would immediately eliminate $1.8 billion in new wind power investments and jeopardize eleven currently proposed wind projects. After a public outcry earlier this month, Walker’s bill is (for now) dead.

9. “NAKED POWER GRAB”: Earlier this month in a party-line vote, the legislature ceded “extraordinary control” of the state’s rule-making oversight process to the governor. Walker now has complete power to draft agency rules which the legislature must then either approve or reject. The law gives Walker the power to write rules for formerly independent state agencies like the state Departments of Justice and Education — and most ominously the Government Accountability Board, the state’s ethics watchdog.

10. POLITICIZING STATE AGENCIES: A provision in Walker’s budget repair bill would convert thirty-seven state employees from civil servants to political appointees — consolidating his power over state government and expanding his power to “hire, fire and move key employees to carry out his agenda.” ref
find a better source than think progress bullshit

DISprove it first...

DISprove it first...
nope

maybe i should post some newsmax and WND links and tell youi to disprove it first

yeah, that would fly
:rolleyes:

DiveCon

"DiveCon" contributions to civil discourse
- fucking insane
- fuck off again
- fuck off moron
- idiot
- fuck off again, moron
- fuck off moron
- fuck off moron
- you dipshit
- idiot
- that's fucking stupid

I rep him all the time and each of the responses you have quoted are perfect rebuttals to the lame, moonbat talking points you keep spewing.......

Forum List

Back