Former Pastor Converts To Atheism

Former pastor Ryan Bell was asked to step down from his Seventh-day Adventist congregation in March 2014, after openly questioning his faith. For his New Year's resolution he decided to try living without Gawd for one year.

He announced to NPR recently that he no longer believes in Gawd.

After A Year Without God Former Pastor Ryan Bell No Longer Believes

Even Mother Teresa admitted to having moments of doubt. Virtually any thinking being probably does and certainly should.

Nope.....if your "conversion" was based on emotion no faith was involved tobegin with BTW this is not a particularly rare occurrence,

That's cool...it didn't work out all that well for Madalyn Murray O'Hair. She ended up riddled with bullets and dumped into a lake if I remember correctly. Piece of female shit got just what she deserved.

Murder of Madalyn Murray O Hair
What a Christian thing to say.

I just believe in GOD. Which doesn't mean I'm a practicing Christian. I haven't been one since my last Easter egg hunt at about age six or seven. But I'm sure no goddamned atheist either and literally hate those bastards for attacking our constitutional rights to practice the religion of our choice in public. So screw your atheist ass/

Then what are the billboards and web sites for?

To make people think, or to piss Christian's off at Christmas time, depending on how you want to look at it. LOL!

Sure. Billboards and web sites have nothing at all to do with marketing. Gotcha.

Out of curiosity, if one has simply let go why do they feel the need to piss off Christians?

I understand that you're still working overtime to make atheism a religion, when it just isn't.

Actually, I'm not. I'm just impressed how much you are. :)

Actually, you're the one who brought up atheism having a belief system, when the fact remains that it does not. There is NO dogma!

You are the one who called it a conversion. I simply asked how one can be converted to something if it is not a belief system.

To make people think, or to piss Christian's off at Christmas time, depending on how you want to look at it. LOL!

Sure. Billboards and web sites have nothing at all to do with marketing. Gotcha.

Out of curiosity, if one has simply let go why do they feel the need to piss off Christians?

I understand that you're still working overtime to make atheism a religion, when it just isn't.

Actually, you're the one who brought up atheism having a belief system, when the fact remains that it does not. There is NO dogma!

You are the one who called it a conversion. I simply asked how one can be converted to something if it is not a belief system.

That was a poor title choice, nothing more.

Ok. I think more telling than poor. But.... ok.

Ok. I think more telling than poor. But.... ok.

Of course you do.

No problem, the point is well-made: when one realizes the truth that there is no 'god' as perceived by theists, that 'god' and religion are creations of man, be becomes free from faith and no longer practices any religion.

No problem, the point is well-made: when one realizes the truth that there is no 'god' as perceived by theists, that 'god' and religion are creations of man, be becomes free from faith and no longer practices any religion.

And yet, that was a statement of pure faith.

Oh, stop with your petty bs.

No. If you can continue with your petty bs, then I can as well. Which does not change the fact that his was a statement of pure faith.

No, it wasn't.

This is yet another thread you troll where you press your "atheism is a religion" script. Your petty arguments have been addressed and refuted.

There is no atheist church with a mission to convert people to atheism, there is no atheist-outreach program.

Maybe atheists need one--

Hey, we could even create Jack Chick like pamphlets denouncing religion--especially Christianity--and hand them out to the public or post them on the internet.

No, it wasn't.

This is yet another thread you troll where you press your "atheism is a religion" script. Your petty arguments have been addressed and refuted.

Not refuted, just denied. By all means, provide the evidence in support of that statement. I would love it if you could. If you can't, then it is a statement of pure faith. Saying it is not does not change it.

No. If you can continue with your petty bs, then I can as well. Which does not change the fact that his was a statement of pure faith.

It was a counter thread in response to MaxGrit's "Atheist Professor Converts to Christianity" thread. I don't know why you insist on making something out of nothing. Shuddup about it already, you're starting to get annoying.

No, it wasn't.

Not refuted, just denied. By all means, provide the evidence in support of that statement. I would love it if you could. If you can't, then it is a statement of pure faith. Saying it is not does not change it.
Refuted. Yes.

You are the one making the positive claim that atheism is a religion. You couldn't support that specious claim before and you can't now.

No, it wasn't.

Refuted. Yes.

You are the one making the positive claim that atheism is a religion. You couldn't support that specious claim before and you can't now.

What I said was his was a statement of pure faith. Do you have evidence to support his statement or do you not?

No, it wasn't.

Refuted. Yes.

What I said was his was a statement of pure faith. Do you have evidence to support his statement or do you not?
I knew you would bail out. You do that consistently.

Where is your evidence in support of your "atheism is a religion", slogan. You Have had opportunities to support your statement yet you continue to side step and evade.

Forum List

Back