Former Mossad head advocates Saudi peace plan

Salt Jones

Rookie
Mar 22, 2011
A former chief of Israeli intelligence, Meir Dagan, has urged political leaders to embrace the so-called Saudi peace initiative under which Israel would withdraw to its 1967 borders and give East Jerusalem back to the Palestinians.
In a forthright contradiction of the position of the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, that a withdrawal to 1967 borders posed an unacceptable security risk, Mr Dagan said Israel ''must present an initiative to the Palestinians''.
''We must adopt the Saudi initiative,'' Mr Dagan said.

Does this mean he is uninformed and an enemy of Israel?

A former chief of Israeli intelligence, Meir Dagan, has urged political leaders to embrace the so-called Saudi peace initiative under which Israel would withdraw to its 1967 borders and give East Jerusalem back to the Palestinians.
In a forthright contradiction of the position of the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, that a withdrawal to 1967 borders posed an unacceptable security risk, Mr Dagan said Israel ''must present an initiative to the Palestinians''. ''We must adopt the Saudi initiative,'' Mr Dagan said.
Thanks for making sure those types make sure they have a mental faculty of vocal communication after leaving office.

In a forthright contradiction of the position of the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, that a withdrawal to 1967 borders posed an unacceptable security risk, Mr Dagan said Israel ''must present an initiative to the Palestinians''.

Uh, paging JROC. Looks like security officials have spoken. Obviously you will be changing your position now. Look forward to hearing you being a great advocate for '67 borders.

Some people can see that Israel is heading toward a cliff and people like Nuttyyahoo has the peddle to the metal.

You really think that Israel is going to give up East Jerusalem and the wailing wall?
I don't' think so, that wall is too important to them.
How about the Church of the Holy Sepulchre? If Palestinians get that part of the city, forget about Christians ever being able to see it again.
And the Golan Heights? You think that Israel will give up that place?
How would you like your enemies having a height advantage above you?
If Palestinians get it they will be able to shoot and bomb the valley of the Israel settlements.
And forget about the 3 million tourists that visit the site every year. (it will be off limits)
If the Palestinians get any of this land, only Muslims will be able to see any of these historical sites again.
And you can bet the the Christian church will be desecrated by Muslims. They are doing that now with graffiti at the Coenaculum - the last supper room. This will also be off limits to Christians.
What is open and free for all three religions now will be closed off to the Jews and Christians if they get any of those areas.

You really think that Israel is going to give up East Jerusalem and the wailing wall?
How about the Church of the Holy Sepulchre? If Palestinians get that part of the city, forget about Christians ever being able to see it again.
If Palestinians get it they will be able to shoot and bomb the valley of the Israel settlements.
And forget about the 3 million tourists that visit the site every year. (it will be off limits)
If the Palestinians get any of this land, only Muslims will be able to see any of these historical sites again.
And you can bet the the Christian church will be desecrated by Muslims. They are doing that now with graffiti at the Coenaculum - the last supper room. This will also be off limits to Christians.
What is open and free for all three religions now will be closed off to the Jews and Christians if they get any of those areas.

Got links?

How about the Church of the Holy Sepulchre? If Palestinians get that part of the city, forget about Christians ever being able to see it agains.

It is already in Palestinian hands and has been for years.

You seem to forget that there are Christian Palestinians in that area.

But your hatred of Muslims makes you blinded to this fact.

It is already in Palestinian hands and has been for years.

You seem to forget that there are Christian Palestinians in that area.

But your hatred of Muslims makes you blinded to this fact.

Where did I say I hate Muslims? I didn't. I'm making statements of what some Muslims are doing,and some do hate Jews and Christians.

Your hatred of Jews makes you blind. Do you like that statement thrown back at you? I don't think so.
Do you really think that Palestinians will allow Christian Muslims to keep control of that church? No they won't.They will take it over.
Muslims are killing Christians right now in Egypt.
Until Palestine recognizes the right of Israel to exist there will not be any peace there.

Sorry to bust your bubble but I do not hate Jews.

And yes the Palestinian Muslims will continue to let the Christian Palestinians keep control of that church.

If for no other reason then it is a money making tourist attraction.

The Prophet Mohammed instructed Muslims to respect Christians and their houses of warship.

Got links?

I have a link here how Christians are being beaten, gunned down and blown up in their Churches.
Middle East Christians: Washington
Until Palestine stops supporting Muslims who want to wipe out Israel and Christians there will not be any peace.

Sorry to bust your bubble but I do not hate Jews.

And yes the Palestinian Muslims will continue to let the Christian Palestinians keep control of that church.

If for no other reason then it is a money making tourist attraction.

The Prophet Mohammed instructed Muslims to respect Christians and their houses of warship.

What part did you not get?
I did not accuse you that you hate Jews.I asked you a question about it.
But you did accuse me of hating Muslims, which is not true.

Israel already accepted the Saudi peace suggestions as a basis for negotiating peace with the Arab world back in 2002, but when it did, the Saudis apparently lost interest in the idea.

JERUSALEM (AP) — Prime Minister Ariel Sharon told an EU envoy Tuesday he was willing to meet Saudi officials, publicly or behind the scenes, to explore their proposals for an overall Mideast peace, the European diplomat said.

The proposals floated by Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah have gotten a warm response from the Palestinians, some Arab nations and some Israeli officials — including the foreign and defense ministers. Sharon's aides, however, say they want more details.

Javier Solana, the European Union's foreign affairs chief, announced that he was making a previously unscheduled trip to Riyadh on Wednesday to hear details of the Saudi peace plan firsthand from Abdullah.

Israeli officials said that at this point, the initiative is only a newspaper article. It states the principle that in exchange for a complete Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank, Gaza Strip and east Jerusalem, the entire Arab world would make peace with the Jewish state.

Palestinians have endorsed the Saudi initiative, saying that it fits their policy of offering Israel full peace for full withdrawal.

Solana said Sharon told him he "would be willing to meet anybody from Saudi Arabia, formally, informally, publicly, discreetly, whatever, to get better information about the significance of this idea."

Saudi Arabia has not commented on the reaction to the proposals. The state-run newspaper Al-Watan, which usually reflects government thinking, said no Israeli-Saudi visits could take place until a Mideast peace agreement had been reached.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2002/02/26/mideast.htm

Last edited:
Slowly but surely world public opinion is turning against Israel. Someday Israel will have sanctions and embargoes against it much like South Africa did.
A now-proverbial arab lack of balls compells them to goad others to fight their arab-muslim wars for them, indeed.

Forum List

Back