Former Judge Resigns From the Supreme Court Bar ... Supreme Court is an extension of the GOP

Denizen

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2018
James Dannenberg has castigated John Roberts for allowing the Supreme court to be perverted by right-wing political activism.

He denounced Chief Justice John Roberts thus ... "You are allowing the Court to become an “errand boy” for an administration that has little respect for the rule of law."

Republicans are proud of having turned judicial appointments into political circuses where even incompetents are proposed as judges as long as they are far-right-wing extremists.

The US judicial system has been perverted and corrupted by Donald Trump and the GOP.

Former Judge Resigns From the Supreme Court Bar in a Letter to John Roberts

Former Judge Resigns From the Supreme Court Bar
In a letter to Chief Justice John Roberts, he detailed why he’s lost faith in the court.
By DAHLIA LITHWICK
MARCH 13, 20203:22 PM

James Dannenberg is a retired Hawaii state judge. ... he wrote ...

The Chief Justice of the United States
One First Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20543
March 11, 2020
Dear Chief Justice Roberts:
I hereby resign my membership in the Supreme Court Bar.
This was not an easy decision. I have been a member of the Supreme Court Bar since 1972, far longer than you have, and appeared before the Court, both in person and on briefs, ... You are allowing the Court to become an “errand boy” for an administration that has little respect for the rule of law.

The Court, under your leadership and with your votes, has wantonly flouted established precedent. Your “conservative” majority has cynically undermined basic freedoms by hypocritically weaponizing others. The ideas of free speech and religious liberty have been transmogrified to allow officially sanctioned bigotry and discrimination, as well as to elevate the grossest forms of political bribery beyond the ability of the federal government or states to rationally regulate it. More than a score of decisions during your tenure have overturned established precedents—some more than forty years old– and you voted with the majority in most. There is nothing “conservative” about this trend. This is radical “legal activism” at its worst.
Without trying to write a law review article, I believe that the Court majority, under your leadership, has become little more than a result-oriented extension of the right wing of the Republican Party, as vetted by the Federalist Society. Yes, politics has always been a factor in the Court’s history, but not to today’s extent. Even routine rules of statutory construction get subverted or ignored to achieve transparently political goals. The rationales of “textualism” and “originalism” are mere fig leaves masking right wing political goals; sheer casuistry.
Your public pronouncements suggest that you seem concerned about the legitimacy of the Court in today’s polarized environment. We all should be. Yet your actions, despite a few bromides about objectivity, say otherwise.
I no longer have respect for you or your majority, and I have little hope for change. I can’t vote you out of office because you have life tenure, but I can withdraw whatever insignificant support my Bar membership might seem to provide.
Please remove my name from the rolls.
With deepest regret,
James Dannenberg

• Banned
A liberal Judge finds fault with the Constitution? Say it aint so.

He finds fault with right-wing extremism masquerading as justice.

He finds fault with extreme right-wing politicians perverting the justice system with blatantly and brazenly political appointments.

And another one's gone. Another one's gone. A democrat bites the dust.

Great news. The more democrats we can get off the bench the better.

Left wing tantrum of the week (weak)...

50c501740dfc8171ca348727e43f8a09.jpg

James Dannenberg has castigated John Roberts for allowing the Supreme court to be perverted by right-wing political activism.

He denounced Chief Justice John Roberts thus ... "You are allowing the Court to become an “errand boy” for an administration that has little respect for the rule of law."

Republicans are proud of having turned judicial appointments into political circuses where even incompetents are proposed as judges as long as they are far-right-wing extremists.

The US judicial system has been perverted and corrupted by Donald Trump and the GOP.

In a letter to Chief Justice John Roberts, he detailed why he’s lost faith in the court.
By DAHLIA LITHWICK

One First Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20543
March 11, 2020
This was not an easy decision. I have been a member of the Supreme Court Bar since 1972, far longer than you have, and appeared before the Court, both in person and on briefs, ... You are allowing the Court to become an “errand boy” for an administration that has little respect for the rule of law.

The Court, under your leadership and with your votes, has wantonly flouted established precedent. Your “conservative” majority has cynically undermined basic freedoms by hypocritically weaponizing others. The ideas of free speech and religious liberty have been transmogrified to allow officially sanctioned bigotry and discrimination, as well as to elevate the grossest forms of political bribery beyond the ability of the federal government or states to rationally regulate it. More than a score of decisions during your tenure have overturned established precedents—some more than forty years old– and you voted with the majority in most. There is nothing “conservative” about this trend. This is radical “legal activism” at its worst.
Without trying to write a law review article, I believe that the Court majority, under your leadership, has become little more than a result-oriented extension of the right wing of the Republican Party, as vetted by the Federalist Society. Yes, politics has always been a factor in the Court’s history, but not to today’s extent. Even routine rules of statutory construction get subverted or ignored to achieve transparently political goals. The rationales of “textualism” and “originalism” are mere fig leaves masking right wing political goals; sheer casuistry.
Your public pronouncements suggest that you seem concerned about the legitimacy of the Court in today’s polarized environment. We all should be. Yet your actions, despite a few bromides about objectivity, say otherwise.
I no longer have respect for you or your majority, and I have little hope for change. I can’t vote you out of office because you have life tenure, but I can withdraw whatever insignificant support my Bar membership might seem to provide.
With deepest regret,
James Dannenberg
who gives a fuck ?

By DAHLIA LITHWICK

One First Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20543
March 11, 2020

With deepest regret,
James Dannenberg
who gives a fuck ?
Communist trolls do....

By DAHLIA LITHWICK

One First Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20543
March 11, 2020

With deepest regret,
James Dannenberg

Clinton appointee. Will they ever get used to losing without throwing a temper tantrum and trying to tear down the country that rejected them?

Dannenberg...what kind of name is that by the way? I thought you liked diversity..but all your quotes seem to be from the same narrow group. Weird that.

He finds fault with extreme right-wing politicians perverting the justice system with blatantly and brazenly political appointments.

Oy Vey here is who he really hates...and I quote from his letter verbatim...."Republican, White, straight, Christian, and armed males..."

Surprise!!!!!

Oh wait..like all of them he is really just looking out for conservatives..."It still could become that of his revered fellow Justice John Harlan the elder, an honest conservative..."

Has this ever worked?

By DAHLIA LITHWICK

One First Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20543
March 11, 2020

With deepest regret,
James Dannenberg
who gives a fuck ?
Communist trolls do....

Same old tactic. Lose an election..tear down the institution. Or the country.

But hey they keep winning the polls :)

:crybaby::crying::itsok: Hey James...go look up the system of government we have that says we won and you lost so go and screw yourself...

So you think that we Americans should give up our liberty and our nation's values and acquiesce to right-wing fascism coated in a putrid masquerade of the Christian faith?

:crybaby::crying::itsok: Hey James...go look up the system of government we have that says we won and you lost so go and screw yourself...

So you think that we Americans should give up our liberty and our nation's values and acquiesce to right-wing fascism coated in a putrid masquerade of the Christian faith?
I don't recall any of the lefty whiners complaining when Obama said "elections have consequences" I guess when a lefty does it it is fine but let a conservative do it and suddenly the world is ending.

By DAHLIA LITHWICK

One First Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20543
March 11, 2020

With deepest regret,
James Dannenberg
Poor baby. Him dots him's feewings hurt. Tissue?
OIP.5r5xJFGhaqx6f9hsJ9F4cwHaI7

Ahhhhhhhh, shut the hell up, you statist bootlick of a morally clueless dimwit of a useless, vulgar whore of a leftist twit of that no man of any integrity or masculine dignity would touch with his worst enemy's dick, indeed, in all likelihood, a sexuallly jaded, used-up, serielly gang-banged tramp of a worthless skank.
Way to go Ringtone! Only next time, tell him what you really think. :lmao::laugh::laugh2::laughing0301::lmao:

By DAHLIA LITHWICK

One First Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20543
March 11, 2020

With deepest regret,
James Dannenberg
/—-/ Who cares?

Oy Vey here is who he really hates...and I quote from his letter verbatim...."Republican, White, straight, Christian, and armed males..."

Surprise!!!!!
Trump voters have forever surrendered the right to call themselves Christians. People who approve of spitting on POWs and Purple Heart recipients would likely pay Trump to grab their wive`s and daughter`s pussies but in a Christian way of course. These are not Christians.
upload_2020-3-14_10-13-56.jpeg

Surprise!!!!!
Trump voters have forever surrendered the right to call themselves Christians. People who approve of spitting on POWs and Purple Heart recipients would likely pay Trump to grab their wive`s and daughter`s pussies but in a Christian way of course. These are not Christians.
View attachment 312391
conservatives dont spit on our soldiers ..... that has been a leftwing practice since Vietnam .

Surprise!!!!!
View attachment 312391
conservatives dont spit on our soldiers ..... that has been a leftwing practice since Vietnam .
Remember a good lefty will blame all the things they do on conservatives to try and cover their own actions.

Forum List

Back