Former GM Plant Employee: Paul Ryan 'Should Be Ashamed Of Himself'

A cartoon of "lies". How original.

Watch it rderp. It almost sounds like even a complete hack bitch like you has to admit that Pres. Obama lies his ass off -- constantly.

Why should I admit to a "lie" just to make you feel better?

It isn't a lie, as you knew when you posted your lie, you lying asshole.

Telling the truth for once in your life might make you feel better.

Last edited:
Brad Dutcher, the former GM employee, told MSNBC's Ed Schultz on Friday that he was at the Janesville plant during Obama's visit and that Ryan had told an "outright lie" by implying that Obama had been responsible for the plant's closure.

Dutcher said that Obama "had nothing to do with the decision to close our factory." He added that "there was never a promise made...to keep our plant open. That is completely false."

As Schultz pointed out, the plant shut down in December 2008, when George W. Bush was still in office. The plant's shutdown had been announced months earlier.

From the OP link.

Brad Dutcher, the former GM employee, told MSNBC's Ed Schultz on Friday that he was at the Janesville plant during Obama's visit and that Ryan had told an "outright lie" by implying that Obama had been responsible for the plant's closure.

Dutcher said that Obama "had nothing to do with the decision to close our factory." He added that "there was never a promise made...to keep our plant open. That is completely false."

As Schultz pointed out, the plant shut down in December 2008, when George W. Bush was still in office. The plant's shutdown had been announced months earlier.

From the OP link.

The speaker was mistaken or lying.

Quoting him does not help your cause, Chief Shitting Bull.

GM closed the plant before Obama became president. It ain't rocket science...

False. They announced the closure before 2009.

But it was still open when Obumbles was IN Office.

You can lie all you want.

Your lies do not change historical fact, you dishonest lib hack.

You have earned your name, Chief Shitting Bull.

The factory was originally built to produce Samson tractors. These failed to find buyers, so GM switched it to producing Chevrolet automobiles in 1923. It has produced automobiles and pickup trucks over the years, but most recently built full-size SUVs.[1]

Production at the factory was halted during the Great Depression for a short time and there was a famous sit-down strike in 1937. The Janesville Assembly also produced artillery during World War II.[1]

The Janesville Assembly was until recently one of three plants producing the GMT900 trucks, such as the Chevrolet Suburban, and began building the next-generation short-wheelbase GMT900 trucks in January 2006. It began producing long wheelbase GMT900 trucks in March of that year and an overtime shift was added to meet demand.[citation needed]

From 1994 until 2009, the plant also produced medium-duty trucks for Isuzu under its partnership with GM.[2]

The plant covers 4,800,000 ft³ (446,000 m³).[3] It employed around 7,000 workers at its peak in 1970, but was down to about 1,200 when it was largely idled in December 2008, with only 57 employees left when it completely ceased production in April 2009.

Janesville GM Assembly Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They were simply finishing contracts. It ain't rocket science...

The factory was originally built to produce Samson tractors. These failed to find buyers, so GM switched it to producing Chevrolet automobiles in 1923. It has produced automobiles and pickup trucks over the years, but most recently built full-size SUVs.[1]

Production at the factory was halted during the Great Depression for a short time and there was a famous sit-down strike in 1937. The Janesville Assembly also produced artillery during World War II.[1]

The Janesville Assembly was until recently one of three plants producing the GMT900 trucks, such as the Chevrolet Suburban, and began building the next-generation short-wheelbase GMT900 trucks in January 2006. It began producing long wheelbase GMT900 trucks in March of that year and an overtime shift was added to meet demand.[citation needed]

From 1994 until 2009, the plant also produced medium-duty trucks for Isuzu under its partnership with GM.[2]

The plant covers 4,800,000 ft³ (446,000 m³).[3] It employed around 7,000 workers at its peak in 1970, but was down to about 1,200 when it was largely idled in December 2008, with only 57 employees left when it completely ceased production in April 2009.

The place was still OPEN and operating during the Obama Administration.

It certainly is NOT rocket science.

Your inaccuracy and/or persistent dishonesty is now exposed.

Geeez...this crap again?

On February 13, 2008, Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama stated, "This can be America’s future. I know that General Motors received some bad news yesterday, and I know how hard your Governor has fought to keep jobs in this plant. But I also know how much progress you’ve made – how many hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicles you’re churning out. And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years. The question is not whether a clean energy economy is in our future, it’s where it will thrive. I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America; right here in Wisconsin; and that’s the future I’ll fight for as your President."
In June 2008, a study by Steven Deller, a University of Wisconsin-Extension professor, indicated that the plant's closure could result in a ripple effect for the county. Based on a number of estimates and 2007 employment data, his worst case scenario was the loss of 9,000 jobs and nearly half a billion dollars of labor income in Rock County.
57 production employees continued assembly work at the Janesville Assembly until April 2009, completing the GM/Isuzu light truck partnership and then an additional 40 to 50 "skilled trade employees" worked to decommission the plant.

The place was still OPEN and operating during the Obama Administration.

It certainly is NOT rocket science.

Your inaccuracy and/or persistent dishonesty is now exposed.

You poor dumbass. When a company makes a management decision to close a large plant like Janesville, they don't just flip a switch and walk out the door. Many expensive assets must be protected, and I would guess there may still be some security and maintenance personnel at that plant. It ain't rocket science...

Geeez...this crap again?

On February 13, 2008, Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama stated, "This can be America’s future. I know that General Motors received some bad news yesterday, and I know how hard your Governor has fought to keep jobs in this plant. But I also know how much progress you’ve made – how many hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicles you’re churning out. And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years. The question is not whether a clean energy economy is in our future, it’s where it will thrive. I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America; right here in Wisconsin; and that’s the future I’ll fight for as your President."
In June 2008, a study by Steven Deller, a University of Wisconsin-Extension professor, indicated that the plant's closure could result in a ripple effect for the county. Based on a number of estimates and 2007 employment data, his worst case scenario was the loss of 9,000 jobs and nearly half a billion dollars of labor income in Rock County.
57 production employees continued assembly work at the Janesville Assembly until April 2009, completing the GM/Isuzu light truck partnership and then an additional 40 to 50 "skilled trade employees" worked to decommission the plant.

Someone tell Shitting Bull that wikipedia just pwned him.....

But...but... there were only 57 people working in a closed plant in 2009!

Geeez...this crap again?

Someone tell Shitting Bull that wikipedia just pwned him.....

40 to 50 "skilled trade employees" worked to decommission the plant.

Duh, it ain't rocket science...

Obama speaking to plant employees February 13, 2008 Closed? :eusa_hand:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h86KCeeoBA]Barack Obama Speaking at the GM Plant in Janesville, WI 2/13/2008 - YouTube[/ame]

I think it is someone else who should be ashamed

Forum List

Back