Former GM Plant Employee: Paul Ryan 'Should Be Ashamed Of Himself'

Barack Obama should be ashamed of himself. I said that. Now write a news story about it.

A former employee of the General Motors plant in Janesville, Wisconsin said Paul Ryan "should be ashamed of himself" for his misleading claim about the plant's shutdown.

During his speech at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday, Ryan blamed President Obama for the plant's closing.

"Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said, 'I believe that if our government is there to support you … this plant will be here for another hundred years.' That’s what he said in 2008," Ryan had said. "Well, as it turned out, that plant didn't last another year."

Brad Dutcher, the former GM employee, told MSNBC's Ed Schultz on Friday that he was at the Janesville plant during Obama's visit and that Ryan had told an "outright lie" by implying that Obama had been responsible for the plant's closure.

Dutcher said that Obama "had nothing to do with the decision to close our factory." He added that "there was never a promise made...to keep our plant open. That is completely false."

Dutcher's comments come on the heels of widespread criticism from Democrats and the media. A progressive Fox News columnist called the speech "apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech." The Washington Post called it "breathtakingly dishonest." Stephanie Cutter, Obama's deputy campaign manager, told the LA Times that "Paul Ryan lied."

As Schultz pointed out, the plant shut down in December 2008, when George W. Bush was still in office. The plant's shutdown had been announced months earlier.

More (w/supporting links): Brad Dutcher, Former Janesville GM Plant Employee, Says Paul Ryan 'Should Be Ashamed Of Himself' For Misleading Claim (VIDEO)

Paul Ryan’s speech in 3 words: Dazzling, Deceiving, Distracting - Fox News

Paul Ryan's breathtakingly dishonest speech - PostPartisan - The Washington Post

Democrats: Paul Ryan 'lied' in convention speech - latimes.com

Looks like you owe Paul Ryan an apology for perpetuating the lie that his convention speech was inaccurate about Obama's promises to the GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TsV_Z0NPCA&feature=player_embedded]Obama: "Plant will be here for another 100 YEARS... right here in Janesville, WI." - YouTube[/ame]
Video: Obama promises Janesville that plant will “thrive,” “will be here for another 100 years” « Hot Air

I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give the assistance you need to retool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another 100 years. So, that’s our priority… I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America, I want it to thrive right here in Janesville, Wisconsin. And that’s the future I will fight for as president of the United States of America.

Here’s what Ryan said in his speech:

“A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: `I believe that if our government is there to support you … this plant will be here for another hundred years.’ That’s what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn’t last another year.”

How could Obama make the decision whether or not to reopen the plant?

Whether or not I am full of shit is not the issue, and you would know that if you read your own post.

The issue is whether Ryan lied (as your original post suggested), and the record shows he did not. I simply pointed out that those who called Ryan a liar were pathetically wrong.

I made no comment about GM retooling, so I don't have a clue as to why you are responding to me with irrelevant and irreverent bullshit.

The question is this: Was the plant closed (doors shut, no workers, zero production ) in 1998 as your article suggested, or was it merely on the verge of closing at the end of Bush's term as Ryann said? If the plant was still operation after the election, Ryan was right and his critics were wrong. I simply pointed out that the Janseville plant did not shut down until after Obama's election. Did Ryan lie when he said that the Janesville plant was on the verge of closing around the time of the election (as your article suggested)? The answer is that Ryan told the truth. Those liberals who said the plant HAD CLOSED before the elections were either dishonest or cannot read. Perhaps they do not know the difference between shutting down and making plans (which are often tentative) to shut down. Perhaps, in the final analysis, they are full of shit.

As I have shown you, the plant was not closed when the Great and Wonderful Obama assumed office. However, IF the plant had been closed when he took over (and you know it was not), are you saying that Obama - with his alleged infinite wisdom - could not have found a way to resurrect the plant to save all those jobs he promised would still be around for 100 years if only the government would help?

I will give you the last word.

PS: Stop being so childishly and simple-mindedly colloquial. One may be ignorant, uneducated, illiterate, irrational or otherwise intellectually challenged. All these charges – be they true or false - constitute a an arguable claim. However being full of shit is not within the real of possibilities. Yes, I know I used the same phrase to describe your liberal friends; however that only proves that you are an idiot and I am but a mere hypocrite.

All my research - and I have spend 24 days and 23 hours in research which is 24 days, 22 hours and 59 minutes more than you gave to the same subject - has convinced me that Obama completely ignored the workers at the Janesville plant. They asked for help and the Great Orator said "let them eat cake" (he never was original).

Hey, what about the 20,000 non-union workers at Delphi that the Obama administration caused to lose all their health care benefits and up to 70% of their retirement? What, you never heard of it? No surprise.

Why didn't GM want to retool a 100-year-old plant?

Why didn't GM ask Congress for funds to retool the plant?

Why didn't Obama just seize the plant and start making government vehicles?

Last edited:
SadO_JanevilleWIS-570x380.jpg

Was the plant closed under Bush or Obama? It ain't rocket science...

It was closed under Pres. Obama. The same dipshit who failed to honor his commitment to keep it open.

See? That wasn't hard at all.

Lies are never that hard. In fact, they come much easier for Republicans.

Except the lie comes from you, a liberal and a Democratic.

The plant WAS open under the Obama Administration: and the scum bag failed to KEEP it open as he had said he would. He is a fucking liar, like you.

There is no doubt about it.

All your lies don't change that fact.

Paul Ryan spoke the truth.

THEREFORE Dims lie and label what Ryan said a "lie."

Dorkhota shows not an ounce of honesty in his partisan bullshit posts. Maybe Shitting Bull is related to TderpM?

Forum List

Back