FORE!!!! Family Of Beheaded Sotloff Slams Obama...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Yikes.

Steven Sotloff spokesman blasts White House handling

A spokesman for Steven Sotloff’s family contends the slain American journalist was sold to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant by Syrian rebels and says the Obama administration “could have done more” to save him.

Appearing on CNN Monday evening, Barak Barfi said that his sources in the region have told him one or more of the Syrian rebels sold Sotloff to ISIL for $25,000-$50,000. He referred to them as “so-called moderate rebels, that people want our administration to support,” a jab at lawmakers and political figures — including former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona and many others — that have suggested arming the Syrian rebels.

Barfi, a research fellow at the New America Foundation, reserved stronger criticism for the Obama administration, whom he accused of spreading inaccuracies and failing to do enough to secure Sotloff’s release. The White House has confirmed two separate videos released in the last month showing an ISIL militant beheading Sotloff and fellow captured U.S. journalist James Foley.

“We know that the intelligence community and the White House are enmeshed in a larger game of bureaucratic infighting and Jim and Steve are pawns in that game and that’s not fair,” he said, in a reference to Foley.

Barfi also said that “the administration has made a number of inaccurate statements,” including that the Sotloff family was kept “regularly informed” regarding Steven and that the hostages were often moved to different locations...

Read more: Steven Sotloff spokesman blasts White House handling - Jonathan Topaz - POLITICO.com
ww.drudgereport.com/

Last edited:
Guard reporters.

add that to Presidential duties too.

"A spokesman for Steven Sotloff’s family contends..."

I want to hear from the real family itself. I want to know about their backgrounds. Who this reporter knew growing up. His teachers, friends, etc. Otherwise this feels staged. You don't have your son beheaded and then have a spokesman speak for you. You are OUTRAGED and vocal about it.

Something ain't right...

I want to hear from the real family itself. I want to know about their backgrounds. Who this reporter knew growing up. His teachers, friends, etc. Otherwise this feels staged. You don't have your son beheaded and then have a spokesman speak for you. You are OUTRAGED and vocal about it.

Something ain't right...

Could have probably played a little less Golf. Just sayin.

You're missing the point entirely. If a parents' son is beheadded, they don't have a spokesman come out on their behalf. They have swarms of reporters at their front door interviewing the crap out of them as they are in shock, stunned and crying out for public awareness.

None of that has happened and I for one think it's creepy.

You're missing the point entirely. If a parents' son is beheadded, they don't have a spokesman come out on their behalf. They have swarms of reporters at their front door interviewing the crap out of them as they are in shock, stunned and crying out for public awareness.

This happened for both Sandy Hook and 9/11. Does this mean you believe the official government story for both of those tragedies?

Spokesman says....blah blah....who gives a shit?

Something ain't right...

Well he probably could have ordered an air strike on..um..wherever..right?

Or..maybe had James Bond and Rambo get them, right?

Something, right?

Actually, their behavior seems pretty realistic. As opposed to Sandy Hook victims' families or even Foley's family. The Government does employ Crisis Actors. Most are now catching on to that reality. But you can spot the Crisis Actors if you pay very close attention. Their behavior is often unrealistic and even a bit bizarre. That was definitely the case in the Sandy Hook and Foley beheading events.

Very odd behavior has been observed on the part of many victims' families over the years during events like these. For instance, immediately appearing on National TV after your loved one was brutally murdered? Very very odd behavior. But in this case, i think the family has reacted in a pretty normal realistic fashion. Just my assessment anyway.

Something ain't right...

Well he probably could have ordered an air strike on..um..wherever..right?

Or..maybe had James Bond and Rambo get them, right?

Something, right?

Well, the Family is very upset with his handling of their son's awful situation. So you'll have to ask them.

Yikes.

Steven Sotloff spokesman blasts White House handling

A spokesman for Steven Sotloff’s family contends the slain American journalist was sold to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant by Syrian rebels and says the Obama administration “could have done more” to save him.

Appearing on CNN Monday evening, Barak Barfi said that his sources in the region have told him one or more of the Syrian rebels sold Sotloff to ISIL for $25,000-$50,000. He referred to them as “so-called moderate rebels, that people want our administration to support,” a jab at lawmakers and political figures — including former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona and many others — that have suggested arming the Syrian rebels.

Barfi, a research fellow at the New America Foundation, reserved stronger criticism for the Obama administration, whom he accused of spreading inaccuracies and failing to do enough to secure Sotloff’s release. The White House has confirmed two separate videos released in the last month showing an ISIL militant beheading Sotloff and fellow captured U.S. journalist James Foley.

“We know that the intelligence community and the White House are enmeshed in a larger game of bureaucratic infighting and Jim and Steve are pawns in that game and that’s not fair,” he said, in a reference to Foley.

Barfi also said that “the administration has made a number of inaccurate statements,” including that the Sotloff family was kept “regularly informed” regarding Steven and that the hostages were often moved to different locations...

Read more: Steven Sotloff spokesman blasts White House handling - Jonathan Topaz - POLITICO.com
ww.drudgereport.com/

A couple of journalists getting their heads cut off is not a good reason to go to war. I can think of several journalists who would be better off without their heads.

This Administration has done nothing different than any other administration in regards to hostages. The faux outrage is largely people trying to make political hay out of a tragedy. Sad.

This Administration has done nothing different than any other administration in regards to hostages. The faux outrage is largely people trying to make political hay out of a tragedy. Sad.

Well, maybe.. but this admin sure went out of it's way to get Bowe Bergdahl back... just say'n.

Well, maybe.. but this admin sure went out of it's way to get Bowe Bergdahl back... just say'n.

Bergdahl was a soldier in active duty - that makes a difference I think. We don't leave soldiers behind in enemy hands - we have a resonsibility to them to get them back, regardless of who they are or what they've done, and that too is nothing new. If people want to change policies regarding hostage situations - don't go blaming the Administration for following the law - agitate for change and do what countries like Spain and France do - pay ransomes. Of course that brings it's own set of problems...

Let's see: Carter staged Dessert One to get back the Iranian Hostages.
Reagan negotiated and threatened until they were returned.

Obama caved on Bergdahl and did absolutely nothing for either of these guys.

So do you want to stick with your original statement or rethink it in light of reality?

Tell that to the families.

Forum List

Back