CDZ For those who believe we have a problem with criminal police

Do you believe we have 200,000 LEOs on duty today who belong in prison?
With all the prisons we have, there's likely more than 200,000 that actually do belong in prison....because they work there.....doing a great job controlling ultra-violent felons and other worthless criminals. They risk their lives as do the LEOs on the 'outside'.

I'm almost sure that's not what you meant to address.

Of the one's on the outside, there's likely a few that do belong in jail or prison. Indeed, sometimes they get caught and do some time. 200,000 is about 4000 per state. If you include lesser crimes than murder, 200,000 may be a low number. There's a bell-shaped curve in every large sampling. Restrict the study to violent crimes and the answer is HELL NO!

Without the police, the entire nation would look like Detroit.

Best of 2014 A stark unsentimental look at Detroit s rapid slide Spaces - Yahoo Homes

The police are the guardians of a civilized society. Respect them....they are just people trying to bring criminals to justice.

And...lest ye forget, when you are stopped by the police....

He that does not thank the guards is destined to die in his sleep at the hands of the enemy!

What you say can and will be used against you.

Nothing beats a really nice pair!

Last edited:
  • Banned

Of course not.

Do you really think the CDZ is the right place for you to start a thread with such a dishonest and trollish OP?

I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Well, I was going to hold off on my reasoning until getting more responses, but my reasoning is this.

There are approximately 10M black adult males in this country. 2M of those are in prison. Nice round 20%. Many of those who are now screaming their heads off (and I'm not talking about on just this board btw) about what a major problem we have with criminal LEOs getting away with crimes in this country, are in the very same breath screaming that 2M out of 10M adult black males being in prison does not mean we have a black adult male crime problem.

So, I am trying to understand how 20% of one segment of population being criminals is not a reflection on that segment of society as a whole, but <20% of another segment of the population being criminal IS a reflection on that segment as a whole?

Bear in mind, I'm not looking for people to deny that what I just said is true, it IS true. That's a fact. What I am interested in is the justification for the hypocrisy

Criminal conduct on the part of law enforcement is nothing new and dates back over 100 years to the advent of modern policing – it's clearly not a problem unique to these last several years. As long as law enforcement entities recruit from the human race, there will always be criminal conduct among law enforcement officers.

The vast majority of law enforcement officers are honest and conduct themselves lawfully; the problem is with the tiny minority who don't, and although a tiny minority they can still have a devastatingly negative impact upon the lives of those whom they're tasked to protect.

The issue therefore is not the criminal acts of police officers, but what their law enforcement agencies are doing to address the problem.

The issue also concerns those who attempt to ignore the problem and act as apologists when police officers do violate the law.

The problem is not those protesting and questioning the conduct of specific acts of police violence, but those who seek to contrive and propagate the lie that those protesting and questioning are somehow 'responsible' for violence against police officers.

Watch once upon a time in America with Robert De Niro brilliant movie. Movie starts in the early 1900's when cops were bought off.

Most of the police problem is simply a matter of policy. The policy is to kill you if you threaten the police in any way. In my town we had 2 cases where mentally disturbed guys would not drop a harmless club[ my impression] when surrounded by cops. In both cases the cops killed the guys.

Change the policy and most of the current police problems go away.

Of course not.

Do you really think the CDZ is the right place for you to start a thread with such a dishonest and trollish OP?

I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Well, I was going to hold off on my reasoning until getting more responses, but my reasoning is this.

There are approximately 10M black adult males in this country. 2M of those are in prison. Nice round 20%. Many of those who are now screaming their heads off (and I'm not talking about on just this board btw) about what a major problem we have with criminal LEOs getting away with crimes in this country, are in the very same breath screaming that 2M out of 10M adult black males being in prison does not mean we have a black adult male crime problem.

So, I am trying to understand how 20% of one segment of population being criminals is not a reflection on that segment of society as a whole, but <20% of another segment of the population being criminal IS a reflection on that segment as a whole?

Bear in mind, I'm not looking for people to deny that what I just said is true, it IS true. That's a fact. What I am interested in is the justification for the hypocrisy
False equivalency.

The largest difference between the police and an average person (black or otherwise) is that the police are legally given extraordinary powers over my rights and life. That means that a much smaller portion of bad actors reflects a MUCH larger impact on the average citizen. There is also a question as to weather or not these bad actors are being held accountable for their actions. I think that there is a pretty clear indication that they are not.

Forum List

Back