For those that want to deny Christians the right to pray or preach in public

A United States Marine was convicted at a court-martial for refusing to remove a Bible verse on her computer – a verse of Scripture the military determined “could easily be seen as contrary to good order and discipline.”

The plight of Lance Corporal Monifa Sterling seems unbelievable – a member of the Armed Forces criminally prosecuted for displaying a slightly altered passage of Scripture from the Old Testament: “No weapon formed against me shall prosper.”
That's the most ignorant remark I've ever seen

In February, she was instructed by her technology teacher to create a PowerPoint demonstration about her life. One of the requirements was to include a slide with an inspirational message.

So Mackenzie decided to use a Bible verse – specifically John 3:16. That familiar passage reads: “For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”

But the teacher had a problem with Mackenzie’s inspirational message. She explained to the class that none of the students would be allowed to use any Bible verses or quotations from the Book of Mormon.

The message was clear – you cannot be inspired by religion.
If that was an assignment and the student got to choose, the teacher was out of line and the district hopefully backed that girl up.
The board, in this case, did apologize

A United States Marine was convicted at a court-martial for refusing to remove a Bible verse on her computer – a verse of Scripture the military determined “could easily be seen as contrary to good order and discipline.”

The plight of Lance Corporal Monifa Sterling seems unbelievable – a member of the Armed Forces criminally prosecuted for displaying a slightly altered passage of Scripture from the Old Testament: “No weapon formed against me shall prosper.”
I would like a link to that actual story, not an anecdote, please.
Marine court-martialed for refusing to remove Bible verse Fox News

Who is trying to deny Christians the right to pray or preach in public? I was just in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago. I went to a Pirates game with a buddy of mine who lives there. As we were walking to a stadium there were some religious stooges standing on the sidewalk and one of them asked me if I believed in Jesus. I simply told him yes, I just had lunch with him and the tooth fairy the day before and he really liked the cobb salad.

What public Muslim schools are forcing non Muslim teachers to attend prayer and religious classes?

Those same folks are always there milling about during the Pirate's season.

The military has rules. If you don't follow them, and get nailed, don't bitch.
SCOTUS can have the ten commandments etched in marble but a Marine can't have a Bible verse?

SCOTUS can have the ten commandments etched in marble but a Marine can't have a Bible verse?
It doesn't. Look it up.

In February, she was instructed by her technology teacher to create a PowerPoint demonstration about her life. One of the requirements was to include a slide with an inspirational message.

So Mackenzie decided to use a Bible verse – specifically John 3:16. That familiar passage reads: “For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”

But the teacher had a problem with Mackenzie’s inspirational message. She explained to the class that none of the students would be allowed to use any Bible verses or quotations from the Book of Mormon.

If that was an assignment and the student got to choose, the teacher was out of line and the district hopefully backed that girl up.
So the girl was in the right. Thought so.

I would like a link to that actual story, not an anecdote, please.
Marine court-martialed for refusing to remove Bible verse Fox News
Did you see what she was convicted of?

She was found guilty of failing to go to her appointed place of duty, disrespect toward a superior commissioned officer, and four specifications of disobeying the lawful order of a noncommissioned officer.

I don't know if you've ever served...that doing that will get you courtmartialed in any service.

They do? Interesting that I missed that when I visited.

Makes one wonder, however, how many teachers go unchallenged and how many years did this teacher get away with squelching her students' religious beliefs

Makes one wonder, however, how many teachers go unchallenged and how many years did this teacher get away with squelching her students' religious beliefs
I'm pretty sure the teacher did not tell her she couldn't be a Christian eh? That would mean her religious belief was fully intact.

Sterling refused a lawful order to remove unauthorized decorations that she had taped onto a government computer. When she refused, it was removed by her superiors, and she threw a hissy fit and doubled down by replacing them like a petulant child. She didn't get court-martialed for having a bible verse on her desk, she got in trouble for her dismal behavior and insubordination.

supreme court ten commandments - Google Search

Yeah, not there. Moses, the Law Giver is there, along with many others. Is that what you mean?

snopes.com Religious Symbols in the U.S. National Capital

I'm pretty sure the teacher did not tell her she couldn't be a Christian eh? That would mean her religious belief was fully intact.
You may want to look up the definition of squelching

Yeah, not there. Moses, the Law Giver is there, along with many others. Is that what you mean?
So it's not an act.
You really are that thick.
What is Moses holding?
hint: it's not two gravestones

True....but how about the other way...teachers going on in class about their religion being right and all others wrong....I wonder how often that happens and isn't reported.

Sterling refused a lawful order to remove unauthorized decorations that she had taped onto a government computer. When she refused, it was removed by her superiors, and she threw a hissy fit and doubled down by replacing them like a petulant child. She didn't get court-martialed for having a bible verse on her desk, she got in trouble for her dismal behavior and insubordination.
Follow the rules, or get spanked. Since she's obviously a child, that's appropriate.

Forum List

Back