For The NRA Freedom Means Being Heavily Armed And Scared To Death

The real problem is that they no longer feel in control. I'm not going to pander to their wishes.

Control is sought by the weak. Understanding that you make the best of every situation is power.
Not true. Everyone seeks control. The problem that drives some people bat shit is loss of control or loss of perceived control.

Ah, you fell for the trap, this is good. More power for me.
There was no trap. You just didnt know what you were talking about. :rolleyes:

You realize a trap is something you are not going to see until its too late correct?

You missed it.

The real problem is that they no longer feel in control. I'm not going to pander to their wishes.

Control is sought by the weak. Understanding that you make the best of every situation is power.
Not true. Everyone seeks control. The problem that drives some people bat shit is loss of control or loss of perceived control.

Ah, you fell for the trap, this is good. More power for me.
There was no trap. You just didnt know what you were talking about. :rolleyes:

You realize a trap is something you are not going to see until its too late correct?

You missed it.
You realize you didnt know what you are talking about and now, like Pee Wee Herman, youre trying to claim you "meant to do that". :rolleyes:

You realize you didnt know what you are talking about and now, like Pee Wee Herman, youre trying to claim you "meant to do that". :rolleyes:

I am not the one confusing power and control. I am the one enjoying the show.
Youve lost control and youre trying to gain it back. Its ok but just know I know you know. :rolleyes:

I have the power, control means little to nothing. For instance, I choose to retain power by not responding to you at this point. It also allows me to keep control, not that it matters.

I am not the one confusing power and control. I am the one enjoying the show.
Youve lost control and youre trying to gain it back. Its ok but just know I know you know. :rolleyes:

I have the power, control means little to nothing. For instance, I choose to retain power by not responding to you at this point. It also allows me to keep control, not that it matters.
You dont have power or control. Why are you deflecting if you have power? :rolleyes:

But what will our schools look like when we are done? What will our schools feel like? Is this where we are to train and nurture a free society, in the midst of assault rifles and bulletproof armor? Those things signify and communicate something quite other than freedom.

They impose an environment of fear, which can be debilitating to our youth, whom we should want to be confident, open, honest and happy. These are not the kinds of things you see in a free society, but a society at war. How bizarre is it that we would willfully take on the trappings of a society at war, while countless nations around the world — embroiled in real, live civil wars — envy our peace?

This is madness, of course. The NRA’s logic dictates that we should make our schools look like war zones to accommodate unfettered gun rights.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eans-being-heavily-armed-and-scared-to-death/

Not a pretty site, heavy armed guards. At the same time, tell the children and their families that in an era where mass shootings of innocents largely occur where the shooter has obtained the guns illegally, you are going to enhance the law to make it more difficult to purchase guns legally. You’ve barely moved the needle and have not closed the gap.

Blaming the NRA is not going to make children safer. It’s a multi-step approach.

The only reason leftists dragged the NRA into this is because they don't want to personally attack the millions of supporters they have. Attack the organization that had absolutely nothing to do with the shootings and convince the sheep the NRA is the evil one. In the meantime, hurt them financially like they are doing today. That will help (in their minds) reduce the campaign contributions to the Republican party and candidates.
No one is hurting the NRA financially. The relationship the NRA had with these companies is that the company would offer a small discount to NRA members. Usually the discount is 5 or 10 percent. They do the same for AARP or AAA. This is cosmetic and only good for a short time. Sooner or later some company will want that unserved market share.

But what will our schools look like when we are done? What will our schools feel like? Is this where we are to train and nurture a free society, in the midst of assault rifles and bulletproof armor? Those things signify and communicate something quite other than freedom.

They impose an environment of fear, which can be debilitating to our youth, whom we should want to be confident, open, honest and happy. These are not the kinds of things you see in a free society, but a society at war. How bizarre is it that we would willfully take on the trappings of a society at war, while countless nations around the world — embroiled in real, live civil wars — envy our peace?

This is madness, of course. The NRA’s logic dictates that we should make our schools look like war zones to accommodate unfettered gun rights.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eans-being-heavily-armed-and-scared-to-death/

We only have two choices in this matter: Live with mass killings or do something to try and stop them. Trying to go against our Constitution and disarm 300 million Americans will not be the solution because it can't be done.

Disarming the population isn’t possible nor is it desireable, but you can put much tighter restrictions on the sale of weapons which have no purpose other than aggression and murder, and on who can buy a gun. Same with large clips.

You can also require anyone buying a gun to having training, a background check, and err on the side of caution.

Is that what you use to smoke your marijuana? Your ignorance of guns is showing again.

I prefer a bubbler or a vape.

We only have two choices in this matter: Live with mass killings or do something to try and stop them. Trying to go against our Constitution and disarm 300 million Americans will not be the solution because it can't be done.

Disarming the population isn’t possible nor is it desireable, but you can put much tighter restrictions on the sale of weapons which have no purpose other than aggression and murder, and on who can buy a gun. Same with large clips.

You can also require anyone buying a gun to having training, a background check, and err on the side of caution.

Is that what you use to smoke your marijuana? Your ignorance of guns is showing again.

Large capacity clips are restricted/banned (not sure which), AR’s and similar weapons are restricted, and some other military weapons are banned.

Now if I really, really wanted to get nasty weapons I could. But I have no desire to do so. Big waste of money.

And I say this having lived more than half my life in one of the great multi-cultural cities in the world, where white people make up only 45% of the population. And not once was I ever robbed, mugged or attacked nor did I ever cower at home afraid to go out, despite walking through Chinatown at 3:00 am on a regular basis.

Large capacity clips are restricted/banned (not sure which), AR’s and similar weapons are restricted, and some other military weapons are banned.

Now if I really, really wanted to get nasty weapons I could. But I have no desire to do so. Big waste of money.

And I say this having lived more than half my life in one of the great multi-cultural cities in the world, where white people make up only 45% of the population. And not once was I ever robbed, mugged or attacked nor did I ever cower at home afraid to go out, despite walking through Chinatown at 3:00 am on a regular basis.

So you were a minority in China Town?

tenor.gif

There are no weapons "which have no purpose other than aggression and murder". You know why? Because objects have no intentions. Their owners do. And their owners can just as easily use them for self-defense or protection of others. I see no reason why criminals should be better-equipped than I am.

And that's going to stop all mass shootings? After all, isn't that what we are talking about here?

What an ignorant, ill-informed comment. This idea that if it doesn’t completely stop mass shootings then it shouldn’t be done.

You cannot prevent every crime or even every shooting. But you can substantially reduce the number of murders and mass shootings just by making guns more difficult to get, and banning assault style weapons.

It’s worked in every country that has banned assault type weapons and large magazines.

Who said "completely"? We'll accept "appreciably", which I think anyone sane can agree that "gun free zones" has not done (just as an example).

And no, you CAN'T substantially reduce the number of murders and mass shootings by making it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to get guns. Nor can you do it by making up scary-sounding buzzwords like "assault-style weapons".

It has NOT worked in every country that has banned any sort of gun, unless your definition of "worked" is "the media doesn't tell us". Out of sight, out of mind wasn't really what we were looking for.

If I walk down the street and am gunned downed by a guy who drops his AR-15 on the street and it discharges into my face, the gun nuts would blame me for not wearing full body armor.

If you're walking down the street with your AR-15 and a round in the chamber your name is probably Murphy. If you drop it and it goes off hitting you we would just nominate you for a Darwin award. Hope that helps your understanding.

Interesting lesson in handling an AR-15, but you should tell it to someone who ownes one. I got over playing "solider" when I was 7.

Interesting lesson in being a victim. I got over playing THAT the day a murderer attacked me on the street.

Not a pretty site, heavy armed guards. At the same time, tell the children and their families that in an era where mass shootings of innocents largely occur where the shooter has obtained the guns illegally, you are going to enhance the law to make it more difficult to purchase guns legally. You’ve barely moved the needle and have not closed the gap.

Blaming the NRA is not going to make children safer. It’s a multi-step approach.

The only reason leftists dragged the NRA into this is because they don't want to personally attack the millions of supporters they have. Attack the organization that had absolutely nothing to do with the shootings and convince the sheep the NRA is the evil one. In the meantime, hurt them financially like they are doing today. That will help (in their minds) reduce the campaign contributions to the Republican party and candidates.
No one is hurting the NRA financially. The relationship the NRA had with these companies is that the company would offer a small discount to NRA members. Usually the discount is 5 or 10 percent. They do the same for AARP or AAA. This is cosmetic and only good for a short time. Sooner or later some company will want that unserved market share.

It isn't as though anyone was joining the NRA because they REALLY wanted those discounts.

Some people can appreciate the work they’re doing.
Here’s an example of one family who knows the importance of being able to defend themselves.....

Last edited:

"OTHER military weapons". :lmao:

Okay, so make up your damned mind (if you can figure out where you left it). Either we need to ban guns because the world is perfectly safe and we don't need self-defense, or we need to ban guns because the world is full of crazed murderers, and we have to keep them from getting guns through the mystifying procedure of disarming everyone else.

You can't argue both points at once. PICK ONE! :ahole-1:

The companies and their affiliates pulling out of NRA marketing rewards benefits are the ones that reached out to them in the first place.

If I walk down the street and am gunned downed by a guy who drops his AR-15 on the street and it discharges into my face, the gun nuts would blame me for not wearing full body armor.

If you're walking down the street with your AR-15 and a round in the chamber your name is probably Murphy. If you drop it and it goes off hitting you we would just nominate you for a Darwin award. Hope that helps your understanding.

Interesting lesson in handling an AR-15, but you should tell it to someone who ownes one. I got over playing "solider" when I was 7.

Which is why you went into the Navy, so you wouldn't have to actually do any "fighting".

Interesting lesson in being a victim. I got over playing THAT the day a murderer attacked me on the street.

Good thing you had your AR-15!!!!!

Which is why you went into the Navy, so you wouldn't have to actually do any "fighting".

I was in the Navy? I thought that I was in the Altoona Yacht Club!

Forum List

Back