For The NRA Freedom Means Being Heavily Armed And Scared To Death

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
But what will our schools look like when we are done? What will our schools feel like? Is this where we are to train and nurture a free society, in the midst of assault rifles and bulletproof armor? Those things signify and communicate something quite other than freedom.

They impose an environment of fear, which can be debilitating to our youth, whom we should want to be confident, open, honest and happy. These are not the kinds of things you see in a free society, but a society at war. How bizarre is it that we would willfully take on the trappings of a society at war, while countless nations around the world — embroiled in real, live civil wars — envy our peace?

This is madness, of course. The NRA’s logic dictates that we should make our schools look like war zones to accommodate unfettered gun rights.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eans-being-heavily-armed-and-scared-to-death/

But what will our schools look like when we are done? What will our schools feel like? Is this where we are to train and nurture a free society, in the midst of assault rifles and bulletproof armor? Those things signify and communicate something quite other than freedom.

They impose an environment of fear, which can be debilitating to our youth, whom we should want to be confident, open, honest and happy. These are not the kinds of things you see in a free society, but a society at war. How bizarre is it that we would willfully take on the trappings of a society at war, while countless nations around the world — embroiled in real, live civil wars — envy our peace?

This is madness, of course. The NRA’s logic dictates that we should make our schools look like war zones to accommodate unfettered gun rights.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eans-being-heavily-armed-and-scared-to-death/

The only war zone is the battlefield in your mind where intelligent thoughts are outnumber and slaughtered by your ignorance.

But what will our schools look like when we are done? What will our schools feel like? Is this where we are to train and nurture a free society

Too funny. Who do you think you're kidding? You people have been training youth against a free society for decades.

Being heavily armed is better than being dead any day. You can wish us to be a civil and peaceful society all you want but that doesn’t make it so. If you want to put your life in the hands of people that won’t come to your rescue until enough others show up well good luck, I’d rather trust myself.

If I walk down the street and am gunned downed by a guy who drops his AR-15 on the street and it discharges into my face, the gun nuts would blame me for not wearing full body armor.

Actually we should be putting armed guards at schools so liberals can't get in.

One of the reasons the piece of shit OP can walk around in public without being gang raped is because men and women of far greater worth take it upon themselves to carry arms and keep violent predators at bay.

The sheep hate the sheep dogs, just as much as the wolves. They love the guy who gives them free food but then kills them.

If I walk down the street and am gunned downed by a guy who drops his AR-15 on the street and it discharges into my face, the gun nuts would blame me for not wearing full body armor.

If you're walking down the street with your AR-15 and a round in the chamber your name is probably Murphy. If you drop it and it goes off hitting you we would just nominate you for a Darwin award. Hope that helps your understanding.

Not like there hasn't been guns around for the last two hundred plus years. You probably need to ask yourself what has changed with people, not guns.

Being heavily armed is better than being dead any day. You can wish us to be a civil and peaceful society all you want but that doesn’t make it so. If you want to put your life in the hands of people that won’t come to your rescue until enough others show up well good luck, I’d rather trust myself.

-This post has received the Deputy Scot Peterson stamp of approval!

guns.jpg

Not like there hasn't been guns around for the last two hundred plus years. You probably need to ask yourself what has changed with people, not guns.

Something akin to that "hope an change" not working out too well.

Obama told Chicago he was going to be President and he was going to make some changes. What they didn't know was he was going to let murders triple. They're still trying to figure that clusterfuck out.

Forum List

Back