For the cost of an Obama vacation, Trump saved 1000 Carrier jobs.

Carrier is going to be increasing 10,000 jobs after factor modifications.

1,100 jobs were saved for now

Incentives were local, not federal. Obama regulations that stiffled businesses will be removed where possible. Trump acted as a negoiator.

Win for the worker, win for the company, win for the state

Win for the economy, encouragement for other companies that there is reason to keep jobs in the US.
are these other companies all gonna line up for a govt handout in order to stay?

Another dumbfuck...
When trump slashes businesses taxes there wont be a need to entice business to stay.
And you are calling someone else dumbfuck. Well, let me tell you, the REAL dumbfuck, Trump said he would drop the corporate tax from 35%.

So, what did United Technologies, the company that owns Carrier pay in taxes?

35%? No. 15%? No. They payed 9% this year, 10% the last four years.

So what does corporate tax mean to them?

Trump didn't do any of it.

Pence gave Carrier $7Million of Indiana taxpayers' money as an extortion bribe to keep HALF of the business in the country.

The other half is still moving.

This is new and refreshing how, MarathonMike ?
Damnation Granma!

Get with the program!

1000 Indiana workers are happier now than they would have been under Hillary.

...Trump said he would drop the corporate tax from 35%.

So, what did United Technologies, the company that owns Carrier pay in taxes?

35%? No. 15%? No. They payed 9% this year, 10% the last four years.

So what does corporate tax mean to them?
Trump probably warned United Technologies that he would cancel some of their defense contracts if they did not tow the line.

That's what I would have done. But I am not Trump.

It was more like having your home foreclosed on and then having some wealthy philanthropist come along and pay off the rest of your mortgage because he felt sorry for you.

The American Dream :rolleyes:

Did you even bother to read the rest of the post?
Yes. You didn't deny being a fiscal liberal and then praised wealthy philanthropists feeling sorry for people and paying off their mortgages as a good strategy for the future of the country. Then I made a sarcastic comment about how to you that's the American dream. And now here we are.

It was more like having your home foreclosed on and then having some wealthy philanthropist come along and pay off the rest of your mortgage because he felt sorry for you.

Yes. You didn't deny being a fiscal liberal and praised wealthy philanthropists feeling sorry for people and paying off their mortgages. Then I made a sarcastic comment about how to you that's the American dream. And now here we are.

I knew better than to hope for an actual debate with you.

Carrier is going to be increasing 10,000 jobs after factor modifications.

1,100 jobs were saved for now

Incentives were local, not federal. Obama regulations that stiffled businesses will be removed where possible. Trump acted as a negoiator.

Win for the worker, win for the company, win for the state

Win for the economy, encouragement for other companies that there is reason to keep jobs in the US.
are these other companies all gonna line up for a govt handout in order to stay?

if states can save money by not paying unemployment, medical and other social services by making concension and keep people employed, they should and will try to work out deals under Trump presidency.
Emoployed workers and businesses actually genrate tax dollars not steal them and use as hand outs.

More jobs, more tax payers, even if just in sales taxes and occational luxury taxes on a newer car for work ever few years, as well and normal purchases

Yes. You didn't deny being a fiscal liberal and praised wealthy philanthropists feeling sorry for people and paying off their mortgages. Then I made a sarcastic comment about how to you that's the American dream. And now here we are.

I knew better than to hope for an actual debate with you.
Likewise

poor poor moocher.....has all the answers from grandma's basement...and voted for trump who will take away grandma's medicare..way to go moocher Etherion tell us what should be done....tell us what you have learned from your sofa in the basement...

:lol:

So Trump made a backroom deal with Carrier that they would keep some jobs here, and in exchange he'd convince his VP to give them millions of dollars in tax breaks.

I thought you guys elected Trump because you were "sick of the pay-to-play corruption" and wanted to "drain the swamp".

:lol:

So Trump made a backroom deal with Carrier that they would keep some jobs here, and in exchange he'd convince his VP to give them millions of dollars in tax breaks.

I thought you guys elected Trump because you were "sick of the pay-to-play corruption" and wanted to "drain the swamp".

You Dims used to be the party that would do this kind of thing to save jobs, but now your too all fallooting high and mighty and oh so smart.

Welcome to the world of IRRELEVANCE.

poor poor moocher.....has all the answers from grandma's basement...and voted for trump who will take away grandma's medicare..way to go moocher Etherion tell us what should be done....tell us what you have learned from your sofa in the basement...

Is that all you'll say to me? Fine. But just know you're too much of a coward to debate me honestly.

The moocher has spoken.

Funny, that's not what I "elected" him to do.

So you're OK with corruption, as long as it's Trump doing it?

Did I say that?

No, you didn't say anything.

You neglected to elaborate on your one-liner response, so I prompted you to do so.

Oh, is that it?

Okay, so I didn't vote for the man to do any of those things, because I knew he is quite incapable of doing them. He's just one more in the line of Presidents who make grandiose promises only to fail to fulfill 99.999999% of them by the time they leave office.

I weighed his unreasonable rhetoric with Hillary's proven corruption, which rose to orders of magnitude higher than Trump's scams and schemes, and then I voted. I mean, I didn't necessarily feel like voting for anyone. Hell, I almost didn't vote period. The only thing that drove my vote was that I didn't want Hillary sitting in that White House come the 20th of next month.

Back in 2008 and 2012, I voted for McCain and Romney because I really believed they would do what they said. Never had I been so naive in my life. So, I adopted a motto. Don't vote on promises, vote on actions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back