For the cost of an Obama vacation, Trump saved 1000 Carrier jobs.

Trump didn't do any of it.

Pence gave Carrier $7Million of Indiana taxpayers' money as an extortion bribe to keep HALF of the business in the country.

The other half is still moving.

This is new and refreshing how, MarathonMike ?

Carrier is going to be increasing 10,000 jobs after factor modifications.

1,100 jobs were saved for now

Incentives were local, not federal. Obama regulations that stiffled businesses will be removed where possible. Trump acted as a negoiator.

Win for the worker, win for the company, win for the state

Win for the economy, encouragement for other companies that there is reason to keep jobs in the US.

Incentives were local, not federal. Obama regulations that stiffled businesses will be removed where possible. Trump acted as a negoiator.

Win for the economy, encouragement for other companies that there is reason to keep jobs in the US.
are these other companies all gonna line up for a govt handout in order to stay?

Well, there are liberals in this thread who would have much rather let these corporations go and allowed them to take their jobs with them. How dare Trump save American jobs!!

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum. Let justice be done, though the heavens fall. While this phrase is often used more in legal circles, what Trump did with Carrier showed a similar mindset, that he will do whatever it takes to save jobs---even if that means doing it in a way that half of the country is not satisfied with.

I guarantee you liberals that if you were one of the 1,100 people whose jobs just got saved, you would not have cared how Trump did it, as long as it meant allowing you to continue putting food on the table and clothes on the backs of your family.

Last edited:
TheOldSchool

You think my post is funny. Explain.
Only if you thank Obama for the bailout

Why would I do that?

You can elaborate why you think my post is funny instead of setting conditions.
First it was actually about 800 jobs. Second Indiana made a deal to save those jobs in 2011. Carrier backed out of that deal and that's why this situation was brought up. No reason to think it won't happen again sans the 1200 jobs that will be sent to Mexico anyways as per this deal.

You say the people who's jobs were saved shouldn't care about how or why and just be grateful for the scraps the government allowed them to get. I expect you to admit that you are now a fiscal liberal then.

I expect you to admit that you are now a fiscal liberal then.

I assume whatever position I agree with, not positions that are dictated to me. Make sense? I'm not one of those standard run of the mill, one sided conservatives or liberals who toe the line and take everything my party says to me seriously. I don't let talking points direct me. If I find I've been duped by one, guess what I do? I make sure it never happens again. That's why I don't attribute myself to a political party.

But hey, you like defining me by the positions I take. Sweet. That's a sign you don't have much to argue with.

You say the people who's jobs were saved shouldn't care about how or why and just be grateful for the scraps the government allowed them to get.

See, that's the problem with people like you. You haven't a clue what these people went through when they were told their jobs were going away. Keeping their jobs was far more than getting scraps. It was more like having your home foreclosed on and then having some wealthy philanthropist come along and pay off the rest of your mortgage because he felt sorry for you.

Say, do you like minimizing the plights and hardships of other people? Because that's what you just did.

are these other companies all gonna line up for a govt handout in order to stay?

Another dumbfuck...
When trump slashes businesses taxes there wont be a need to entice business to stay.

Meet the new boss, NOT the same as the old boss.
Really? Obama's vacations only cost 7 million? I remember when Republicans accused Obama of paying 200 million per day for a vacation. They sure have come down.

Forum List

Back