For seven decades, most Germans idealised Britain much as many Brexiteers idealise Britain’s past

Oh, by the way, 17,000,000 people voted to leave (and some of those just voted against Cameron), out of a total of 45,766,000 people allowed to vote in the UK. Most didn't bother to vote one way or the other because of apathy or they thought it was a waste of time and a foregone conclusion that we wouldn't be so monumentaly stupid as to vote leave. They were wrong, and now the rest of us have to live with the consequences. I voted remain, by the way.

You are the one that is "monumentally stupid" for wanting to remain in an agreement that waters down if not outright dissolves the sovereignty of your country and places the power in the hands of unelected bureaucrats placed there as agents of the IMF and BIS. Do you enjoy the current debt slavery system?

Isn't this the 100th anniversary of America's declaration of war on Germany? WWI, that passes, and nobody says anything?

Oh, by the way, 17,000,000 people voted to leave (and some of those just voted against Cameron), out of a total of 45,766,000 people allowed to vote in the UK. Most didn't bother to vote one way or the other because of apathy or they thought it was a waste of time and a foregone conclusion that we wouldn't be so monumentaly stupid as to vote leave. They were wrong, and now the rest of us have to live with the consequences. I voted remain, by the way.

Or perhaps some people realized they didn't understand the issues, as opposed to many who voted Brexit who pretended, even still pretend, they understand what's going on.

Yes, that too. The lunatics really did take over the asylum on that day. The Euro is currently at 86p against Sterling, close to parity after the referendum whereas before it was as high 1.5 Euros to the Pound. Prices are rising faster than wages and I see years more of "austerity" with no real light at the end of the tunnel, being asset stripped by China, Russia, or America.

These are instructive and fascinating times for onlookers in Germany, to be filed away later under “shattered illusions”.

For seven decades, most Germans idealised Britain much as many Brexiteers idealise Britain’s past and its post-EU future: a thriving, open-yet-closed land of cricket, cream teas and fair play. But Brexit has toppled Britain from its lofty, post-war pedestal in Germany.

Britain topples from post-war pedestal in Germany

So suddenly, the EU is less fun for Germany now that they might not get their way, policy wise?

Jeez, isn't that sort of the point?

You are the one that is "monumentally stupid" for wanting to remain in an agreement that waters down if not outright dissolves the sovereignty of your country and places the power in the hands of unelected bureaucrats placed there as agents of the IMF and BIS. Do you enjoy the current debt slavery system?

Oh, do tell how our "sovereignty was being dissolved? Clearly you have either no idea, or an outdated idea on how the EU works.

Or perhaps some people realized they didn't understand the issues, as opposed to many who voted Brexit who pretended, even still pretend, they understand what's going on.

Yes, that too. The lunatics really did take over the asylum on that day. The Euro is currently at 86p against Sterling, close to parity after the referendum whereas before it was as high 1.5 Euros to the Pound. Prices are rising faster than wages and I see years more of "austerity" with no real light at the end of the tunnel, being asset stripped by China, Russia, or America.

Well the Tories' motto is "Britain is for sale, cheap".

Oh, do tell how our "sovereignty was being dissolved? Clearly you have either no idea, or an outdated idea on how the EU works.

I know exactly how it works, the purpose for it and the end game. You, on the other hand, don't.

I know exactly how it works, the purpose for it and the end game. You, on the other hand, don't.
Sooo...is it a secret then? Or are you just bloviating because you've got nothing to informative to say?

Which decisions couldnt be made by Britain ?

Control over who comes into the country....don't you think that's kinda important???

That isnt going to change.

If you are on about EU nationals then they will still be welcome because the UK relies on them to keep everything going.

If you mean "muslim savages" then we have always had that control anyway.

So what have we gained ?

It better change because the muslims that are infiltrating your country are going to make it their mission to make those like you their personal "bitches".....you might want to invest in a "prayer rug" and learn what direction Mecca is from your locale lest you incur the wrath of your new "neighbors"...... (snicker)
Being in or out of the EU had nothing to do with Muslim immigrants. The UK had sole authority with respect to non-EU citizens entering the UK. Ignoramus.

As far as "unelected" bureaucrats, in what country are bureaucrats elected, ignoramus. While the senior staff of the Commission are unelected, so are bureaucrats almost everywhere, including those in the U.S. Federal Government. And these bureaucrats, as well as being appointed by the elected governments of the member states, and being subject to confirmation in their positions by the elected European Parliament, and having to report regularly to the elected European Parliament cannot make final decisions on EU law or policy. Those decisions are made by the Council of Ministers (consisting of ministers from the elected governments of the member states) and the elected European Government. Furthermore, the general direction of the EU is guided by the European Council, consisting of the elected heads of each member state of the now 27 EU member states. And all the EU institutions are accountable to the treaties and to the European Court of Justice. The idea that there is a European government in Brussels with independent powers is nothing more than a myth perpetrated on ignoramuses like yourself.

You were saying, lame fuck?

Wh
Being in or out of the EU had nothing to do with Muslim immigrants. The UK had sole authority with respect to non-EU citizens entering the UK. Ignoramus.

As far as "unelected" bureaucrats, in what country are bureaucrats elected, ignoramus. While the senior staff of the Commission are unelected, so are bureaucrats almost everywhere, including those in the U.S. Federal Government. And these bureaucrats, as well as being appointed by the elected governments of the member states, and being subject to confirmation in their positions by the elected European Parliament, and having to report regularly to the elected European Parliament cannot make final decisions on EU law or policy. Those decisions are made by the Council of Ministers (consisting of ministers from the elected governments of the member states) and the elected European Government. Furthermore, the general direction of the EU is guided by the European Council, consisting of the elected heads of each member state of the now 27 EU member states. And all the EU institutions are accountable to the treaties and to the European Court of Justice. The idea that there is a European government in Brussels with independent powers is nothing more than a myth perpetrated on ignoramuses like yourself.

She doesn't know what she is talking about.

Yeah, but you do "understand", eh???? It must be sad that lightweight pseudo intellectuals like you (with such massive bags of nothing) are not given more of a voice and your rants of woe have all the effect of a fart in the wind. The world is such a sadder place because the unwashed masses don't buy into your globalist bullshit agenda.

(snicker)

Of course I understand you ignorant little punk. It's you that has a bad case of cognitive dissonance you little turd.

How ironic....a stupid fuck (such as yourself) calls someone "ignorant" while not having the slightest clue on where to place a "comma". Basic punctuation skills that should have been taught in grade school totally escaped you.

I understand a great deal more than you do. You couldn't go "toe to toe" with me on ANY issue as it pertains to the geopolitical world scene on the best day you EVER had. You are "small time", punkinpuss.

I have forgotten more than you will ever learn about geopolitics, jackass. It is easy to discern that you are an ignorant little punk from reading the nonsense you write.

Control over who comes into the country....don't you think that's kinda important???

If you are on about EU nationals then they will still be welcome because the UK relies on them to keep everything going.

So what have we gained ?

It better change because the muslims that are infiltrating your country are going to make it their mission to make those like you their personal "bitches".....you might want to invest in a "prayer rug" and learn what direction Mecca is from your locale lest you incur the wrath of your new "neighbors"...... (snicker)

Wh

Yeah, but you do "understand", eh???? It must be sad that lightweight pseudo intellectuals like you (with such massive bags of nothing) are not given more of a voice and your rants of woe have all the effect of a fart in the wind. The world is such a sadder place because the unwashed masses don't buy into your globalist bullshit agenda.

(snicker)

Of course I understand you ignorant little punk. It's you that has a bad case of cognitive dissonance you little turd.

How ironic....a stupid fuck (such as yourself) calls someone "ignorant" while not having the slightest clue on where to place a "comma". Basic punctuation skills that should have been taught in grade school totally escaped you.

I understand a great deal more than you do. You couldn't go "toe to toe" with me on ANY issue as it pertains to the geopolitical world scene on the best day you EVER had. You are "small time", punkinpuss.

I have forgotten more than you will ever learn about geopolitics, jackass. It is easy to discern that you are an ignorant little punk from reading the nonsense you write.

Talk is cheap and yours isn't worth a solitary dime. ANYONE that believes that the E.U is a good idea for any country that values it's sovereignty is a blithering, card carrying idiot.....and you definitely display yours with pride.

So what have we gained ?

Wh

(snicker)

Talk is cheap and yours isn't worth a solitary dime. ANYONE that believes that the E.U is a good idea for any country that values it's sovereignty is a blithering, card carrying idiot.....and you definitely display yours with pride.

Any European Union state that understands how 450 million people (without Britain) can negotiate with China, the U.S., Russia and India, compared to what a country of even 60 million, knows that the E.U. is not only a good idea, but necessary for survival. That's while the remaining 27 will integrate further without the British fifth column busting balls.

Sooo...is it a secret then? Or are you just bloviating because you've got nothing to informative to say?

Why don't you do a little reading about it? The rules and regulations put in place by this alleged "fair trade" agreement did nothing but decimate small businesses while helping the big multi-national corporations. Want to start a business in the E.U? The red tapes that have to be cut and the costs for them totally discourages anyone from trying to open one. The "masters" of the E.U are nothing but a bunch of mafia bosses.

(snicker)

Any European Union state that understands how 450 million people (without Britain) can negotiate with China, the U.S., Russia and India, compared to what a country of even 60 million, knows that the E.U. is not only a good idea, but necessary for survival. That's while the remaining 27 will integrate further without the British fifth column busting balls.

Why shouldn't Britain negotiate their OWN trade deal? Why have they allowed these mafioso type organization to tell them how, when, what and when as it pertains to business? The fishing industry has been devastated by this agreement. The rules and regs are fucking outrageous and the only ones that benefit are the big multi-national corporations owned by the IMF and BIS that started the E.U to begin with.

Why don't you do some research instead of yapping nonsense, punk. The red tape you complain about is almost all related to providing EU workers health benefits, safety on the job, leisure time, job security and a safety net for those that aren't employed. If you want to start a company in the E.U., you can't exploit workers. Too bad.

Why shouldn't Britain negotiate their OWN trade deal? Why have they allowed these mafioso type organization to tell them how, when, what and when as it pertains to business? The fishing industry has been devastated by this agreement. The rules and regs are fucking outrageous and the only ones that benefit are the big multi-national corporations owned by the IMF and BIS that started the E.U to begin with.

Britain can now negotiate their own trade deals. Like they did before they joined the EEC, let's see how it works out for them.

Why don't you do a little reading about it? The rules and regulations put in place by this alleged "fair trade" agreement did nothing but decimate small businesses while helping the big multi-national corporations. Want to start a business in the E.U? The red tapes that have to be cut and the costs for them totally discourages anyone from trying to open one. The "masters" of the E.U are nothing but a bunch of mafia bosses.
This is a myth. I run a small business and I know many other small business owners. There is plenty of assembly funding to help facilitate new businesses.
You can get help with finance, training, marketing and accounting. Many people are going self employed or setting up small businesses in the UK.
I am all for having a pop at the corporations but you are wrong on this one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

(snicker)

Support your premise that we, the US, refuse to negotiate in good faith with medium sized countries, such as the UK.

Support your premise that we, the US, refuse to negotiate in good faith with medium sized countries, such as the UK.

The U.S. doesn't negotiate in good faith with anyone, only U.S. interests are considered. What is more of interest to the U.S., a market of 450 million or a market of 60 million people?

But even if it were true, the U.S. receives about 50 billion in UK exports, the EU about 200 billion. Do you think suddenly the UK is going to find a 200 billion market for financial services and automobiles in the U.S.?

Why do you think countries like Switzerland aggregate themselves with the EU in trade deals with large economies?

The U.S. doesn't negotiate in good faith with anyone, only U.S. interests are considered. What is more of interest to the U.S., a market of 450 million or a market of 60 million people?

But even if it were true, the U.S. receives about 50 billion in UK exports, the EU about 200 billion. Do you think suddenly the UK is going to find a 200 billion market for financial services and automobiles in the U.S.?

Why do you think countries like Switzerland aggregate themselves with the EU in trade deals with large economies?

1. Negotiating in good faith does not mean that you are not aggressively pursuing your interests.

2. The UK does not need to fill the entire EU niche. It merely needs to fill it's own niche. I think that the US, if the UK is more reasonable than the EU, will do just fine in it's trade with the US.

3. Switerland aggregates it's self into the EU because the EU is a trade bloc designed to protect it's internal markets against outsiders.

Forum List

Back